CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Spring Break (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/270407-spring-break.html)

kwjones October 20th, 2004 04:03 PM

Spring Break

Does anyone know the date this year (2005) for spring break. I'm getting ready to book the Costa Cruise in March or April, and it occurs to me that I really don't want to be on a cruise with 10,000 teeny boppers. HELP.
Thanks
Ken

Brenda in Canada October 20th, 2004 05:22 PM

Re: Spring Break

Here in B.C., Canada, it is running into Easter. It starts on Sat.March 19 and finishes on Tues.March 29. (They start back at school on Wed. March 30).
Hopefully more people will post with their school break schedule! Good luck!

Chuck Palm October 20th, 2004 07:32 PM

Spring break is really a moving target. I am a school teacher and our spring break this year is 4-2 through 4-10. In Oregon, their spring break is two weeks prior. In general, I would say that any time from President's Day weekend through mid-April you are quite likely to see more kids than normal aboard ships.

You may wish to choose a line like Princess that limits the numbers of kids aboard each ship or choose a line like H.A.L. where the crowd is a bit more mature in many ways. I would definately avoid Carnival, NCL, and RCI if you don't wish to see quite a few kids.

The good news is that most if not all of the cruise lines do a very good job of keeping kids busy with fun and interesting activities. We always cruise during peak vacation times and have never been overly annoyed by children. (Knock on wood!)

Darcy October 20th, 2004 07:57 PM

In NH it's the last week in April and in MA and ME its the third week in April. NH also has the last week in February and MA and ME are the third week in February. UNH is usually around the middle of March. There was a thread a while back and a lot of people from all over listed their spring breaks. If you try a search you may be able to find it.

Lisa October 20th, 2004 10:07 PM

I gotta agree with Chuck - any time from President's Day through mid April is spring break SOMEWHERE!!!!!

rollerdonna October 20th, 2004 10:18 PM

Here in Montreal, our "March Break" is the first week of March this year, and you can be assured, there will be plenty of winter-weary families headed for either Florida or for a cruise. Beware!

donna

Cruise Cynic October 21st, 2004 01:26 AM

Hey Donna.... I noticed that you called it "March Break"....

The word "Spring" doesn't come easily to us, huh? Not until mid-May.

Kim1319 October 21st, 2004 04:42 PM

Spring break here is usually somewhere between the last week in March and the first week in April.