CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Prayers needed once again... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/270440-prayers-needed-once-again.html)

JeanS October 23rd, 2004 08:28 AM

Prayers needed once again...

I certainly appreciate the caring and kindness of strangers on this board, it really helps!

Just got back from the ER...my mom's nurse at the convalescent hospital called at 2a saying that she was having trouble breathing and they were calling an ambulance to take her to the hospital. Turns out she has fluid and pulmonary embolisms in both lungs, with congestive heart failure......not good!! She said she was feeling better by the time the paramedics got there, but thank goodness she told the nurse and they took it seriously. I just got back from the hospital (6a) but can't sleep, so I guess I'll go back and wait with her until they admit her into a room....

Thanks for listening, please keep her in your prayers, and hopefully everyone else is doing well in the heatlh department!

SarahJ October 23rd, 2004 08:32 AM

Re: Prayers needed once again...

Prayers sent.

Thomas October 23rd, 2004 08:32 AM

Prayers are on the way Jean. So sorry to hear of your mom's troubles.

Regards,
Thomas

dezertcruzer October 23rd, 2004 08:53 AM

Jean - your mother, and you as well, are in my prayers. It's so hard to watch our parents grow old and decline. ((((((((((Jean)))))))))

belgique October 23rd, 2004 08:54 AM

Please know that prayers and good thoughts are headed your way in this difficult time.

Chuck Palm October 23rd, 2004 08:57 AM

David and I are sending the best of thoughts! Hang in there through this very tough time.

rollerdonna October 23rd, 2004 09:00 AM

Same wishes from us in Montreal. I know it's hard, and I surely empathize with you Judy. Hang in there!

donna

Phyllbo October 23rd, 2004 09:01 AM

Sending my prayers to your mom and you too, Jean.

Phyll

Mike M October 23rd, 2004 09:02 AM

Jean:
My best to your Mom and I am sending my best thoughts and wishes her way. Let us know how she's is doing.

Take care,
Mike

mibrown12 October 23rd, 2004 09:31 AM

Prayers being sent!

Michele

Tweety October 23rd, 2004 09:57 AM

Jean you have my prayers, I know only too well how stressful this can be.

Cruizin K and J October 23rd, 2004 10:43 AM

Re: Re: Prayers needed once again...

Jean, this is, indeed, stressful. My mother had a stroke last week, and now she needs 24-7 care. She's in a nursing home in Minneapolis. My best wishes and prayers for a recovery for both of our mothers.

Judy

Brenda in Canada October 23rd, 2004 11:54 AM

Jean, I hope things will improve with your Mum's health. Take care . Brenda

Janmo October 23rd, 2004 12:00 PM

My prayer goes out to you and your mom. May she be well attended at the hospital and nursing home. I too know what it's like to lose a mother. But I know she is in a better place right now waiting for me. Just knowing that so many are prayer for you has to be a comfort. God bless, Jan

bigjohn461 October 23rd, 2004 01:59 PM

Jean..Know that you and your Mom are in our prayers..Hope and good wishes coming your way for a resolve and recovery.

Lisa October 23rd, 2004 02:04 PM

Consider it done.

VTJen October 23rd, 2004 03:48 PM

So sorry to hear this news. Indeed I'm praying.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004

Trip October 23rd, 2004 07:27 PM

Just got home to see that I can add my prayers too...Take care...

JeanS October 24th, 2004 12:44 AM

Thank you all so much for your kind messages, it truly means alot that strangers care so much...

So my sister just made it here from Utah. Mom is actually doing pretty good, she feels much better now that they got her on some good medication. There is still a risk, but my sister and all of us feel much better seeing her eating and talking. We're still keeping our fingers crossed, she's anxious to get back home to her Bingo games!

Thanks again so much.........I will keep you all posted.......

Sandysnow October 24th, 2004 03:59 PM

My prayers will be with you.

Angela Z, October 24th, 2004 05:51 PM

Hang in there Jean.....my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom and family.
Angela Z.