Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Passenger

Default Save money by craming in one cabin??

Hi, I've been looking at various cruise line sites to see if this is even an option, but have not found anything to indicate that yet. I was wondering if some ships have suites where you could put a bunch of people in one cabin and thus save any money for your inconvenience of having to share the room. Anyone ever come across something like this?
Thanks!
Kac El Cheapo

Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2004, 04:49 PM
SarahJ

Default Re: Save money by craming in one cabin??

You can maybe put 4, a few more in a family cabin but you won't be saving that much money.
Old October 24th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Save money by craming in one cabin??

Yup, I'll be sharing my cabin with 3 other ladies. 2 beds and a couch.
Jan 1 2005 NCL Majesty for 7 days.

My plan is to spend as little time in the room as possible.
Old October 24th, 2004, 06:19 PM
AR

I think it's a bad idea, but to each his own. If you do it, one thing's for sure: you better have serious discussions among the whole group about the true meaning of packing light, including what "must have" items can be shared. These issues are serious business when you load up a room like that, which you will discover to your dismay if you don't do it. You'll probably also have to work out a specific bathroom schedule.
Old October 24th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Ginnie

Royal Caribbean's Voyager class ships have a category FS (Royal Family Suite with balcony) that accommodates up to 8 people. I have seen them and they are awsome. 2 bedrooms, a master bedroom with twin/queen bed, 1 additional bedroom with 2 lower and 2 upper berths, and a double sofa bed in the living room that sleeps 2. The suite also has 2 bathrooms, one with a shower and one with a bathtub, and a very large balcony. This suite also entitles you to concierge service (free drinks before dinner in the concierge lounge plus many other amenities.
Depending on the season, it can be fairly reasonable, as only the first 2 people pay the regular rate, all the others pay third/fourth passenger rates etc.
Look into this.The suite is 512 sq, ft, balcony 208 sq. ft.
Ginnie
Old October 24th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Save money by craming in one cabin??

Wow! I just found them on RCCl site. I guess I wasn't finding them before because it looks like to go through the reservation process for more than 4 people you have to call - can't do it on web site. Some even have over 600 sq. feet. Our first house only had 735 sq. ft.! I would be embarrassed to call a travel agent to get prices because I think it would be so far out of my league. Soon as I win the lottery I'll reserve one.
Thanks for the tip.

Old October 25th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Admiral

A friend of mine recently put 6 people in a suite on RCI for a little more than what it would've cost them for two outside rooms. It can be done, but the bathroom availability is the real problem.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 25th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Admiral

most cruise lines have standard cabins that can accomodate 4 people.The third & 4th person pay a reduced rate. Its very crowded if its 4 adults, very little storage space, and then theirs the whole bathroom scheduling issue.If you go this route, get a balcony, that way some of you can sit outside on the balcony while some of the others are showering or getting dressed. Some cruise lines have Family Staterooms that can accomodate up to 8 people.
A mini-suite is ideal for 4 people. Larger bathroom, larger living space. You can usually get a mini-suite w/balcony for less than 1 balcony stateroom and 1 inside stateroom.
Another cheaper option would be to get 2 inside staterooms.