Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Admiral

Default Back from the week from hell <I hope>

I have not posted since last week. Last week was by far the worst week I have ever had in my life. First middle daughter brought home something that she is absolutly not to have <I have no clue who gave it to her> Next day we caught her smoking a cigaret at home <we don't smoke so we smell it like duuuhhh right away> After that oldest daughters boyfriend left a message on the phone telling us he will come and kidnap the baby. Before that oldest daughter had told us she would move back to KY to no good other side of boyfriend. After that I had packed, left the house. She was finally clear again and reconsidered.After that boyfriend got mad. Oh boy oh boy. Boyfriend kind of said he was sorry to us and came here saturday morning to visit son. The visit went very well and he said he will move to FL next January to be with son and mother.The weekend was the best we ever had....I am still feeling blue as I am considering to leave the cruising world all together. Our last cruise wasn't very good and I was very disappointed in Princess. I am not sure if I ever cruise again and therefore will not need to frequent this board again

Just an update..I kind of missed you guys

Old October 26th, 2004, 06:40 PM
SarahJ

Default Re: Back from the week from hell <I hope>

I hope you get your family situation figured out soon.

Cruising is the least of your worries and truthfully, I doubt you would have had fun on any ship given the stress that you are having. It is one of those things that even good things look bad when things are not going well. You just had too much stress leading up until the cruise and once you got home. When things start going well again, I am sure you will enjoy cruising again.
Old October 26th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Admiral

You really sound depressed, Sue, and who could blame you if you are? But don't think about giving up your "cruise dreams", and please don't give up on all your pals here at CruiseMates. We're her not only for cruising discussions, but also for offering support to our good buddies like you.

So hang in there, girl. It may sound foolish, but maybe this is a good time for you to visit with your dad and "get away from it all". I'm pretty sure that Rick would agree. So think it over, but please don't desert us at CM. We need you as much as you need us.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old October 26th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Back from the week from hell

Kim, you put that so nicely.

Sue, I hope you will stick around too even if you aren't ready for another cruise again soon. You're part of the family around here.

I hope things will start to stabalize for you with the family. Sounds like you and your hubby need to get away for a nice long weekend together or at least just a fun date night. Hang on and stay with us.

Phyll

Post Edited (10-26-04 19:57)
Old October 26th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Admiral

Now lookie here young lady..>G<..I could not say anything any better than jack and kim put it..We DO need you and you DO need us..you are part of this family too. Just hang in there. You know as well and anybody, that time heals all wounds. Give it time sue and things will get better..just remember when things are down....look up. Prayers for you and your family.

Old October 26th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Oh my......I agree with the others that who needs to be cruising to be here?
Sue, I feel like we've been through a lot together.....I especially remember your kind words and encouragement when I was diagnosed with diabetes last fall.....I think you need to be here now more than ever! We're here for you.....I know it seems crazy to feel like family with a lot of people that you've never met in person but I think we'll all agree that we do have a family here and you're a big part of it.
Hang in there and WITH us!
Angela Z.
Old October 27th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Admiral

Sue, sounds like you got a soap opera going on over at your house! Milk it for what it's worth and write a BOOK, girl!!!

All kidding aside, sometimes life gets tough, but your friends and family are there to hold it together, and the tough ones get through it....things WILL get better....

Don't give up on cruising...what can be more relaxing and peaceful than sitting on the upper deck in the evening watching the beautiful ocean go by??

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old October 27th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Back from the week from hell <I hope>

Thanks for all the kind words! Jack as going to see my dad there is no way right now. They are leaving this saturday for an 11 day holiday somewhere in northern germany by the sea. Our trip never worked out together. Thinking to go in January just Rick and I to be with Dad when he will turn 78....maybe. The Euro is so high compared to the $$ it's hard to do europe right now. Again, thanks for all the kindness <<<HUGSTOALL>>>

Old October 27th, 2004, 07:07 AM
VTJen

Dear Sue,

I've been wondering where you've been and after a couple of days of not seeing you on the boards I became worried. You've been in my thoughts and prayers.

As far as leaving this board, you can see we've all voted, and you are not allowed to pull your citizenship with us yet. There is more than just cruising on this message board, it is a place where we can share in each other's joys and sorrows, ups and downs. A place where we can help bear each others burdens, a place where we can share a need, and know that some one will join with us in prayer, that some one will be there with some compassion and support. When our homes are in turmoil, often it is hard for those in them to be of much support, as they are going thru the stresses too. We often need that had of friendship from someone who is a bit further removed.
This is what we offer here, please don't leave now.

As far as cruising - because of financial concerns it might be several years before I can cruise again, but I'm still hanging around. If you leave just because you might not be cruising again soo, then I'll have to leave too, and I'm not ready to do that yet. Please stick around with me, ok.

I think it is just as the others said, when you go into a cruise under such stress it will be harder to enjoy it. I've only been on two cruises, but the second one I went on I was pretty sick. Though I enjoyed it, it was not to the degree as the first which I absolutely loved. I think that if I had done the same cruise, but under different circumstances the enjoyability factor would have increased greatly. Besides, you live in Florida, a short drive to any number of ports - no airfare, it is the most cost effective way for you to have a vacation.

Hang in here with us. When things are getting tough, come and post and we'll be here for ya.

Lots of Love,
VTJen
Old October 27th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Listen up Sue. You are not permitted to leave this board. We are a family and the head of the family has spoken! We may give you a long leash but we will jerk you back whenever we feel like it.

You hang in there hear? Me, and BigJohn, and Kuki, and Mike, and Jim and whoever else wants to join in the party are coming down there to help boyfriend from hell adjust his attitude.

Don't worry yourself about daughter smoking. People do that and she is making her own choices. She will make other choices in life you won't agree with but consider yourself lucky if the choices she makes are only an irritant to you, instead of harmful to others.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 27th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Jen thanks for the love and care Thomas you are one big gentle teddy bear

Old October 27th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Admiral

SUE..He may be a big Teddy bear but Me, Kuki, Mike and Jim are the bearettes.. He is right though..are you listening?..YOU KNOW we love ya kiddo.

Old October 27th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Thanks John...love you too

Old October 27th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Sue, I know we had different experiences on the same ship at a bad time, but settle down awhile and I'm sure the desire to cruise again will return.
I concur with the rest of our "family" that we enjoy having you with us and look forward to your posts. None of our families are perfect-we all have our share of "soap operas", but because of that we need to stick together and provide each other with support.
Although I don't answer everyone's posts, I try to stay up with what's going on so I can be part of the family. Believe me, when one of us doesn't post for too long, questions start popping up about his/her whereabouts.You've been in that category,"Sister", so it's great that you have checked in.

We do show much compassion and concern for one another here, and that's what makes it a special place for all of us. So please, stick with us. We'll hold you up when necessary, and you can do the same for us.

Take care. Take slow, deep breaths. Get some quiet time if possible, and do something for YOU. We love you, Sue. Lynne

Old October 27th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi, my name is Trip, and I approve the above messages !!!
Old October 28th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Admiral

Lynne Thank you..it is kind of starnge considering we went on the same cruise just a week apart. Trip, you are too funny! I hope your foot is better