Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Good Friday Morning

Keith and I sat up and watched the transfer of Arafat to Paris. I thought of my lovely husband, and all of your beloveds. Why should this guy live? Remember Rock Hudson went to Paris because of AIDS. Betcha Arafat has it, too.

Anyway, happy Friday, happier than Arafat's, whether it be taking the dog to the vet, or installing windows, or getting an MRI. Thank God we're all Americans!

In this American Friday, I'm gonna get a pedicure this p.m. Keith still has a problem with a really SOLID wax in his ear and will have to endure more medicine in it for the next six days.

Rest easy, CM's . . . enjoy your weekend, your cruises, your health, and above all, be glad you live in the U.S.A! We better love it!

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Good Friday Morning

Good early morning.

I'm still up with Kramer. He had a hard day at the hospital. He didn't have a good reaction to the anesthesia and has been pretty out of it since we got home this afternoon. He is still "stoned" and in some pain from having his hips manipulated for the CT.

His news wasn't the best but we'll have to take a wait and see attitude before we can make a decision on what we are going to do. We have an information gathering plan put together and we will reconvene with the surgeons and my daughter on Monday and hopefully, at that time, we will have the information we need to make the best decision.

To everyone I hope you have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

BTW: I heard Harry is feeling better. He took a turn for the nurse. :-) Sorry Tweets I couldn't resist. My best to him and to you and a big kiss from Betty.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 29th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning Judy, Mike and those who follow,

Another TGIF day is upon us, as another month has nearly slipped by. Where did they all go, I wonder? Halloween is nearly here once again and Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday as well. I hope that Kramer hangs in there and makes a complete recovery, Mike.

Judy's remark about Arafat and Rock Hudson reminded me of the time in '88 when I was admitted to the American Hospital in Paris in the midst of my second heart attack. That's the same hospital where Hudson died, and it was that fact that weighed on my mind as I was treated in the ER. Obviously, I survived! Thankfully, I found out that it was a pretty darned good medical facility.

It's going on 3:00 am here in Orlando, and I'm reading a book I started last evening just after the final out of WS Game 4. The title is "When Boston Won the World Series". Yes, really! It was written in 2003 by Bob Ryan, and it details the circumstances leading up to the first modern World Series in the year 1903 between the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Boston Americans (later to become the Red Sox). It's a interesting story, and so apropos considering what happened in this past week. Who would have thought when Ryan penned this tale that history would repeat itself the very next year? If you haven't read it, fans, I would recommend it highly.

We're looking forward to a nice weekend and, we'll be attending Miss Saigon on Saturday at the Bob Carr Auditorium in Orlando. Have a great day today, CMs, and enjoy your weekend wherever you might be. And for those of you cruising on the briny, Happy Berthday!

Jack

Post Edited (10-29-04 02:07)
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old October 29th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Yeoman

It's 3:15 here in my lovely little village in Ontario. Canada is a pretty good country to live in too & I count myself one of the lucky ones. To everyone (and their beloved furry children) battling medical problems I will keep you in my thoughts. Have a great Friday everyone.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old October 29th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning kids! Happy Friday. Friday doesn't have the same meaning for me this week as I will be working the weeked. Hopefully, I can finish by tomorrow and not have to come in on Sunday. Mike, I'm so sorry about Kramer.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old October 29th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I'll work half a day and then really go to work with my husband running the concession stand for the home football game tonight. Go Boone Braves!! They've clinched their district but I think a win tonight would ensure the first round of the playoffs would be a home game and that would be good since the band would make more $$.
Enjoy Miss Saigon Jack and Kim. I'm going on Sunday afternoon. It's a friends 50th birthday and her husband is treating us!
Angela Z.
Old October 29th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

I went out and mowed the lawn (hopefully for the last time) yesterday and raked some leaves ( I know it won't be the last time). The rain is supposed to start today, so I'll work inside on the windows tomorrow. Then it's off to Buffalo on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a great day, and I hope all the little goblins stay safe this weekend.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old October 29th, 2004, 06:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI.

Mike, I'm sorry to hear about Krammer too. I hope that things turn out well at the planning meeting on Monday. Our pets are part of the family, and it's so hard to see them hurting.

I will be seeing my oncologist on Monday, and he will be explaining the plan they have come up with for me. It sounds like I'll be starting chemo before the end of next week. I'm glad to be finally attacking this monster within.

Have a great day all.

Bon Voyage to those lucky enough to be leaving on a cruise.

Phyll

Old October 29th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
Mike, I trust Kramer will make out well. That anesthesia does a number on even our two-legged species!
Today is our annual "Halloween/Oktoberfest at work. I have a costume of sorts-I'll look like a a mismatched something or other with pink "rock star" hair. The colors I'm wearing with it are combination of reds, pinks, greens, etc, that don't quite match.I'll also wear Trevor's yellow wrap around sunglasses for that "way out" look. If I can get a picture of me in it, I'll send it along to someone who can post it. It's hard to describe, but "colorful"! Hey, I'm running out of ideas, here!
Tonight will be our Oktoberfest Meal, where the Residents will get to eat some German type food. The facility is nicely decorated in an autumn theme-ably handled by my outgoing, retiring boss.He's wonderful at that stuff.
My son will be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale on Dec.8. We plan to go down there for 3-4 days.Last night we told him we'd pick him up at the airport. The email I received from him this AM said he'd be arriving at 9:10AM! (alternative was 8:30PM). Hmmn. The only way to do that is to go down Tuesday night and stay at mom-in-law's house, as our motel reservations start that Wed. night. Details, details!
Have a great Friday, Everybody!!! Lynne

Old October 29th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl...running late but wanted to check in before I get going.

Judy your comment : "Keith and I sat up and watched the transfer of Arafat to Paris. I thought of my lovely husband, and all of your beloveds. Why should this guy live? Remember Rock Hudson went to Paris because of AIDS. Betcha Arafat has it, too."

was totally uncalled for. How are you to say any human should die and he has aids? This kind of attitude toward another human beeing has brought on wars for many centuries! Love one another ..

Anyway I am stepping off my soap box now and hope yo have a good day. At least it's friday and this is always nice. Tomorrow morning we are helping out at the church with the homeless and I am organizing a "Thanksgiving dinner" Floida style for them the weekend before Thnaksgiving. We are having a big cook out ..should be fun. The hard part is organizing this..but I am sure it will be fine.

Mike sorry about the dog..I know this is hard for you. Keeping the little guy in my prayers and Winston also <anyone heard anything about him?>

Be blessed....

Old October 29th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

good friday morning all.

mike, sorry to hear about your pet. i have a guinea pig who is having medical issues. my 7 y.o. is very worried. it's especially tough at that age.

phyll, you sound so determined! we're all behind you too!

its pretty chilly here in southern nh. i am just biding my time till i'm out of here and in the warm gulf of mexico!

being the procrastinator that i am, i must rush out today and get a pumpkin for the kids to carve! how did halloween get here so fast.

oh whoever mentioned it....Thank you for reminding me about the time change this weekend. i always forget.

have a great day

caron =)

next........victory for thanksgiving 04

Turkey Day on the Victory!!
Old October 29th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Long Island where it's looking quite dreary outside.

Gonna try now to start catching up on my packing and clean up. Hopefully we will be able to get this all done so we can make some sort of move as soon as 'Da Coot' gets past his recovery stage. Was gonna rake leaves this weekend too Eddie but one of my neighbors must have snuck over here and did it for me cause a bunch of them are gone. Of course they are still falling so I'll have plenty of time to do it again.

Sorry to hear about Kramer Mike, the attack plan sounds like what we just went thru with Da Coot.

ML, fingers are crossed that Sunday can be a day of rest for you.

Phyl we're praying that the oncologist gets your treatments started quickly and that you sail thru them with flying colors and Judy, hope Keith's ear is feeling better soon.

Enjoy Miss Saigon Jack and Angela. I won't tell 'da Coot' about the German food Lynne or he'll be straining to go join you. He loves German food.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old October 29th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning from Foggy Baton Rouge, Temp is 64. Past ready for some cool weather. Hope everyone has a Happy Friday.

Coral Princess 9-18-06 (Alaska)
Carnival Fantasy 02-04-2008, Caribbean
RC - Grandeur of the Seas 8-2010-Caribbean
Ruby Princess 2-3-2013 Caribbean
Caribbean Princess - 9-21-2013 - New England
RC - Serenade of the Seas 4-2014 - Bahamas
Old October 29th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning All, Wishing you all a great day and a beautiful weekend. Remember we are all God's children, so love one another.

jeanne

Old October 29th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning from SE Wisconsin where it is already 63 degrees - the warm front is through and the storms will come tonight before it cools off again.

Mike - so sorry to hear about Kramer.......there has to be a good ending for this!

Have a good day everyone!

Old October 29th, 2004, 07:59 AM
VTJen

Good Morning from Sunny, but Chilly Vermont,

The grass was all frosty this mornig as I walked the dog. I decided to go down a small incline, lost my footing fell, slid down, kicked the dog. I'm sure my neighbors were watching, if so I gave them quite a show as I was wearing my blue chennile bathrobe. The ground was pretty frigid on my prosterier. I think I'll have a couple of bruises, and my neck and shoulders are pretty stiff. Might have to soak in a hot tub later.

Had planned on doing lots of house work today, we'll have to see about that.

Not too much else. I'm gonna start a crock pot full of chili for supper tonight, and I have bananas that should be made into bread, paper work to attack. Everything sounds so mundane.

I'm truly sad to hear of Kramer's ongoing troubles. Poor baby.
Phyll - praying for you, continually. I too would be anxious to start attacking the problem.

Good Day to you all,

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old October 29th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal, where it's sunny at least, I don't know how cold it is yet!
Yesterday was a marathon day at the hospital, where we waited hours for my mom's chemo treatment. Her hair is finally falling out, so last night after we got home, I took her to see a lady who makes wigs, and she will have one by next week. She is quite devastated to say the least, but the good thing is, the Dr. says the chemo is reducing the amount of fluid around her lung. We don't know yet about the tumour...

Mike, I'm sorry to hear about Kramer. I pray that he will be alright, but I know you will make the best decision for your buddy. Emma sends her best woofs!

Phyll, you must be relieved to finally get things started. My best wishes go out to you too!

Rebel, I second the motion that Canada is a great place to live!

I've got to get ready for work. Today is our big Halloween party (the whole daycare, 80 kids in costumes!). My costume is not as colourful as Lynne's (but I sure would like to see a picture of hers!) I am going as "The Paper Bag Princess". Any of you who have kids, particularly in Canada, will recognize this as a Robert Munsch childrens' classic.
It's been the favourite story in our class this year, so I have made a "dress" out of paper grocery bags, and will top it with a sequined tiara! I'll try to post some pictures at a later date...

have a good Friday all!

donna

Old October 29th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Passenger

"Why should this guy live? Remember Rock Hudson went to Paris because of AIDS. Betcha Arafat has it, too.

Anyway, happy Friday, happier than Arafat's, whether it be taking the dog to the vet, or installing windows, or getting an MRI. Thank God we're all Americans!"

Why do people have to be so unkind. I wouldn't wish AIDS on anybody, even a terrorist like Arafat. You should visit a hospice some day and see what a dreadful disease it is to die from. Some of us non-Americans thank God also for living in our own countries. As for the MRI comment, I take it it's aimed at us Canadians. I'd rather wait six months for an MRI for a non-lifethreatening condition rather than seeing old people line up for flu vaccines or suffer because they are uninsured. Your comments were very unkind.
Old October 29th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning again:
Well, the drugs only reset Kramer's clock by one hour. Darn, I wanted more sleep. He seems to be back to his old, hungry self. I have him an extra 1/4 cup of dog food to make up for no supper last night.

Tweets: I hope the leaf fairy shows up again today. Say howdy to Harry. He's probably like Kramer was yesterday but hopefully he did take that "turn for the nurse."

Phyll: Get a good explanation of the plan on Monday and make sure YOU understand it and ask questions. The best idea yesterday, about Kramer, came from Betty who once a procedure was explained to her made a suggestion and it was a darn good one.

To everyone: Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!!!

Take care,
Mike(Who's tired, very tired)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 29th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Posting from work quickly...Good Morning to all of you...hope you all have a wonderful day and Prayers are going out ot those in need..Please stay safe and will post from home/

Old October 29th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Passenger

Good Morning everyone. TGIF

I would like to throw in a third vote for Canada as a great place to live, right along with the USA.

To followup on a couple of things from yesterday's post - VTJen, thanks for asking - my horse's name is Indy. And Mike - I loved the funny song. <G>

My day will be a busy one, and so will the weekend, so I'll have to keep this short. The farrier could not do a thing for Indy, who was quite lame still. I was hoping the farrier could help with the problem I thought we were having, but that problem is past and we are on to a new one, I think. One bad thing (the initial injury) happened last December and it has led to a string of complications. After a careful analysis yesterday I believe we have moved on to yet another new problem. Oy - more vet bills!!

Mike, I'm sure you know how that is. I hope Kramer feels better very soon, and that you get some sleep.

VTJen, get some rest and feel better after your fall.

Phyll - you go girl!! You can beat this, and we all are sending you love and get well prayers.

Everyone, I suggest we practice random acts of kindness today, and make a point of stopping to tell someone you love them.

Tammie

New Year's 2007 MSC Lirica
New Year's 2006 MSC Lirica
New Year's 2005 Carnival Spirit
Old October 29th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A "grumpy" crowd on the good morning thread <G>

The world has always been, and still is a strange place, with strange goings on. "Humanity" is way to find a calm in the turbulent storm.

Unfortunately none of us can find the solution to the world's ills. But if you can bring "humanity" into your small corner of the universe you're doing your job.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 29th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Passenger

"Everyone, I suggest we practice random acts of kindness today, and make a point of stopping to tell someone you love them."

Thank you, Tammie, for that reminder. We all need it. I spent half a day yesterday with my elderly father in a hospital while he underwent a battery of tests. When you see all the sick people, especially children, you realize how lucky you are to be relatively healthy and alive. Remember "every day above ground is a good day".
Old October 29th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone from a foggy, dark!, Vancouver.
I have many things to get accomplished this morning-esp.cleaning!!! This afternoon I will be at my youngest's school for the Hallowe'en festivities. Then after school her little ' party' and then tonight Harvest Festival at the school(with me in charge of the Bingo).
VTJen-I know what it is like to fall! I hope you are okay. Rest up-the work will still be there tomorrow!
Mike-I hope Kramer gets better.
Judy-solid earwax sounds nasty! Poor Keith! My kids get earwax accumulating and I find olive oil does help soften it.
Fast Eddie-so you are shuffling off to Buffalo, eh?! (Lol-could not resist)
RD-enjoy your costume party at work.
Purplefrog-Guinea pigs are cute. I hope it recovers. My daughters would love any sort of pet-guinea pig, cat,dog!(But I tell them they can get one when they move out, although I could tolerate a guinea pig perhaps!)
I hope everyone has a relaxing Friday. Don't work too hard. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda