Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2004, 06:47 AM
TootsieBell

Default Best Cruise For Honeymoon?

What ship would be right for a couple in their 30's, who don't drink, but want a nice reasonable balcony cabin? They are only able to get away for about 4-5 nights.
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2004, 07:31 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Best Cruise For Honeymoon?

TootsieBell:
What part of the country are they located and when will they want to go? If they are going to fly I would strongly suggest stretching it to seven days and take advantage of it.

What do they like to do? Fun in the sun? Swim and Snorkel? Shop? Lounge and relax? Eat gourmet food?

There are 5 day cruises, out of Miami, offered in January of this year by Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Radisson Seven Seas and Norwegian Cruise Lines. Some of these can offer a very different experience and price level.

If you can provide a bit more information you will get some more and accurate answers. I also think that speaking with an agent may be another good thing to do.

Take care and I hope your quest ends in finding a great cruise for the honeymoon.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 31st, 2004, 07:44 AM
Admiral

I would suggest speaking with a Travel Agent as well. And only one who specializes in cruises. They'll be able to decipher the amenities you value and steer you onto the right ship.

And don't worry, they get paid by commission from the cruiseline so the service is free to you.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 31st, 2004, 07:56 AM
SarahJ

Thomas -- our local travel agents charge a fee for their consultation plus their commission. At AAA, they charge $50 pp to book a cruise, $25 pp for plane tickets and $100 cancellation fee. This is the norm here and not the exception. They also charge fully for the cruise.
Old October 31st, 2004, 08:04 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Best Cruise For Honeymoon?

When I see this I know why people who want to book don't walk but run to book directly with the cruise line.

An agents time is money and I can "almost" see them charging for consultation but charging for booking and plane tickets (especially if it's for a cruise) is ridiculous and I would also run. However, I would run to another agent.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 31st, 2004, 08:29 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Royal Caribbean, would be my idea of a short but nice cruise. Carnival is too much of a party ship, although there are alot more younger people. If you could stretch it to at least 7 nights, then Celebrity or Pirncess is my choice. (this is my personal opinion.)

Old October 31st, 2004, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

While 3, 4 and 5 cruises can be fun, for sure.... I don't believe they are very indicative of the "full cruise experience".

They tend to be louder, more partying, and generally create a "busier" ambience than 7 day cruises, because people are trying to fit 7 days into less.

Personally, if they can't find a way to stretch their time to make a 7 day cruise, I'm not sure I'd look at a cruise for the honeymoon.
4 or 5 days at a romantic resort might be more apres paux. Save the cruise for a nice anniversary trip when they can take the time to do it right.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 31st, 2004, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Oceania Regatta has a five night cruise that is not port intensive and should be quite romantic and it should not be a big party crowd. The one I found is Feb. 3rd. I don't know if that date is a good one for you.
Old October 31st, 2004, 12:22 PM
TootsieBell

It is not the Bride's first cruise, but I believe it will be the groom's. They are getting married Sunday, May 29th; so the cruise would have to be from Monday to Friday. I know that limits the choices. They live in Florida. Ft. Lauderdale or Miami are the nearest ports. Because they do not have to fly to board the ship. A cruise, in their case, is the most economical way to go.