Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2004, 04:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Good Morning Monday!!

Good Morning CruiseMates, It looks like a fairly nice day coming up here in NH's Lakes Region. Work today but we are planning to go for a walk to the library then baking this afternoon. Have a great day all.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2004, 04:59 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Morning Monday!!

Good morning Cruznut2 and all the CM's to follow. It's going to be a very busy day at the office for me today. We are starting our new software programs today...wish me luck.
I spent yesterday afternoon at Jackie's helping her had our candy. She had 99 trick-or-treaters. Then I got home to do mine...we had TWO! You can tell I live on a very dark, country road and she lives in a neighborhood!
Have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old November 1st, 2004, 05:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning to all the CM
Yesterday was a very busy day and today doesn't look good either.
We had the trick or treaters at our door at 4:30. not even dark yet. Some of the costumes were real cute. a small guy about 2 ? was a pumpkin. He could hardly walk in the thing. His hat was the stem with leaves.
After dark the the large kids came around, even teenagers. Whats with that? Souldn't there be an age limit? No pranks were played. still have candy left.

To bad about new England, they had to lose sometime. I'm glad Boston won after such a long time. Hurray!

Don't forget to VOTE !!!
I'll be glad when the ads are over that say ...and I approve of this message.
wearing thin with me.
Happy Monday
Carole
Old November 1st, 2004, 05:30 AM
Yeoman

Happy Monday all. We have lots of candy left, but that's ok it won't go to waste. I can't believe it's November already. But that's ok too because it's my birthday on the 7th. All I want this year is another cruise. Keep your fingers crossed! Have a great day everyone,
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old November 1st, 2004, 05:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

HI Kids,
I am still sick, I thought I was on the mend, but the throat got worse, so today I may just stay in bed and take more meds, and NOT talk..ugh..Have a better day, Cruisemates...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 1st, 2004, 06:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

good morning all!

stay in bed trip.........it's that time of year. we've already had a head cold circulate thru our house. hope you feel better soon.

beautiful weather here for the trick or treaters. i have way too much candy left though, and why oh why does it all have to be chocolate??!!!

cannot believe it is november! only 19 more day before i head to florida for the turkey day cruise with the cruisemates! looking forward to meeting you all.

xmas shopping today. because i know i'll be broke after the cruise!

have a great day all

caron =)

next........victory for thanksgiving 04

Turkey Day on the Victory!!
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:37 AM
VTJen

Good Morning,

What a weekend. Not the most enjoyable.

Since I didn't post yesterday I'll catch you up today.

At my sons State Cross Country Race we arrived and it was damp and misty. They were playing Scottish Pipe music over the loud speakers. Everyone was pumped up. We watched a couple races before it was my sons Division 1 race. There were a couple places to see the runners before they come down the chute for the finish line. We view him the first time and note he hasn't pulled out yet, we were not too worried he looked like he had plenty of steam left and would pull ahead on the hills - he does really well up hill. We are at the finish line. The time he usually runs comes and goes, now we worry as we know something has gone wrong. Yup, when we finally see him I notice there is blood on his leg. Come to find out in the beginning of the race, before we saw him the first time, he'd been pushed while going down hill running on wet slippery leaves. He of course falls, his teammate runs over his leg trips, another kid runs over his hand. Some one else falls, of course my son is on the bottom of the pile, by the time they are all up he's lost time. Now he's mad that his time was so much off his mark. I'm like it should be now lets take care of the leg. I was pretty sure he'd have to have stitches, he and his father didn't thinks so. One of the teammates mother's was there - an O.R. nurse. She told him to get to first aid. The E.M.T.'s didn't have any butterfly bandages and said he'd have to go to the hospital. The best hospital in are area was 20 minutes away, but he insisted on driving the almost 2 hours to our home hospital - he's very grumpy. I oblige him. We went to ER - 7 stitches in his leg - quite wide and deep. The stitches are still bleeding this morning. Of course he has over done all weekend. His excuse is "It doesn't hurt".

Come to find out my niece in NY City has had a similar accident, smacked her leg on bathroom tile - cut thru to the bone, hitting a tendon. She is on crutches, can't bear weight on it and had 4 stitches.

Last night my daughter calls from College to let us know she's engaged. I wasn't as jolly as I should have been. She's only known him about 3 months. I think it is too fast.
But, how do you argue - I knew the minute I met my husband we would be married.
Her father was more receptive than I was. I feel bad I couldn't have been a little more joyful and happy for them. It just seems so fast. They wanted to get married this summer, I said that the summer of 2006 would be more like it - at least that gives them some time to be sure. Of course neither will be done their college. I also means that she will not be coming home, or at least to New England to live. They will be staying in Tenn. I'm not really surprised, I could feel it coming. But we haven't even met him yet. He's coming home for Christmas - the whole month they are off from college, so we can get to know him. That means I'll have no alone time with my daughter. Things certainly change fast.

I'm a little depressed today. It's November, the leaves are about all gone, so the trees are naked. It's windy, wet and damp. The dog has thrown up on the living room carpet.

I'm gonna shower, go to work and look for some thing to bring sunshine to my day.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:49 AM
Angela Z,

Good morning from Orlando.
VT Jen, sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now.....don't despair...you may end up liking the guy or things could change.....it's not set in stone.
We had a busy weekend and I'm looking forward to catching up on real life today. We took a friend to see Miss Saigon yesterday.....it was a surprise. 6 of us showed up at her house and said "get dressed....we've got plans". She loved it and decided turning 50 isn't so bad.
After that I had to go to my co-workers father's viewing and then home to help with the trick or treaters....we spooked up our courtyard and it was lots of fun. A real roller coaster of a day though.
Angela Z.
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:53 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning!
First of all, fasteddie, how about that Bill's win! It was worth driving to Orchard Park for that one! Since my team didn't play yesterday, and the Bills weren't on TV, I was stuck with Minnesota and Dallas--but, later saw Green Bay beat the Redskins-fluky-and the Steelers were beating New England when I left it.
Back to work today after a pretty tame weekend. We live in a gated retirement community out in the country so no trick or treaters here. Anyway, I have enough tricks AND treats at work so I'm satisfied. It's a give and take thing!
Trevor told me yesterday afternoon that he'll check for a short cruise from Ft. Lauderdale when we're down there in December with my grown son. He's come down for about 4-5 years in a row now, only this time he's flying straight into Ft.L. We always go down there anyway. So, perhaps I'll get to go to the Bahamas! Or, if not, cruise around the city looking at the expensive homes on the New River!
The sun is now shining here in Avon Park,FL. Have a great day!! Lynne

Old November 1st, 2004, 07:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:
I had a good evening yesterday. My daughter, SIL and granddaughter came over and we took our granddaughter trick or treating. She was Cinderella and because of the temperature, grandma spent the day making a fancy cape to go with the costume. It looked perfect.

This was her first "official" trick or treat and it only took a couple of houses until she got the routine down. She did get mixed up on one or two houses and said "you're welcome" instead of "thank you" but she did the "Trick or Treat" and "Bye" perfectly. She also ended with a bunch of candy from 10 houses. People like to give multiples to two year olds. :-)

This afternoon we will reconvene by phone with the surgeons at the U and see what their findings are about Kramer. We did have one bit of good news. The infection in Kramer's leg and hip is not completely antibiotic resistant. There are two antibiotics that it can't tolerate. So that's a good thing, except they are both expensive. Oh well, the darn dog is worth it. (I have to say that. He's laying on my foot.) :-)

Trip: Get better! Rest, read, sleep, watch Jerry Springer. Wait! Cancel the Springer thing.

Mary Lou: You had two Trick or Treaters: I don't think your diet allows that, does it? <VBG>

VT: Kids are constant source of worry. Just wait, you'll get grandkids. That's your reward for putting up with the kids for all those years. :-)

To everyone: Have a great Monday and a great week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 1st, 2004, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Good morning from very sunny Long Island. Trees are still losing their leaves and that means more raking. YUK!

'Da Coot' is recovering nicely and is ready to come home. Only trouble with that is the Doctors aren't ready yet to release him. Will probably be another 5 or 6 days before they let him go. Going back to work today so won't get to the hospital to see him till tonite.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old November 1st, 2004, 07:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Tweets:
That makes me feel good to hear that at least Harry is ready to come home. If he is anything like me he has already formulated his plan on how he can get out of there ASAP or what the consequences are for leaving AMA. (Against Medical Advice) <VBG>

If you find out he is thinking of the latter you may have to come up with yet another use for Duct Tape.

It is REALLY great that he is doing well and I hope you have a great day at work!!!!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 1st, 2004, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates and I am still laughing so hard, my eyes are so full of tears. I will never read Y2C's jokes or stories before I post a good morning. That was hilarious.
Okay...Hope you all have a great day and enjoy it to the best of your abilities. It is raining here again but the good news is, there is no TP hanging from the trees or bushes.>G< So that means there were no tricks for the night. We are under a flash flood watch and a warning in some parts of the state and the rain will continue until Wed. We are saturated to the core.

Trip..Hope you get to feeling better..
Sea Trek..I hope you have a good day and I approve that well wish message.(did that get on your last nerve?)..>VBEG<
VTjen..At least she let you know she was engaged..Our son went into the Navy and then got married and did not let us know for 8 months. He kept talking about this real nice girl he was seeing..>VBG<
Mike..I hope Kramer gets better..I know you do too bud..hang in there.
Tweety..you posted while I was a typing..Hope 'da Coot" gets better soon..Duct tape him to the bed..

Everyone else..have a great day and Please stay safe.

Post Edited (11-01-04 09:30)
Old November 1st, 2004, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI.

Tweety, I'm so glad that Harry is doing well and is antsy to get out of the hospital. That's a good sign. I think you better take Mike's advice though and bring the duct tape with you tonight.

VT, wow, you sure have your hands full. Hope your sons leg heals well and he can get back to his running once again. We went through the "I'm getting married" thing with my son and I know what you mean about feeling uncomfortable and not very celebratory. Hopefully you will really like the guy when you meet him and things can get delayed long enough for them to really get to know each other.

Mike, I'll be thinking of you and the planning for Kramer. Hope they can come up with a good one.

Trip, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well today either. Stay in bed and drink that nice hot tea. Take care and (((((hugs)))) to you.

Hope everyone else has a great day. Don't make yourselves sick on that left over candy. :-)

Phyll

Old November 1st, 2004, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. I'm back to work today since I didn't bet on the winner of the Breeder's Cup this past Saturday. But we "won" anyway having a great time visiting my two brothers!

Rain, rain, and more rain today. But the temperatures are cooler! Ya'll have a good day.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old November 1st, 2004, 08:16 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning CMs, A little cloudy with passing showers today, but it is nice. Makes me feel cozy inside. Jen, I can relate, but when we finally met the guy who married our eldest daughter, we were thrilled, he is a great person and treats our daughter like a queen. So try to be patient and give him a chance. No trick or Treaters yesterday, the only family in our neighborhood with kids moved on Saturday and now its all retired folks again. Wishing you all a great day.

Jeanne

Old November 1st, 2004, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

It seems that I'm a little late this morning. I didn't get to work as early as normal, so I couldn't get on the computer until now. It's always fun at work the Monday after DST ends. I have to change all of the clocks in the facility. It took me an hour and a half.

Hey Lynne, how about them Bills? What a miserable day though. Rain and winds 25-30 mph coming off Lake Erie is not much fun. It made it better that they won. What a depressing start of the game though. I just purchased my one liquid refreshment (it's a two and one half hour drive back home) and I set it down on the bench next to me so I could clean my glasses. The wind gusted so hard that it blew my beer over! $7.50 all over the concrete! I wanted to cry!!!

Hopefully we didn't get any trick or treaters because it was a 3 1/2 hour game and the people driving in front of me were driving 10 mph below the speed limit. So we never got home until 8:00pm. That's OK, more candy for me!!!!!

Hope everybody has a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old November 1st, 2004, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning Monday!!

Good morning from swfl...what a busy place here this morning! Not much on my agenda here today except maybe that massage I have been wanting to get. The kids gave it to me for mothers day <1 hr massage plus hotstones> and it expires 6 month later which makes it this month! I guess I have to get my lazy butt up and do it. The massage is wonderful, have done it in the past. Tomorrow the "other MIL" is flying down here and I ahve to go and pick her up. She will finish the remodel project on her house that got so badly damaged due to Hurricane Charley. Thursday little Aiden is getting shots again and off course I am the driving grandma

VTJEN...sorry to hear about your sons injuries. I hope it will heal fast and well. As to the "news" I know how you feel. But it might turn out to be a blessing and you never know as young kids change their minds often.I met my husband and the moment I saw him I knew he was the one. That was over 21 years ago. It does happen!

Trip looks like you and RD have the same thing. I bet the husbands are glad you are not able to talk!

Mike M that is great news about the dog. I hope it will work out!

Everyone else have a great day

Old November 1st, 2004, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The ringing of the phone woke me early this morning, with the news of major flooding at the hotel due to clogged pipes.
I wondered why they were wasting time calling me instead of the plumbers!!! The only tool I know how to work is a butter knife.

It never ceases to amaze me what people will flush down a toilet. Last week , in one of the woman's toilets in the bar we unplugged a bar and three pairs of panties. I kept looking for a woman with six legs to try and find the responsible party.

So... with the new flood... it's obviously not going to be a great start to my work week :_(

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 1st, 2004, 09:16 AM
Passenger

Good Monday to all.

Kuki, your humor in the face of adversity is a thing to behold.

Trip, feel better soon.

VTJen, keep your chin up.

Mike, I'm glad Kramer is on the mend and the antibiotics are working. We'll keep good thoughts for him.

I'm at work early today, so I'm posting from my desk at work. I have to leave around noon to take my Indy to the vet. Just the fact that I got this appointment is a minor miracle. We are going to see a vet who is renowned as the best lameness and joint specialist for horses. If he can't figure out what is going on with Indy, nobody can. Usually there is a 4 to 6 week wait to get an appointment with him, so when I called on Friday morning and they said I could get in today, I was amazed and decided it must be a sign. I'm hoping a good sign.

Anyway, have a great day everyone.

Tammie

New Year's 2007 MSC Lirica
New Year's 2006 MSC Lirica
New Year's 2005 Carnival Spirit
Old November 1st, 2004, 09:27 AM
Cruizin K and J

Good morning from southern California where the neighbors started prep work for cementing outside of their house at 6:45 a.m.

We had perfect weather for the Halloweeners. What with a neighborhood party, we don't et enough of them to justify buying candy. We ignored the whole thing and went out to one of our favorite steak houses.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old November 1st, 2004, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone
Been a little absent from the bb's-- still dont know where all my time goes----
Happy Belated Halloween--- we survived out here----- we did have more trick or treaters this year than ever before-- but at least they stopped knocking by 8:45----and I didnt run out of candy--
Welcome home Susie--- we missed you--
Cheers all and have a great day
April
Old November 1st, 2004, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning from rainy and cool SE Wisconsin.......getting ready to start the first of three days of work this week.......after Wednesday I am outta here for a few days! Now, if I could just find the carryon from the last cruise...........................................

Have a great day everyone!

Old November 1st, 2004, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a very rainy,windy Vancouver. Lucky we had excellent weather last night! Oldest was a Princess& youngest Zooboomafoo(the lemur from Kratt's Creatures show).
Off to work later today and then tomorrow the early shift. The traffic tomorrow morn should be extra crazy if it is raining!!!
VTJen-hope your son's leg gets better. I hope your youngest does wait to be married until 2006; I assume she is quite young.
Tweety-glad to hear your husband is recovering well.
Trip-get better!
Carole-I,too, will be happy when all the US election ads on TV are done! There was like a hundred of them last night!(well, almost 100!)
Caron(Purplefrog)-happy Xmas shopping!!
Everyone-take care. Bye for now. Brenda

Old November 1st, 2004, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Okay, it isn't morning, but I wanted to check in and say hi. Had a great trip to Fantasy Fest in Key West last week! The Majesty of the Seas was in port on Thursday... that would have been fun!

Hope everyone is doing great!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old November 1st, 2004, 03:35 PM
Denise H

good moring i'm glad your haveing a good day its cold and cloudy here in mpls
Old November 1st, 2004, 05:39 PM
Admiral

Good morning from rainy British Columbia - wow is it pouring - nice lull in the storm for Hallowe'en though- that's good because it took me two days to get the garage - pardon me - cemetary - set up. It did look good - I'm 54 going on 12 I think! I had a great evening. Even pranked a couple of the neighbours. You know the ones who turn their lights off and pretend they aren't home - :o). Got some chocolate bars left but i will make the utimate sacrifice - my waistline (should be wasteline) and eat them all up. TTFN Jennifer
Old November 1st, 2004, 07:48 PM
deborah grimes

Good evening all! What a nice worm day in S.C. I went trick or treat with my grandson. He is 2 years old. He was Santa Clouse. I thought that was different. Everyone thought he was so cute. We had his tummy stuff, he could hardly walk.
Today is my 24th anniversary. When we meet , my hubby told me after 3 weeks of dating we was going to get married. Dont worry, things have a way of working out. We was told it would never work out. I'v been married longer then some of those people that told me that, and they are on their 2 or 3 marriage. They still can't get it right! We always said you like a person first, Then you fall in lust, then it is love. Does anyone agree to that? We be sailing in 38 days the Miracle. HAVE A GREAT EVENING EVERYONE, I WILL!
Old November 2nd, 2004, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Hope you had a great anniversary, Deborah!

Cheers,
Michelle P.