Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:50 AM
Admiral

Default Travel Insured Insurance

I used Travel Insured ins for my last cruise. Someone on these boards told me about them. Anyway I was one of the lucky ones in September that got to stay out 2 extra days because of the hurricane but still had extra things like a hotel, taxi to hotel, food, change of flights, ect. I submitted a claim less than a month ago and received my check in the mail yesterday. They paid for everything, I was was VERY pleased. My sister that went with me had to see the Dr. while on board and they also paid for that. The are really reasonable. If you are looking for ins check them out. travelinsured.com. I think for the 3 of us was $130 total. It insures your flight, lost baggage, and the cruise. I will for sure use them for my next trip, lots cheaper than the cruise line and it covers our air.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker
Default Re: Travel Insured Insurance

Hi Carol,
That is a wonderful example of the importance of travel insurance. There is all kinds of insurance companys. Best to shop for your needs, ie: age, medical conditions, length of trip, etc. We have used different ones over the years. I will try your suggestions for the next cruise.
from another Carole
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:39 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Travel Insured Insurance

Due to reading these boards we also had travel insurance last time we cruised. We did not need it but it is very important to have. Thanks for pointing it out. I am glad you got the money back and the insurance worked out for you. I am making a note and will try to use this company if we ever cruise again< which I doubt>

Old November 3rd, 2004, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Travel Insured Insurance

Got my insurance today! Better to be safe than sorry- as we are spending quite a pretty penny(for us) to go on this trip in January.