Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Default Whats a great way to surprise the kids?

I am taking my kids on a cruise in Oct. on the EOS and they "think" they are going on a cruise in Dec. So how do i surprise them early? Also while we are on the cruise my little gril will turn 6 (in the last day) What can I do for her b-day? The cruise will be Oct 9th -16th 2005..Please help!
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Whats a great way to surprise the kids?

when you book your tix tell the ta about the birthday and ask her to arrange for a birthday cake-no charge-and some of the waiters will come over and sing happy birthday

Old November 9th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

do what my parents did for my first ever foreign holiday. i was eleven and my sister was nine. they packed for us in secret, trust me kids don't notice this, and on the morning of departure a taxi arrived, my dad said it was to take us to the train station for a visit to scotland. Well we drove off and headed towards the station, then we turned onto the motorway (freeway to you guys) and i knew something was up. I asked were we really going to the airport? (i had been there to see the planes and always wanted to go on one). The taxi driver said yes we were (he was in on it) my dad said, really we were going on an aeroplane to the isle of man (small place about 45mins flt away). Well, my sister and i were sooooo excited, we had never flown before and we just couldn't believe it. We arrived at the airport (it had only one terminal then, it has 3 now) and we got out and headed to checkin. Again kids are really not as observant as you'd think, we got to the desk and the check in agent asked where our final destination was, my dad said SAN FRANCISCO, well i almost passed out with shock! I always remeber as we took off an passed through the cloud level my sister turning to us and saying "it's like heaven up here". It was the most magical thing that ever happened to me! And now, this is all my parents fault I work at the same airport. So MUM and DAD thanks for everything.

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old November 9th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Lexx-that is such a cute story! I do not know if I could keep such a fun secret!!
ssatterly-let them know when you book your cruise. You have lots of time to think of something fun. She will have a great time on her 'birthday' cruise!!!!!

Old November 9th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi SS,
Was wondering what ship you decided on, glad to hear you'll be cruising with your kids On Explorer, I just know they will love it!

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Well I have not booked it yet. I am going to book the Expoler for Oct 9th 2005 got a great dealon 2 inside cabins! I could not pass up.. SAnd its 2 moths ealier!
Old November 10th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Captain

We are surprising our two girls with a cruise on Nov. 28. They are 13 and 5 and have no idea. I have been secretly packing for them for weeks now. It is so hard to keep the secret but I have to focus on the fact that in the end it will be worth it. Definitely tell the TA or PVP that your daughter will be celebrating a birthday, they make such a fuss over the kids it is great!