Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Default ? Grand Cayman excursion times

I was looking for some advice about Grand Cayman excursion times. The Carnival brochure says: 9am-5:30 pm for GC. Some of the Stingray excursions ex:Soto's say 9:30-11:30 am. Would we be able to make that time for the excursion?? I realize it is a tender port there and I will make my husband get the earliest tender ticket time available, but I have also read things about Port times vs. Ship times.
Seasoned cruisers who have been to GC, please advise as I would like to reserve our spots. We would like to get the earlier time if able, as we would like to go to He** and then spend some time on 7 Mile Beach.
Thank-you for your advice. Brenda in Canada

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: ? Grand Cayman excursion times

You could easily skip he** ... it looks like something a Hollywood studio created out of black styrofoam on a very small scale ... main attraction is to buy a postcard and have it stamped from there.

For what it's worth, Grand Cayman is on Eastern Standard Time.

I didn't book any excursions this time (11/6/04 - one of the first ships back since the hurricane ... Coral Princess) so didn't try for a tender until 11:50 AM ... and even though I was first in line still had to wait for two tenders to unload before I could get on board.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old November 18th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: ? Grand Cayman excursion times

Thanks for your adviceCruzNut. I am leaning towards going with Cpt.Marvins as he has a mid-time(11:15 am) as well as the early & late times as Sotos.
A postcard/Tshirt etc. is all we really want to do in He** and a few photos. I realize we will not take too long there!!
Hope you enjoyed your cruise!