Subject: FYI: Getting Old
Getting Old: 11.16.2004
* Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art.
* I am in shape. Round is a shape.
* Time may be a great healer, but it’s a lousy beautician.
* I plan on living forever. So far, so good.
* Age doesn’t always bring wisdom. Sometimes age comes alone.
* Life not only begins at forty, it also begins to show.
* Remember, growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional.
* We do not stop dancing because we are old; we grow old because we stop dancing.
* Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
* The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.
* Old age comes at a bad time.
* As I grow older I am becoming increasingly concerned about the here after. By the time I get to the next room I have to ask myself, “what am I here after?”
* My wild oats have turned into prunes and All Bran.
* I finally got my head together; now my body is falling apart.
* Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.
* It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
* As you grow older, spend more time trying to figure out what you are, than what you have.
* Old age is simply a case of mind over matter. If you do not mind, it really does not matter.
* To many of us go to our graves with our music still inside of us.
* Let us so live that when we die, even the undertaker will be sorry.
* I'm not 40-something. I'm $39.95, plus shipping and handling.
* A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but also more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
* The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
* You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
* I Don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
* If you don't learn to laugh at your troubles when you are young, you won't have anything to laugh at when you
donna (who's really only 1/2 way there.....!)