Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Yeoman

Default It's Friday!!

Oh, I can't believe it's actually here. Vacation starts at 1:10 this afternoon. Then after 2 soccer games tomorrow, we head to the big D or the land of Mouse. Thank you Angela and Michelle and Jodie for your Orlando input for our transferee. She will be working at the Florida Mall. Oh, so, what do the rest of you have planned for this weekend? Actually have our house being pressurewashed and painted this weekend too! Leaving DH to deal with that too. Have a good one
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: It's Friday!!

Good Morning Cruisemates!! Anne, have a great vacation, relax and enjoy. Mother Nature is being kind again today. It will be sunny and 55 here in NH's Lakes Region. Yesterday we went over to a property that my gentleman friend manages and raked leaves. We took a lunch and enjoyed a fall picnic. Still looking for a job and working on getting a home business up and running. Have a great day all.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 19th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: It's Friday!!

Good morning from swfl....have to make a run to Sams today and buy all the food and supplies for tomorrows cook out for the homeless at our church. Actually tomorrow we will be having families there who are also picking up a food basket with a turkey in it etc. I am sure it will be a busy place! They are expecting 200 people..a lot of people for our little place.

Yesterday was a very bad day for me. I am afraid I am loosing my mind and that is no joke. It seems I can't take care of much because I am getting so stressed out. I have 2 choices 1> prayer 2> Increase meds I take choice no 1> for now and pray for the best.

I am trying to see the new movie tonight "National Treasure" if my dh comes home on time <meaning before 8pm>

We have narrowed our trip to Germany down..and looking at end of May now. Kids will be out of school and we can take 2 weeks off. I just have to see if we can rent our little house in the mountains again and have to see if my MIL has time so she can come with us.

Have a wonderful friday

Old November 19th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I got out of jury duty, so I had to report to work. But I have next week off as vacation, so don't feel too sorry for me. Monday is opening day of deer season, so I'll be getting up early, walking out in the freezing weather....remind me again why I like this sport. Oh yeah, revenge for eating up my flower garden. <G> Actually, I love the taste of venison, and it's a good low fat meat.

We've got another Bills home game this weekend, only two more after Sunday. How time flies when you're having fun.

Hope everyone has a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old November 19th, 2004, 06:09 AM
First Mate

A Great Friday to Everyone
Its off to Nashville when I get off work @ 3. Thats a long drive; at least its interstate all the way. Went by our devlopment last evening; the road across the pond is started. Things are starting to move.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old November 19th, 2004, 06:10 AM
First Mate

P.S. I clicked before I could say Ya'll have a great weekend.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old November 19th, 2004, 06:24 AM
evie

Hi Anne

Enjoy your trip to "D" . My dh, Joe and I will be leaving in two weeks for our cruise on the Triumph. By the way, we really enjoyed ourselves with you and your family last December on the Grand. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Old November 19th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I'm going to try and go to work today, if you all hear screaming, that would be me..have a good day...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 19th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning.
It's 7:58AM here in Avon Park,FL. Guess what! The pressure wash guys are here washing the house. We didn't expect them today, but-hey, the house will look like new. Somehow, people haven't realized that the cell phone number we give them IS our phone number! The computer is broadband, now, so no need for a land phone.

It's 59 degrees, up 2 degrees since I sat down.The sun is shining. It's going to be a nice weekend. All is well.

Take care. I have to get ready for work and get my car out of the driveway in the next 15 minutes or so, so the garage can be washed.

Bye for now. Lynne-----One of my co-workers is leaving for her Hawaiian Cruise tomorrow. Another one is leaving today on her cruise to somewhere. Can you feel my pain?

Old November 19th, 2004, 07:19 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Yesterday I had to get at work at 7:30 so I didn't have a chance to even get on line.
The flu shot clinic at the church made for quite a day. When I got there there was already quite a line. Some of the elderly folk had arrived at 6:30 a.m. They health dept.s in charge did a great job. Over 600 people showed up. It caused major traffic havoc. I tried to get work done in the office, but most of the day was spent helping people with the phone, running messages to the people in charge, tidying up the bathrooms, just visiting with some of them, they all had such a long wait.
It was a very long, tiring day, but I'm thankful that I could play just a small part of helping out.

Shortly after I got home one of my daughter's friends (who now belongs to the whole family) stopped by to say he was being shipped out tomorrow, one of the over 600 national guard members from VT leaving today. First to Miss for a bit of training, then on to Saudi Arabia. I was so thankful that he took time in busy good bye schedule to come over and let us know personnaly. I will be keeping his safe return in my prayers, as well as my husband's 19 year old cousin in Afghanistan, and my neice's boyfriend in Iraq. They are going to televise the troops send off in about a half an hour on the tv, so I told him I'd be watching for him.

I will work from home today, tho' must buzz up to church to finish up a couple little projects. Busy weekend ahead - Women's Ministry Tea at Church tomorrow, and Sunday is the Variety Show at the high School. In Wed's newspaper they had a picture of some of the participant, mostly the dance girls in their leotards, with my son in the middle with his guitar, he had quite a smile on his face. He didn't seem to mind. He has had a good week, he also received a Science Department Award, and an award for High Grades/Athelitics, I've forgotten the name of it.

I am praying for the many needs that have been expressed on the board over the last couple of day.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old November 19th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Yeoman

Happy Friday all & have a great weekend. This Sunday I will be watching the Toronto Santa Claus Parade on TV (probably by myself). This parade is about 100 years old. My parents used to take us when we were little, and the tradition continued with our children by going to Grandma & Grandpa's house to watch it on TV and have Sunday dinner. The Grey cup is also this Sunday (which is our CFL's Superbowl). So my husand will be at a grey cup party & I'll watch the parade alone. Someone has to keep the tradition going right?
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old November 19th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Morning all from a "balmy" Montreal of 9C or upper 40'sF. The sun is shining for a change, a nice break after yesterday's gray, damp, rainy, foggy weather.
There is a possibility that my mom will be allowed to go home later today. We are waiting on blood test results to see if she needs another transfusion before she goes, but other wise, she is doing well enough to be home again. Thank you all for your prayers!
Nancy, Montreal's Santa Claus Parade was last weekend and it was freezing! I used to go as a child too, it was my once-a-year visit to downtown!

Jen, I'm amazed the havoc the flu shot is causing. James and I took Tyler for a medication follow-up visit on Wed. a.m. and the Dr., who is also James' Dr. asked him if he wanted a flu shot while he was there! No appointment, no waiting, all done!

Sue, prayers are great, but maybe you should check into those meds as well. Hang in there girl, we're pulling for you!

Well, better get going; Emma is waiting for her walk, then I have to get to the hospital.
Have a good Friday everyone!

donna

Old November 19th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning:
I just plotted it out on Microsoft Streets and if can pack in two hours and drive straight through we can make it aboard the Victory and cruise with the Turkey cruisers. I guess I need more coffee, I'm still dreaming. <VBG>

It is a dreary and rainy day here in the North Star state. The S word is in the forecast for the weekend but it is only for S flurries. You know what that means: BLIZZARD.

The main activity for today is watching my nephew play in the high school football tournament. My brother will be here this afternoon to pick me up. My nephew called on Wednesday to ask me to come and watch him play at the Metrodome.

Anne: Enjoy your vacation.

Trip: I hope that work goes well but DON"T OVERDO IT.

Leslie: Have fun in Nashville

Jen: Thanks for helping people with the flu shots. You should take pride knowing that you made a difference.

RD: I personally feel that the flu shot thing in the US is overblown. There is vaccine for those that NEED it. There are people like my hypochondriac SIL who drove 90 miles to get a flu shot. She is perfectly healthy 44 year old who basically took it from someone who really needed it. Oh yeah: As why there isn't enough in the U.S. Two reasons. The U.S, population is 10 times more than Canada and the FDA is a bureaucratic nightmare.

Sue: Maybe you should try doing a combination of Number 1 and 2.

To everyone: Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!!!
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 19th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Heading in shortly for my last day of work before the cruise. Pick up a couple of odds and ends on the way home, and head to the airport hotel for a tossing and turning night before climbing onboard a piece of metal which is supposed to carry me across the country (talk about having faith<G>)

Light snow falling in Calgary today, so the drive in will be the pits. Other than that don't care how the weather in Calgary is today.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 19th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: It's Friday!!

Good morning, CM's, from Southern California where the temp will be almost 80 today.

A busy Friday for me with errands and doctor's appt.

Mike, we waited in line four hours to get our flu shots, and yes, Keith and I DO need them.

Have a good Friday, and Bon Voyage to all those cruising today.

Judy
Old November 19th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin.....it is a rainy and chilly day here...rain may last through tomorrow. No "s" word in our forecast.

Dad is feeling much better today.....that's a load off my mind!

Have a great day everyone.

Old November 19th, 2004, 12:59 PM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........hope everyone has a great weekend.....

Sharon
Old November 19th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Judy:
I have no doubt that you and Keith do need them. What frosts me is when someone who is not in a risk group finds a way to circumvent the system to get a flu shot when there are people in high risk groups that do need them.

A healthy mid forties person who gets the flu may miss a few days of work and feel like crap for a week but otherwise they will live to tell the tale. If an elderly person or someone who has a compromised immune system catches the flu it can be fatal. It can also be needed for people who come in contact with these people.

I just can't stand people who put their "comfort" in front of other peoples safety. You should have heard the tongue lashing given to my SIL. :-) BTW: It was given to her by my brother. She got the shot without his knowledge.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 19th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Admiral

Mike, I agree with you. I am considered "high risk" because of my job working with (often sick) children in daycare. James is over 60, and both of us need to be "flu-free" to be able to help my mom. Strangely enough, she is the one MOST at risk, with her compromised immune system, and she won't get a flu shot, mostly because my sister got one a few years ago that she insists made her sick with the flu! You just can't win!

donna

Old November 20th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

RD - what usually happens is that someone who gets the flu shot (for the respiratory flu) gets some mild stomach type flu with a little nausea and low grade fever usually after taking the flu shot - and the timing is entirely coincidental - and they blame the flu shot for it.

I am passing on my flu shot this year.....yes I am a direct caregiver for the highest risk class of people - which makes me high risk, but I feel I can take the risk this year. That will mean one more shot available to someone who has a higher risk than I do. Have to check with my 75 year old Dad to make sure he got his shot!