Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2004, 07:47 AM
salem5050

Default Am I the only one bored with Survivor this season?

I have been a Survivor Junkie..love it love it!
But for some reason this season it bores me...I think the time is over for the show, how do you all feel?

Hmmm maybe they should do a Survivor Cruise ship...put them on one and see if they can go with out food, entertainment, and fun.

Mary Margaret
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Re: Am I the only one bored with Survivor this season?

This season, I couldn't tell you a name other then Scout Twyla or Sarge...they are boring boring and boring...I think the show still has lots of life yet....but they need another Boston Rob, [who by the way, is from the next town over from me, and I haven't bumped into him yet], or a Rupert..this bunch is a big snore.....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 19th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Admiral

I became bored with Survivor midway during the first season. It was fun to watch at first, but I quickly saw too much of what I would call the phoniness of the participants and their orchestrated actions. After that, I just couldn't enjoy this "reality" show any more. I know it's a highly rated program, and I still tune in occasionally, but the magic is long gone.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old November 19th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Admiral

I think I saw one episode midway through the first season after hearing all the hype about it from the media. I couldn't even make it to the end of the show. It serves no purpose for me.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Passenger

I've been a faithful Survivor watcher this whole time, but I agree with you Salem5050 and trip. For some reason I just can't get into it this time. Maybe it has run it's course.
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Admiral

i do watch it but it has lost a lot of its "punch" The game has lost its element of surprise, this bunch of women have become trite, whinny and predicatable b"s.
I hope that Jeff and the producers have something "up their sleeves" to shake things up and shock the overconfident one(seesh who would that be , huummm can you say Amy?)
I don't know about you but i just want to slap Eliza.
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Don't like any of the 'reality' shows. Saw the first Survivor and got bored week after week. Give us a good History channel story or Discovery, Travel. soemthing interesting and whcih also can be educational. Never too old to learn something new.

Old November 19th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I don't mind Survivor but I don't have a great interest in it. I did enjoy the episodes with Rupert. I know that the producers choreograph events and depict people the way they want so it isn't actual reality.

I can't read as much as I used to so I find myself watching more television. I watch television the same way as I read. I use a variety. I love to learn but I also like to be entertained. Last night I watched a great show on Amsterdam that went in depth about it's architecture, culture, people (interesting) canals and other things. Then I watched "The Apprentice". I consider that mind candy, with a dash of psychology, business admin, and sociology thrown in.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 19th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Admiral

I also have found this "Survivor" to be the most boring ever. I watch it just for the challenges and could care less who wins.
Cindy

Old November 19th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Admiral

I have never watched any of the so called reality shows, since all of the participants are rerally "acting" to the camera for monetary gain or fame.
Old November 19th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Am I the only one bored with Survivor this season?

Mike I love Amsterdam! I have been there many times and I wish we could go back sometime for a visit. The houses are awesome, the people are nice and they actually have a cultur there! My favorite spot was to go to 2 museeums...Van Googh and the big Reichsmuseeum to look at Rembrands famous painting :The nightwatch:

I agree with most of you this survivor is very boring and I could care less who wins. The kids watch it and it wa son again last night but it is very very boring and the "players" are well....nasty.

Old November 19th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one bored with Survivor this seaso

I agree with Trip. I love Survivor as well and I think the show still has a lot of life left in it, but they need to find a more interesting bunch of people like the group in Pearl Islands (the one with Rupert) or Amazon (which had Rob Cesternino) and especially more people like "Boston" Rob. This batch just doesn't cut it. Hopefully the next group will be more interesting.
Old November 19th, 2004, 07:07 PM
VTJen

I like Survivor, but I too am not thrilled with this batch of players. I especially don't like Eliza and Amy. Am hoping that the Amazing Race proves to be more exciting.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3.2004
Old November 19th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I never watch the "reality" shows. The only "reality" about it is the bottom line. How many people would do those things for free?

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 19th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

I also find the current Survivor episodes to be boring. I've enjoyed all the other Survivors because the participants were much more interesting. The current bunch were probably selected because they were photogenic - boring........The plotting and back biting don't seem to be there. Also, the survivors don't seem to be starving or suffering very much - I guess we just don't care what happens or who wins!
Old November 20th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Passenger

I have noticed that it seems like nobody this season is really complaining about not having anything to eat. I agree that I wish Eliza would take a long walk off a short pier. Also, the whole group just doesn't have any spark - I think the producers goofed on the casting of this one. It's time to really shake up the rules of the game & make it more exciting! I have been a big fan of the Amazing Race since the beginning - love that show! Especially getting to see all of those beautiful places....I don't know about you all, but I would strangle that entrepreneur guy (who was wearing yellow) - what a jerk

Carnival Paradise
Old November 20th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

No, I still enjoy watching it, feel a lot of them have made some wrong decisions, but will stay to the end and see how it all plays out. Usually by now, I have someone in mind that I think should or would win, this time I don't, gosh there is only 1 guy left, what are these woman thinking? Now, since Amazing Race has started, another good show that I look forward to seeing each week.

Do you guys also watch Amazing Race?

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 22nd, 2004, 10:44 AM
Admiral

My sister-in-law and I decided that after the exciting Pearl Islands and All-Stars season, it's no wonder that this one is a let down. Plus, with the girls' alliance beating down the men every week, there's no reason for it to be interesting. There's a definite pecking order and no one seems to be able to escape it.

I much prefer the Amazing Race. Better show all around, I think.

Cheers,
Michelle P.