Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default It's Saturday, morning all

Hello Mates,
It is Saturday, rise and shine.
For us it will be the normal, ... shopping, cleaning up, straighten out the ponds we have from the last winds, they are a mess.
Oh yea, how can I forget .. laundry time.

But then there will be the future cruises dancing in my head. The life of great expectations.

Only have to work three days next week with the holiday .. YEA.
4 Days in a row off and did not have to take vacation time. ... Whoopie.

Have a fantastic weekend one and all.

Round trip San Francisco Mex Riv, Mercury May 4, 2005

Transatlantic from Rome on Galaxy Oct 17, 2005

Round trip Los Angeles to Hawaii, Summit March 26, 2006

Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Admiral

Default Re: It's Saturday, morning all

Good morning from Long Island. It's still dark out and I am ready to roll. We're off to the airport in about 10 minutes. We will drink a toast to all the Cruisemates we left behind and miss you all.

Have a good week everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old November 20th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Wes&Bet

6:15AM In the beautiful Berkshires of Massachusetts. Just checking in to see what's going on in other parts of the world. We're retired so it's all week ends for us!
Old November 20th, 2004, 05:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Looks like another unseasonable warm day here in NH's Lakes Region. I will take it gladly because I dread what is to come. Just the usual weekend "stuff" happening here. No special plans. Have a good day all.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 20th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: It's Saturday, morning all

Good morning from chilly swfl...temps are 60 right now and we are expecting a high of 84. Last nights attempt to see the movie "National Treasure" was a wash out. Both shows sold out and we did not want to wait until 10pm to see it. We took a light dinner at Chillies and afterward I picked up the remaining items for todays big cook out for the homeless and poor. My dh and youngest daughter are helping out and someone from our church has volunteered to do the grill. Maybe we will get to see the movie today but I doubt we will feel up to it.

Next week will be a short week and next month we are going away to Marco Island for a long weekend..without the kids which I am very much looking forward to it. I think I will make use of the Spa and get a massage there also..it's a resort.

Have a good Saturday

Old November 20th, 2004, 06:29 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Sue, sounds like a busy day. Isn't it nice to have something special to look forward too?!

Well I lacked the good sense to wish for some thing to lessen the dullness of routine that had settled in here. Daughter called from college yesterday to say she thought she would be calling off the engagement. Boyfriend finally began to show his true colors.
Decided she shouldn't spend any time with any of her friends, she should not join the music sorierty that she has been working so hard to get a chapter to open at her college. Also told here she should give up the special choral group she is in, because they go away for a couple of weekends a semester to minister in different churches. Also decided she should not wear two piece bathing suits, and should get rid of any pictures that she has of old boyfriends, who are now just friends. He told her this on Thursday evening, and of course she had a few words to say about all these opinions.
She called him yesterday to say that she thought they needed the weekend to think about things and that she was going home with her roommate to Alabama for the weekend. Well he didn't like that and they started to argue over the phone. He's mother came on the phone (he is 23, a little old for mama to interfer, I think), and told my daughter that she should be willing to give up everything for her son, and she should want to spend every minute of her free time with him. That once they were married she should be willing to devote her whole life to making him happy. She also told my daughter that while she liked her ok as a person, she didn't like her for her son.

I so badly wanted to say I told you that this was moving way to fast, but daughter was much too distraught to hear those trite, useless words. Of course she had made her self physically ill from all the crying. Fortunately our Assistant Pastor is taking some seminary classes at the same college, so I told her that she should really get in contact with her. I also told her that she should plan on going to her uncle's house in Alabama over Thanksgiving break. I also am concerned as this boyfriend was supposed to fly home with my daughter over the Christmas break and spend an entire month with us. (which I really wasn't looking forward too).

My husband will be calling her today to talk to her. Yikes, not the kind of excitment I was looking for, though I will be kind of relieved if it does end.

Hoping that my daughter will get some sense when it comes to picking boyfriends, she always picks ones that have some serious character flaws. You'd think she'd learn after awhile.

Well, I have household chores, need to make the pilgrim hat cookies, then attend the Tea at church.

Hope everyone has a nice, relaxing weekend.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old November 20th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Angela Z,

Good morning from Orlando,
VT Jen, here's hoping your daughter runs like the wind away from this loser.
Sue, my son saw National Treasure last night and enjoyed it but found it confusing in spots.
Today begins my 10 day weekend....yahoo....and it's only "costing" me a vacation day and my personal holiday. First time in forever I've had this much time off with nowhere to go......except the grocery store!
Angela Z.
Old November 20th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning CMs, Jen, we have to kiss a lot of frogs before we finally get the prince! Everyone on the Cruisemates Thanksgiving cruise enjoy and safe travels. Today i pack for us, leaving 8 am Monday for our cruise! Woo-Hoo, finially its here! Happy thanksgiving to everyone and families. See ya all in December.

Jeanne

Old November 20th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Morning all from a very bright and sunny Montreal, but only a high of 5C (40F).
I'd like to wish Bon Voyage to all the CruiseMates leaving for the Thanksgiving Cruise, and I wish I were joining you!

VTJen, sorry to hear about your daughter';s situation, but boy, are those ever BIG red flags! Tell her RUN, not walk in the other direction!!

Sue, instead of an intense adrenalin-pumping movie, you should go see a light comedy like Bridget Jones, or even one of the new animated comedies like Shark Tale or The Incredibles. If you've been feeling down, there's nothing like a good laugh to help!

Wes and Bet, haven't seen you here before - welcome to our family!!

As for me, mom wasn't allowed home yesterday as planned; now they've found water IN her lung and are keeping her longer. She was doing so much better, now she's short of breath and tired again. I don't know what's going on, but I will be headed over to the hospital soon to spend the day with her again.
Will keep you posted. And by the way, she says to thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes. She can't believe that total strangers care so much!

donna

Old November 20th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Jen, sounds like your daughter is going to miss out on a really good guy. I think she should devote her entire life to making her husband happy. OUCH............!!!! Mrs. Thomas please stop yanking my ear ?!! ! ! ! ! j............... ! ! !! <just kidding>

Took the day off yesterday from my day job to meet with a roofer who is quoting the replacement of my roof from the hurricane damage. Also laid down some new sod where the grass had died from the piles of debris that sat for weeks until the crews could come pick it up. Now I realize I probably laid down the sod over some sprinkler heads so I have to go and locate those and replace the sod.

But it's suppose to be warm and sunny, high in the mid 70's.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 20th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Mornibg All !!!

Another rough day yesterday, had to take DD to the Dr. As far as the weekend, I need to get some housework done. A friend of mine is coming down from Cruznut2's area to Mass for the day, so I am going to try to meet up with her for some much needed girl talk, and to see the pictures of her first prenatal ultrasound. It is only suposed to get up to the mid 40's today, but I may get brave and take my motorcycle out for a spin even if it is only to go to the gas station and fill the tank before winter. (Better bundle up!!!) Then tonight is card/game night at SIL house. I really can't believe that it is almost Thanksgiving!! Then X-mas !!! The only good thing is that the faster the days and weeks go by, the closer I get to my cruise!!

Have a good day all !!!

Carnival Inspiration Feb 19, 2005
Old November 20th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Yeoman

Happy Saturday from a dreary, wet Newcastle, Ontario. We will be working on getting the house ready for our daughter to move in next weekend. We have 3 empty bedrooms now, so she is moving back home and we are turning one room into a living room, and one an office/sitting room. She has enormous student loans to pay off & decided it's a waste of money to pay for an apartment she is never in due to her long work hours. I'm really happy to have her coming back, although now that we haven't lived together so long it will be an adjustment for everyone. Tomorrow is the Grey Cup party for hubby and the Santa Claus parade for me.
Have a great Turkey day cruise you lucky mates.
Donna: how disappointing for your Mom. I hope she is better and home soon.
VTJen: I know your daughter must be hurting now but she is so much better off. I just hope for her sake that guy stays out of her life. He sounds like a nut! And so is his Mother.
Have a great weekend all!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old November 20th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Morning gang from overcast but WARM Va. It's 65 here this a.m. heading for the 70's today. Overcast or not I'll take it !!!!
Hope ya'll have a great Sat.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old November 20th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning from SE Wisconsin where it is cloudy, drizzly and damp. Hopefully this weather gets knocked out of here later today. For me, it's work again today and tomorrow with Monday being my only day off til the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Sigh.........

Old November 20th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: It's Saturday, morning all

Good morning from overcast and chilly Southern California.

Jen, I hope your daughter shows good sense and gets rid of that boyfriend and his mother.

Congratulations to everyone cruising today.

For Keith, it's off to Riverside and the antique plane buddies along with his son.
For me, it's off to get some things for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Have a good Saturday, CM's.

Judy
Old November 20th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone and Bon Voyage to the lucky cruisers. My SIL and her 2 daughters are heading off on the Millenium tomorrow for a cruise too. My brother had to take his bosses boat over to the Bahamas so the girls decided to spend their Thanksgiving on a cruise ship. Nice plans if you ask me.

Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I know it's best to stay where she is if there are problems, but it has to be so hard on all of you to experience this set back. My prayers are going out to you.

VT, I agree with all of the others. It's hard on your daughter right now, but she should run in the opposite direction of this guy. She sounds pretty wise to pick up on the signals and to decide to break it off. I pray she continues to follow her head and not her heart in this situation.

Jeanne, Bon Voyage to you too. Come back and tell us all about that beautiful ship and your cruise. One of these days I'm going to get on the Brilliance or one of her sister ships.

Have a good weekend all and stay safe.
Phyll

Old November 20th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning or perhaps it will be afternoon by the time I hit the Post button. It was a busy evening yesterday. I went and watched my nephew's team win in the state semi-finals in football. It was a great game and I don't think I had ever seen my nephew so tired or so happy. Next Friday they play for the State Championship and I will be there.

Betty is working today and won't be home until 6:00. I think I'll make some lasagna for supper. I also should clean the house. How can a house that was perfectly clean on Tuesday be messy on Saturday? Some mysteries can't be solved.

Jen: I have one word of advice to your daughter: RUN! I can just envision that marriage five years down the road.

Donna: I do hope your mom can improve and get home.

Wes&Bet: Welcome and good morning.

Phyll: Does your brother need a helper?

To everyone: Have a great Saturday and wonderful weekend.

Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 20th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Good morning(oops-afternoon now!) everyone from a cool(frost on the roofs this morn) Vancouver. I have not been here much as I have been super-busy.
VTJen-that fellow sounds like a scary fellow. I am glad she sensed it and is giving him 'the boot' from her life. I hope she breaks it off clean & completely NOW.
Turkey Cruisers-have a great time.Try and behave yourselves!!
Everyone-I hope your weekend goes well.
We went to my husband's work Kids Xmas party this morn;his woodcarving show this afternoon and tonight is his work's Adult Xmas party. Tomorrow the girls are gone to the Nutcracker practice all day and hopefully I can get some house chores done so I can start decorating for Xmas.
Take care. Bye for now. Brenda

Old November 20th, 2004, 09:23 PM
joto

VT Jen - Your daughter seems to have had a narrow escape from the NUT family. She will find a guy that treats her right. It might just take a little time. No cruise on the horizon for us just now, but everyone else that is going on one, have a great time and a happy thanksgiving to you all.