Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2004, 01:20 PM
First Mate

Default Princess - A different answer this time

Hi:
I called Princess today, asking about the itinerary change for our Caribbean Princess cruise on December 4th and this time, at first she said, no change in itinerary ......we still show you will be going to Princess Cays, not San Juan. When I mentioned I heard that recent passengers on this cruise, did go to San Juan and not Princess Cays, she then said "truthfully, I think you will be going to San Juan and not Princess Cays", "but we're not suppose to tell anyone this".....I was surprised to say the least. Do they "Princess" think that people will cancel because of this itinerary change? It's just got me confused as to why they wouldn't be telling everyone the truth, if they know it will be changed......Should I be expecting any sort of discount or port fees refunded? Does anyone know anything about this type of thing? I've been on a lot of cruises, but I don't know how it works when your itinerary is changed. The only experience I've had is, many years ago, we were on a Carnival cruise for Thanksgiving week and all of a sudden the ship turned completely around because of a hurricane and we were given free drinks for an hour, and that's all they did for us .....and we did miss a port of call we were suppose to go to. Any thoughts on this will be appreciated......Also, what in the world can you do in San Juan from 4 pm to 11 pm? We've been there before, and it's not really enough time to do anything.....
Happy cruising.......Anita
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Princess - A different answer this time

They can only tell you what they have been told by their superiors and what is the official company line, even though they suspect that there will be a change.

Old November 20th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Don't sweat the small stuff. We also will be missing Princess Cays, on our cruise which leaves in 3 days. Guess they couldn't get it completed yet from the hurricane devistatiion. Just make the best of it. I think they are sending us to Nassau, from 7am-11 am. Oh well. I can sleep in that morning . Bon voyage! At least you'll be on a cruise!!

Jeanne

Old November 20th, 2004, 04:51 PM
SarahJ

The only credit you should expect would possibly be port charge differences - at most a few dollars. Most likely, nothing. It isn't Princess cruise lines fault that their island was destroyed by a hurricane.