Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Default What do you do to get ready in the last 2 weeks before your

What do you do to get ready in the last 2 weeks before your cruise? Do you clean, pack what little things do you do it make it easy to leave?
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: What do you do to get ready in the last 2 weeks before y

Because we cruised in the Fall, it was easy to pack our clothes for warm weather. So I did that ahead of time. I also made sure I had charged the batteries. Mainly, I made a list for him and her and didn't actually do the packing until a few days before. I followed the online packing instructions I found at :

http://www.packinglight.com/plight/text_1.asp?tx_id=78&

Everything survived just fine. I took a spray bottle for water and sprayed things that were slightly wrinkeled, hung them up and the next day they were perfect.

Old November 20th, 2004, 06:18 PM
First Mate

Hi:
I'm going on a cruise in two weeks and I'm just crossing off the days at my calendar at work. I changed jobs after being at my last job for 15 years and I'm finding my new job very demanding, so I'm really looking forward to my cruise in two weeks. I'm buying sun tan lotion and film and getting some prescriptions ahead of time, and of course, PACKING.
Happy Crusing......Anita
Old November 20th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: What do you do to get ready in the last 2 weeks befo

Wow, I'm impressed! you two start really early to get ready for a cruise. I generally start packing about three days before the trip. This time, since I've twice forgotten my meds on land trips, the first thing I'll do is get out the carry-on and put the pills in it.

Judy
Old November 21st, 2004, 05:47 AM
Admiral

I'm usually so stressed the two weeks before my cruise, that I almost make myself sick!
Maybe for this next cruise, I'll start much earlier and not experience so much stress.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old November 21st, 2004, 10:23 AM
AR

We lead our normal lives before each cruise. A day or two before we are to leave we get out the suitcases and pack. On the morning we are to leave we call a cab and go to the airport.

We do not worry or become ill before our cruises (isn't that a little counterproductive?). We pack light. We don't have lists--we've cruised enough to know what we need. We do not take any of the "necesseties" such as duct tape, irons, steamers, miscellaneous concoctions in spray cans, laptops, cell phones, walkie talkies, GPS receivers, towels and C-rations that are often advocated by Cruisemates posters. Somehow, we manage to muddle through every cruise without them.

We live by the KISS principle--"Keep It Simple, Stupid." Real life is complicated enough. For us, cruising is a way to be uncomplicated and relaxing.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 09:27 AM
Admiral

i get the carry-on out, pack all the daily essential toiletries and the OTC medication. Hang-up the garment bag to air it out, air out the suitcases. Check Prescription medications make sure i have enough for the week. Pack the meds in those pill dispensers. (Note: if you are taking any kind of narcotic type drug, pack it in its original container and bring a copy of the prescription with you)
Make sure all documents are in order.
Cancel newspaper & mail.
Get out the off-season clothes -shorts, t-shirts, bathing suits etc and pack those - get them out of the way and off your mind.
About a week before- iron dress shirt & hang them and the suit in the garment bag, hang dress clothes in the garment bag. Pack a little bit each day.