Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2004, 06:05 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning.

Good morning, friends. It has been a very long time since I was the first good morning poster. It is the start of a short week for many of us. I still cannot believe that Thanksgiving is this week with Christmas right around the corner. I did buy a couple of Christmas gifts yesterday...so I have a small start on the shopping. I hope you all have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2004, 06:37 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Good Monday Morning.

Good Foggy morning to all. It is 34 degrees in Southern NH. Going to get tom turkey with my Mom this morning.

Have a great day!

Carnival Miracle
Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates, A damp chilly 34 here in NH's Lakes Region. Have so much to do today. Shopping for Turkey Day!! Have a good one everyone.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:05 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All
Back from Nashville this weekend. Rained the whole trip. Hardest drive I've made. Took us 2 hrs just to get thru Atlanta fri nite due to so many wrecks. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
ya'll have a good day
Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:17 AM
VTJen

Good Morning Cruise Friends,

I thank you for all your support on my daughter's delimma. I hardly know how to begin, but the situation has gotten more bizarre. She called last night to say that she had given him back the ring. Of course he had tried to manipulate her with tears, and remarks like, "Know that I know that you really love me I can change." and, "You'll never find anyone who will love you as much as I love you." Which she was smart enough not to buy. Of course there was his airline ticket to deal with. He insisted to her that he had to pay his father back for the $434 for the ticket since he owed the money to his father, and it was her that no longer wanted him to come. She of course told him no. So he came back that her suit that she has to have for the singing group she is in at the University was still at his house and he would be holding it "hostage" until she gave him the money for the ticket. She absolutely has to have this suit. It was custom ordered for the Chorale group, and then had to be specially altered because of her short stature, and with the Holidays coming her group will be performing many times in the next few weeks. The suit costs almost as much as the ticket and there is no time allowance to get another. So she wanted me to take money out of her bank account and wire it to her. Her father absolutely blew a gasket and said in no way was she responsible to pay for his airplane ticket, and that no money would be sent. This kid also told her that if she didn't give him the money for the ticket than he would get on the plane and fly home and spend the month at our house anyway. Of course that freaked her out, and as for me, that isn't gonna happen, no way, no how. I told her to call the police. She didn't want to of course, she and a friend will go to the house and ask for it back. I would truly appreciate your prayers. If I had my way I'd just send the kid the money, even though I don't have that much extra money at the moment, just to make this whole mess go away. Sometimes it is hard to have them so far from home.

In the mean time while trying to deal with this whole mess, my son's girlfriend took ill while they were on a date on Saturday night. It ended up at the hospital. Of course they wouldn't believe her or my son that they had not been drinking or taking drugs, then when they finally convinced them of this, they assumed she was pregnant - NOT. Then she decided that she was just doing it for attention and that she was a hypochondriac. Finally they realized that she was truly ill. By now she is hysterical and delirous. She's been in the hosptial since Saturday night. They still are not sure what is wrong, it may have been food poisining (they had gone out to eat, prior to the semi-formal dance), or it could be her appendix. They just are not sure. Her father got stuck in California in that freak snow storm, her mother, who lives only 1/2 hour from the hospital never showed up there until 4:30 yesterday afternoon. She couldn't come sooner because she had had a hard week. Give me a break - who hasn't had a hard week, I had, the kid isn't even my daughter and I managed to make it to the hospital long before her own mother. My son stayed with her until she fell asleep on Sunday morning - about 3:30. Got a few hours sleep, back to the hospital, then had to be at the high school to prep for the Variety Show that he was in at 11:30. After he had done his run throughs he ran home for lunch, back to the hospital, back to the school - performed in his 4 acts - He really did a great job. Back to the hospital, then home for a quick bite, then back to the high school for the evening performance to do it all over again.

It looks like I'll be doing hospital duty today as the mother will not take the day off and the father's girlfriend has to drive to the airport to pick up the father.

This has just been a long, long weekend. I hope all these things get straightened out soon. My stress level is just way too high.

Donna - so, so glad your mom made it home. What a nice feeling.
Sue - thank you for taking time to minister to those in need.

Well, I must try and get something done before I leave for the hospital. This house is a disaster. All of us have just been running in and out all weekend and it looks like a tornado has been through. The day has just begun and I'm already exhausted.

Hope that you all experience some wonderful moment of joy today!!!

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Monday Morning.

Good morning from Florida....a long and productive weekend I had and now a short week. I guess I have to start shopping for Turkey dinner?! Yesterday was awesome in church.A guy in a wheelchair who had not walked in 51 years got out of it and walked around wow. I prayed for a woman who had a bunch of things including no tears problem. I prayed for her and the tears started flowing...God is so neat.

I was reading in yesterdays sunday paper that RCCL is adding a trampoline section to the Enchantment of the Seas and the showed an artists drawing. It looked real cool. Has anyone read something about it? What a great idea!

Have a good day mates....

Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Jen WOW! I was reading your post and here I am thinking your daughter should at least tell someone at her school about this guy. He sounds very very nutty! I would not pay his fare and I must agree with your dh. I hope all will work out and he will give her the suit. If I was her I would take along someone from college like a teacher or something.Better yet, call the police to at least report it. Don't let her go inside this freaks house!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the young girl in the hospital. And what is wrong with the mother? But as you have written they are divorced...bingo....I hope they will find out whats wrong with the girl and treat her for it.
Try to get some rest and prayers from your friends...keep us updated..<<HUG>>

Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Morning all from from a wet and cloudy and cold Montreal. I'm sick of this weather!

VTJen, I had a weekend much like yours. Although my mom is home from hospital, and I got a "day off" from hospital visits (my sister spent the day with her at home yesterday),
I still ended up back at the Emergency room again last night with my son! He's been having serious problems adjusting to the medications he's been on for the last month, having "episodes" ranging from mania to severe depression and aggression. Yesterday he put his fists through the wall and I took him in not only for X-rays, but to get those meds adjusted!! Of course there was no psychiatrist on duty late on a Sunday night, so we're going back early this morning. Also have to take my mom in at 11:30 this morning for her next chemo treatment. It never rains but it pours!

Wishing you all a better day !

donna

Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:42 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
It is 7:30ish, and it's a nice morning so far here in Avon Park,FL. However, the front from Texas will attack us on Wednesday night, into Thursday and we'll have a wet, cool (chilly?) Turkey Day-a good day for football! Highs will be be in the mid-70's.Another channel reported 69 for Thursday.
I haven't even thought about Christmas yet.It comes too soon every year. . I did buy my two sons a shot glass each on the Ship. What DO you buy a 33 & 35 kid (man) who are single? I've made CDs for them, too, in the past.Their father/step-mother give them the shirts/argyle socks. I buy little things here and there through the year for special people, but no major buying.That can wait until after Thanksgiving.Maybe we'll plant a tree in someone's honor. We need a new one in our backyard since the Hurricanes.
It will be nice to have a 4 day week-nicer if it were a Friday. Since all my vacation time has been alloted, I'd have to catch a cold or flu in a hurry to get a 4 day weekend. I had to take an extra vacation day when my ship came in late due to Hurricane Jeanne.

Not too much else is happening.The Christmas decorations start going up this week at work. It will take a couple of weeks to get everything up and done. My outgoing (retiring) boss will handle it with his merry band of "elves".

Yea, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won yesterday. Bye for now. Lynne

Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:55 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Again,
I see that Sue and rollerdonna posted while I was typing. I just want to add tht I'm happy that Donna's mom is out of the hospital,and that I'm sure that her son will be cared for properly.It usually happens, Donna, that we all get sick on a weekend when no techs or "regular" doctors are available.
VT Jen, I agree that this fellow is a menace. It sounds like he's been like this most of his life, with his mother giving in to him at every turn.He sounds like a boy I had in after school care who, at 8, was so controlling, that if his behavior wasn't managed soon, there would be NO control by the time he was in Junior High or High School.He should be about 16 now. I wonder what he's up to at this stage.I quit the program, partly as a way to bring his situation to the attention of the parents. He had two working parents and the Mother would always go to the schools and accuse the staff of the problem,not her son. I trust that your daughter will get her dress back (I also have a specially ordered gown for my Chorale group), but if it's too dangerous, I'm sure other arrangements can be made for her performances, through the Chorale. Good Luck.

Although I don't answer all the posts concerning troubles at home, I do read them, and am concerned for you all!!! Lynne

Old November 22nd, 2004, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. I heard the weather man say that we might get some peaks of the sun today here in WI. I'll take that.

Jen, you sure had a rough weekend. I hope your daughter can get her outfit back. I'd say a call to the police might be in order too. I'm so glad she is holding firm to her decision to break it off with this guy. I hope and pray that your son's girlfriend starts feeling better and gets out of the hospital soon.

Donna, I don't know how you are able to cope with all that is going on. Please try to take care of yourself while you deal with all of this. I'm praying for strength for you and wisdom & compassion for those doctors as they treat your son and your mom.

Thinking of those turkey cruisers this morning too. I sure bet they are having a grand time.

Have a good one all and stay safe.
Phyll

Old November 22nd, 2004, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where my heart and prayers go out to Jen and Donna.....holy cow!
I'm off this week and today will start the Thanksgiving shop.....I won't even pretend to get everything I need on the first shop....that would be too easy...although I will make a list which I don't usually do.
Angela Z.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..I'm Baaaaack...It is a rainy, balmy, foggy, 60 something degrees this morning in wc Ark..This is not Nov..it is more like May.. I am refreshed and ready for my cruise now..if We could just get those Docs this week so we can do da doc dance.>G<

Mary Lou...good morning and I have not heard from your brother. I hope he has made the move okay.
VTjen..all I can say is WOW!!! this guy is nuttier than a fruit cake. try to convince your daughter to call the police and get him taken care of as quickly as possible.
RollerD..It is not just pouring up our way..ITS FLOODING..I am praying that your family gets some resolve in the case of Tyler and I know you are glad your Mom is home.
Hang in there kiddo..it WILL get better.
Phyll..did that deer stand episode happen close to you..that was about ridiculous.
Theta,Cruz2,Carib,Sue,Lynne-Trevor,AngZ...hope you all have a great day and a wonderful upcoming ThanksGiving...>G<
I know those Turkey Cruisers are having a ball...

Now I am going to hit the post button and see who posted while I was a typing.

Old November 22nd, 2004, 09:22 AM
Yeoman

I read these posts a while ago & was so shocked at VTJen's story I couldn't even think!
Jen: Your daughter must stay away from this boy and at least report it to the police in case there are any further problems. It must be so frightening for you when she is so far away dealing with this. I hope they figure out what's wrong with your son's girlfriend and get her fixed up soon. It's so good of you to make sure she has someone looking out for her in the hospital. Her mother seems to be uncaring and selfish. I'm sure she was that way before she got divorced though. Take care.

RD: How terrible for your son and your family. Good for you for taking him to the hospital and taking care of him as you would a sick child. Many parents would just wash their hands of an adolescent with those kind of problems. I hope your Mom does well with the chemo.

Everyone else have a great short week. Take care,
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old November 22nd, 2004, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning all, and happy Thanksgiving week. I'm glad to have a short week ahead. Going to my parents' for Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old November 22nd, 2004, 10:52 AM
Admiral

I wish i could say Good Morning but the situation with my dear father-in-law has gone from bad to worse. We are basically on "Death Watch" its just a matter of time. He is unresponsive, hasn't eaten anything or drank anything since Saturday. We have said our good-byes and have told him to go "home" but he keeps on hanging on. We think he is waiting for all of his "boys" to get in to town. Hopefully they will all make it in by Tuesday. We are not trying to be morbid or anti Christian or anything like that its just that we want his suffering to end. We are all so stressed-out and wired. I am still planning on doing Thanksgiving dinner, it will be a good diversion for all. We are taking it one day at a time. Thank you for your prayers and support for my family.
We are trying to go thru the daily motions of living, which helps, going to work, doing the laundry, cooking stuff like that. My stomach is in knots and i feel like throwing-up sometimes.(sorry).
Old November 22nd, 2004, 11:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning All !

The sun is biginning to poke through the clouds here in S NH. I had an uneventful weekend, which is a good thing. We did manage to book our ski trip for this coming weekend. Something to look forward to... I can't wait!

I don't have to do any shopping or cooking for Thanksgiving, unless I decide to make some pies to bring with us to my parents. Funny thing is, we usually have more pies than people. There are 5 of us and everyone seems to want a different kind (or two).

I can't believe it is already this close to Thanksgiving, not to mention barely a over a month until X-mas. We have so many family issues going on at the moment, I am really hoping for a relaxing holiday. Although, I read these posts every morning and my problems seem trivial in comparison to some of you.

Tonight is a busy one, as all Mondays are. Leave work, drive 30 minutes to my parents for dinner, then off to dance class, and a 30 minute ride home.

Have a good day all, and I hope everyone's problems work themselves out.

Carnival Inspiration Feb 19, 2005
Old November 22nd, 2004, 11:36 AM
Cruizin K and J

Good morning from Southern California where rain and high winds made a mess of everything. Temps in the 40's and freezing in the high desert. All the gardeners will be busy cleaning up!

Boy, Jen, I surely hope you call the police to get your daughter's suit back. That action might cool that guy off a bit.

Donna, prayers to you and your mother. My brother had yet another quarrel with my mother who is in a care facility. She was determined to call the police to take her back to the small town where she lived.

Well, Thanksgiving preps begin in earnest today with more house cleaning.

Hope the cruisers are having a good time, and all CM's not cruising, have a good Monday.

Judy
Old November 22nd, 2004, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning eveyrone from SE Wisconsin......39 right now and partly cloudy.....they have that "s" word in the forecast for Wednesday......arrggghh!!!!!

Lisa K - thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jen - I agree with the others, your daughter should call the police and at least report what is going on. They should also accompany her to pick up the chorale outfit.

RD - hope things calm down for you soon - all of you need a break.

Have a great day everyone!

Old November 22nd, 2004, 12:56 PM
DENISE H

good moring marylou its clouldey and cool here in mpls i hope you have a good day
Old November 22nd, 2004, 03:03 PM
Passenger

Good Monday to all of you. I'm late posting again today, and I can't believe all the drama on this day's post. The concerns of my day are petty and pale in comparison, so I'll put them aside and I will keep a prayer and a good thought for all of you. Life is a journey and the bumps in the road make us stronger.

Tammie

New Year's 2007 MSC Lirica
New Year's 2006 MSC Lirica
New Year's 2005 Carnival Spirit
Old November 22nd, 2004, 04:27 PM
Terri Ann

Cruise Mates:

Hello on this Monday. I wish all the best holiday week they can have, and to all that are going through many crises this week, be it medical or personal, I am thinking of you and will say a prayer for you to have some peace or resolution. To those cruising this week, I say have a good time and be safe.

Terri Ann