Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2004, 11:50 PM
Lakelandguy

Default Q: About port lectures on ships?

Hi Everyone!

I also posted this under shopping, but this seems a more active area.

I have been hired as a Port Lecturer. While I have been on a couple of cruises myself, I have never attended an actual port shopping lecture.

I want my quests onboard to enjoy thier cruise experience, therefore, if you have been to a few port lectures and have any suggestions, I would certainly appreciate it!

I.E. What do you enjoy about going to a port lecture? What do you not like? Do you recall any actual Port Lecturers that were better than others? If so, what did they do differently?

Thanks for your help.

Lakelandguy
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Q: About port lectures on ships?

A port lecture that actually discusses some of the culture and interesting sights and history of the port. I know that shopping does play a major part of the lecture but it has to be more than just telling people where they can get the cruise line discount and making sure everyone wears their "sticker" when they are in port.

A one hour commercial is not something I would attend. I did it once......................once.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 24th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Lakelandguy

Default Re: Re: Q: About port lectures on ships?

Thanks Mike. That is good advice! I will make sure to make it fun and informable...

Lakelandguy
Old November 24th, 2004, 12:27 PM
ccseadoo

Default Re: Q: About port lectures on ships?

ill second mikes post. tell me about the port of call, and give instruction on what areas are not safe. all they ever want to talk about is shopping,and actually it the same stuff different place, of witch, I personally could care less.