Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Good Morning Wednesday

Good Morning Wednesday!! A chilly 34 here in NH's Lakes Region. Looks like a cloudy /rainy day coming up. I have some errands to run this morning. Preparing veggies this afternoon. Those of you traveling today and tomorrow please be safe and enjoy your holiday.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Good Morning Wednesday

Good Morning Cruznut2 and all the others,
Woke up to a blast of cold air. DH had turned the air on before bed. Yes, it's still warm here in Fl. Checked and it wa 72 at 3:35 this am. Still hard to get used to putting Christmas lights up in shorts. Am up to make sweet potato cassarole for tomorrow. Have to make a mince pie too. Will probably have the 10 year old make a pumpkin. That is his favorite. Bottom half of the house is painted. loks wonderful. Color is called horizon but looks more like a Bahama Blue. Looks good with our white trim. Supposed to be done on Fri so I can work at turning this place into the Griswald house. To all of you traveling today.. stay safe and have a great day tomorrow.
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old November 24th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruzut2, Anne and all the CM's to follow. Happy Thanksgiving Eve. We are to have temps in the 60's today and then falling temps and snow flurries for tomorrow.
I hope you all have the opportunity to spend time with your loved ones over this holiday. And remember how special this time really is. Have a great one.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old November 24th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
The sun is trying to peak out here in Avon Park FL. at 7:31.The computer shows 66 degrees. Later today, our front will be moving in, so the temps will fall. So far, the high for today will be about 83-inland-but Friday's will be 70, after all the rain and wind on Turkey Day.
Last night I took out the turkey that I'd gotten at work last week. I asked Trevor what we we were eating on Thanksgiving-he's the cook- when is it??? This Thursday! We don't have to have turkey, I told him. He has nothing else really to fix, so it will be thawing big time until then. It's as hard as a rock!
Trevor passed his seminar assessments yesterday at the Bank, so was told to report to the downtown branch on Tuesday. There is an opening at another location, so this might be his "indoctrination day". He's very apprehensive about it, but,it's a positive step for him. He's tired of being a house husband, it will get him out, and we'll have more money to contribute to paying of MC, then go on our cruise for the year!!! 2005!
I called my mother last night. Her hip area has been extremely painful lately, probably from the fall she had before our visit a couple of weeks ago. A portable x-ray machine was taken to the house. She'll find out today if she has a broken, or just bruised hip. With all her other inmobilities, a broken hip would not be good news! She sounded strong on the phone, still has her wits about her, and we had a nice conversation.

Take care, Everybody! Lynne

Old November 24th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Yeoman

Happy Hump Day everyone. I hope all the family/medical issues are easing up for the holiday. Keeping good thoughts for you,
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old November 24th, 2004, 07:55 AM
VTJen

Good Morning from a grey drizzly northern Vermont,

It it were colder we would be having snow. It is supposed to get windy later today. My husband is on call again this week. Maybe he can get some overtime to help pay for all the Christmas presents I have purchased.

I think that the drama around here has just about settled. Amie is home from the hospital hoping to have a speedy recovery so she can go on the ski trip next week. She is very happy that they found something wrong with her at the hospital because the admitting doctor and all the nurses assumed she was acting out her illness for attention. Thank God that the surgeon ordered the white blood cell count on Sunday night and paid attention to her. I have never seen such gross mistreatment of a patient in all my life. She got the absolute worst nursing care I have ever, ever seen. I was there when she pleaded with a nurse to please check the IV in her hand as it was so sore she could barely stand it. Once she got to pre-op the nurse on call has a son Amies age, who is good friends with her. It was good to see a friendly face. This nurse changed the IV right away and said it should have been changed upstairs a long time ago. Oh, well it's over and I believe her father will be writing a letter to the hospital.

As for the daughter...the ex gave back her suit to her Chorale Director. He also sent along the Christmas gift his mother made her - a Care Bear Quilt, along with a card from the Mother telling her what a generous heart my daughter had, and how wonderful she was and how sorry she was that she would not have her for a daughter-in-law. This lady just sounds more physco all the time, as those were not the sentiments she had expressed on the phone. The more I talk to my daughter the more she is revealing about the restrictions that had been put on her. Chapel attendance is required at her school. She always had to make sure that she sat alone or he would grill her on why she sat with certain people. If she said she was in the car going to a store or to get something to eat with her room mate he would show up and force her to leave and go with him. I have a lot of reasons to be thankful for this year.

Today is a regular work day - plus tons of errands and running around. More paper work when I get home. My house is a disaster. Thanksgiving Service tonight at Church.
Tomorrow I will go to my Mother-in-laws house early and help her get dinner ready.

Hope you all have a glorious day.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of athe Seas 3/2004
Old November 24th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I'm thinking I could get used to this not working stuff....sure, until the paycheck stops too!
VTJen, thank goodness your daughter is away from this guy.....sounds very creepy.
Our daughters chemistry prof. has scheduled an exam for this afternoon,....if not for this class she'd be safely home by now. She says the campus was emptying out last night. Daughter says the prof is British and probably hasn't gotten over the revolution yet! I hate that she'll be on I95 with the rest of the world probably in the rain.
Angela Z.
Old November 24th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

Good morning all,
that proffesor sounds about right, they used to give us all homework over the christmas holiday and keep us at school for as long as possible, i think he's getting his revenge. Miserble old sod! ANyway, lovely day yesterday, took my mum to London to go shopping at Harrods, i spent far too much, but we had a lovely day, lots of christmas pressies purchased and a pair of the most wildly funky boots in the world, they are bright pink and fluffy, think snow boots but made of what looks like shaggy dog fur! They are amazing and SOOOOOOOOOO comfortable!
Off to the hardware store soon, new handles for the kitchen cupboards and some walpaper for the hall. Lots to look forward to this week, Two, count them TWO, new long haul flights begin, hooray! Barbados and Antigua and St Lucia next month! Hooray!
Anyway off I go,
have a great day
lexxity!

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old November 24th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI where we have a rain/snow mix in the forecast for the day. The roads should be clear, so that's all that matters. I will be having my 3rd chemo treatment and then I'm done with that for 3-4 weeks. I didn't have any bad reactions yesterday and I don't think I will today. Just hope I have some appetite to enjoy a little of the Thanksgiving dinner my daughter is fixing tomorrow.

Angela, my prayers go out for your daughters safe arrival home today. My husband will be trying to get a flight out of Indianapolis in the bad weather also today. I'm expecting delays, but things always work out even if not on our time plan.

Jen, I'm so glad your daughter has been able to get away from that guy and get her stuff back. She is a real sensible girl.

May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving and safe travels to wherever you may be going.

Phyll

Old November 24th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
Just a quick note (before the computer police slam the cuffs on me) to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving. I miss you all deeply! I am very thankful to have this site and such good friends at Cruisemates. Please except my best wishes, from my family to yours, for a wonderful holiday season. May God bless and watch over you all.

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old November 24th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning Wednesday

Good morning from Florida....did not post yesterday as I wasn't feeling well. Had to go back to the doctor due to bad symptoms and she gave me a different antibiotic for my bladder infection. They found some blood in my urine whch freaked me out 100% and I have to go back monday to be retested. I only have 1 kidney so I get nervous. But the good news is I am feeling great now and after I took the new meds hours later I was feeling great.

Phyll good news on that "not getting sick" statement. I hope everything will continue to go smoothly. Jen glad things have calmed down with your daughter.

I have to run to the market to pick up tomorrows dinner. I don't mind the dinner but the crowds are unbelievable. You would think half of the United States moved to Florida!

I will catch up with the board now..take care mates

Old November 24th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Morning all from a wet and dreary Montreal. Like VTJen, I think if it was colder, it would be snow for sure!
Today I have a relaxing (I hope!) day planned. Other than a Dr. appointment for myself, I plan to rent a movie and sit with my mom all afternoon, with our feet up, enjoying Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. First day in weeks I haven't had to run, run, run!

Sue, hope that bladder infection gets better soon. That's what I'm going to check out this morning

Jason, nice to see you posting again!

Phyll, 3 days in a row? I hope the anti-nausea stuff gives your protection and that you can enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner.

lexxity - it's delightful to see all your British expressions (sod, pressies); my husband uses those alot!

Angela, i could get used to this not working too, except for the lack of paycheque!

VTJen, glad to hear things are settling down at your house, and good riddance to that jerk of an ex!

Anne, I just can't imagine putting up Christmas lights in shorts!!

Well, I'd better get moving if I'm to get out of here this morning. Have a good day!

donna

Old November 24th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I just got off the phone with my daughter and Kramer's rescheduled surgery has now been set for next Tuesday at 7:00 AM. I'll keep him locked up this weekend so he can't sabotage the brakes again on the surgeons car. Then again, he can sabotage our car. <VBG>

I woke up to the sound of "How the hell can you unfreeze a car door?". My son had washed his car last night and the temperature took a nose dive. His doors were froze shut this morning. An extension cord and a hair dryer did the trick. The boy lived in Alabama too long.

Today will be pre-Thanksgiving preparation. I'll be chopping vegetables,baking two pies and making a family classic "jello" dish.

Lynne: Best luck to Trevor and your mom.

Jen: I'm glad things are settling down on the psycho boyfriend scene. Just be careful they aren't trying to lull her into a false sense of security.

Angela: The professor does sound like a sod.

Phyll: I am glad you are feeling well. I think you should cruise in that 3 week lull between treatments. <VBG> that would be nice.

Donna: Enjoy the rest..

To all: Have a great Wednesday and a "Wonderful Thanksgiving"

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 24th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Hilton Head Island, S.C. where I drove up here on Sunday for a few days rest. It's not a cruise but it's not work either.

Called in yesterday to renew my prescription but the doctor wouldn't do it until I came back for another check up. He just wants to charge another office visit. Since I run out of this medicine on Friday I'll have to call this morning to see if I can get in on Friday when I return. Hope he's open for business on Friday.

I think I'll go back to Florida tomorrow as I don't think it would be too much fun driving on I95 to Florida on the day before Thankgsiving. We are going to friends house for Thanksgiving dinner but they don't want us there until 2:00 so I'll have plenty of time in the morning to get there.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 24th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..I am off today and tomm so I am thankful for that. Getting ready to fry that big turkey today and wife is cooking like a mad chef. Turning cold here in wc Ark and very windy.

VTjen..so glad you daughter got rid of that clod and realized what he was doing.
Phyll..glad the chemo is not having a reation and hope that it does'nt.
RollerD..glad you are getting a day to rest up..Enjoy.
Sue..hope your medical condition gets better quick.
Jason..What can I say?..Good to hear from you and hope you have a good T day.
Everyone Else..Hope your day goes good and I would like to Wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving. I know we are thankful for all we have and I am thankful for all of you, My extended family. Prayers for all of you that you may all stay safe and well for the season. God Bless and take care.

Old November 24th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Good Morning Wednesday

Good morning, CM's, from Southern California where it's sunny and chilly. Frost warnings were out last night.

VJen, sure glad your daughter's rid of that jerk!
Mike, happy cooking!. Keith will brine the turkey today.
Jason, nice to see you posting.
RD, relax, relax.

Ready to fix some oatmeal, then iron the big white table cloth and set the table with the fancies.

I join BigJohn in saying what a pleasure it is to have all of you here. Given Keith's serious health issues this year and his brother's ongoing ones, we have ever so much to be thankful for. That Keith wants to and is preparing Thanksgiving dinner is a miracle in itself to me. Last May, I never would have thought it possible. If I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, everyone, have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Judy
Old November 24th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisers! No time this morning, but I'll wish all our U.S. friends an early Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old November 24th, 2004, 10:58 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........keeping everyone in our thoughts & prayers.......
Have a wonderful Turkey day & enjoy families if that is what you are doing.......

Sharon

Old November 24th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Passenger

Good morning all. I think we must be having some freaky cosmic alignment because there is too much bad family news around here. In the last two days....my sister's drug store was robbed by professionals who beat the security system, took all the narcotics, and smashed the place up totally; we got the news that my mother's stepfather is dying from cancer at age 92; my uncle's home burned to the ground and he lost everything including his pet cat.

I just reread that and it sounds like the plot of some bad movie. But sadly it is all true. All I can do is offer all the support I can. And keeping all of you in prayers, as well.

Take care and have a good day.

Tammie

New Year's 2007 MSC Lirica
New Year's 2006 MSC Lirica
New Year's 2005 Carnival Spirit
Old November 24th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin - first snow of the season supposed to fall today........will be leaving early for work this afternoon to give me extra time to avoid all the idiots who forget how to drive in snow every year...........you would think that living in Wisconsin they would remember?

Prayers going out for everyone in need.....

Have a great day.

Old November 24th, 2004, 02:19 PM
DENISE H

good moring its sunny and in 30 here in mpls have a good day