Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning.

Good morning, friends. I cannot believe I am the first to post this morning. I guess a lot of folks have an extended holiday. Not so for me...it's back to the old grind. Today is the first day of deer season for us....so many folks have taken the day off. We did go to get the kid's trees yesterday and then had our traditional breakfast. It was a lot of fun. Then Jackie, Lindsay and I all came back to my place and made cookies. Last night I began to wrap the gifts I've purchased so far. The Christmas spirit is knocking at the door. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2004, 05:36 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Good Monday Morning.

Hi all from a Nice Southern NH. Temp is 40 degrees now and no rain. Cleaning house today because I am hosting a breakfast on Tuesday for some of my girlfriends. Hope everyone has a great day.

Carnival Miracle
Old November 29th, 2004, 05:52 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Monday Morning.

Good morning from chilly swfl...its 69 in the house and I am very cold. But I know it will warm up. Supposed to see the doctor today but I am feeling fine and will skip it.
Yesterday we took a nice long walk with the kids and dogs. Afterward we ate dinner and in between little one made a ginger bread house and I made cookies. After dinner we listened to christmas music, had a candle on for the 1st Advent. Kids loved the cookies and I had 2 also. I also have some christmas gifts in my car that need to be wrapped but I wait until dec 24th to do so.

I hope everybody has a nice day...

Old November 29th, 2004, 05:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning everybody!

I'm back on the boards after a week of vacation. The hunting was not very good, but the turkey dinner was excellent. It's going to take me several hours to read all of the posts from the previous week. <G>
Everything is wonderful up here in Buffalo Bills land. Our Bills finally won an away game! If only they hadn't been so terrible the first month of the season, they would be in the playoff hunt right now. Oh well!
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old November 29th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! It is 39 here in NH's Lakes Region it is supposed to get to 48 and be sunny. Not bad for late Nov. Yesterday we got the christmas lights up outside and the tree is up also but bare at the moment. There was a car accident on our street last night. We are trained in cpr and first aid so we ran out to see if we could help. Fortunately the victims were not hurt too badly. The ambulance arrived and took one to the hospital to be checked out. Not much to do today but finish the tree and maybe a little Christmas shopping. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 29th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

morning all,
not very nice weather here, sunny bu very cold! off to the doctors this afternoon to see about my glandular fever, its horrid and seems to be back in full force, thank goodness for all of you, you keep me sane! Spoke to my friend in london today her little girl has been in hospital with menigitis, bu hse is out of hospital now and doing well, thank heaven, I knew there was something wrong, second sight I think! Otherwise all is good and my present shopping is almost complete! YAY!
Catch you all later
Lexxity!

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old November 29th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
I slept in today. It's 8AM already. Eddie, hurray for the Bills. Tampa will be sitting home during the playoffs as well. Our kicker is no longer Automatica! I don't think we'll make it with a 4-7 record.
It's currently 54 degrees in Avon Park,FL and the sun is shining.The temp is supposed to reach about 80. I wear a sweater regardless. It's chilly in the building sometimes with the AC.

Our big activity at work today is the lighting of our lobby Christmas tree. It's the focal point and welcome for visitors It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas throughout the facility. Of course, there will be a little program and cookies and punch to go with the tree lighting. "When there is food, they will come!"

Have to run. Have a great day, Everybody. Lynne

Old November 29th, 2004, 07:19 AM
VTJen

Good Morning from Vermont,

There is a breeze and clouds, but a see small patches of blue beginning to peek through. Yesterday we had a lot of high wind. My husband has once again worked for 22 hours out of the last 24 and not home yet. I think he's meeting with the boss right now with some complaints about a few things that haven't been done correctly. Praying that it will all go well. I just can't take another bad outcome to face this week. I think I will begin instituting Mr. Constanza's "Serenity Now" chant.

The busy season is in full swing here. This week I have to be some place every night. Should begin the wrapping and the cards. Must finish the shopping (pretty hard w/ no credit cards). I'm beginning to feel the pressure, but that's when I usually get the most done. Will go to work for the morning, then head to the DMV to replace the license, go to Post Office and mail back some stuff I ordered that doesn't meet my expectations, go home to do paper work for Church Council meeting tomorrow evening, then if I have any energy left, make a potluck dish and head to the Womens Ministry Meeting at Church, where after the meal, devotion and brief meeting we will make Christmas Wreaths or Kissing Balls. I'm not sure I'll make it to that tho'. Feel like I should be home especially since I didn't see husband at all yesterday and the son will be gone tomorrow night for a team dinner, Wed's nights are alway rushed, then I'l be gone Thursday night, and son will be gone from Fri - Sun. I'm sure they could care less if I'm home tonight or not, but it is that mother's guilt that makes me hesitate.

Hope you all have a great day.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old November 29th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Ml, one of those hunters will be my son...I pray that he, and all the others across the country will be safe..Orange is in this season!!
I am off to the mall to live up to my licensce plate, [shop*r]. Think of me smiling in the crowd Boy, winning the lottery now would make me soooo happy
I hope Tweety is making Harry a big breakfast right about now See ya later.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 29th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI where it is cold and cloudy. Sue my heat is set at 69 inside. You'd really freeze around here, but after spending a winter in Florida, I know how your body adjusts to those warmer temps.

Trip, it's so good to hear that you are feeling well enough to hit the malls. :-)

Lex, hope you get some relief from what's ailing you today too.

Ed, it's good to have you back with us. I think the WI deer hunting season just finished up.

Have a great day everyone.

Phyll

Old November 29th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..I too slept in this morning after those 3day 36 hr shifts..The best part is. It is the last weekend I have to work untill after our cruise.>G< It is raining and suppose to all day here in wc Ark. It will be a searching and packing day for me. I am only allowed to pack certain things and I will get that done today.<VBG> I cant belive we are on the short countdown now. I will take the car in for service tomm morning and finish up the packing tomm night.

Welcome back eddie and sorry the hunting was not too good.
VTjen..I think your run of bad luck is over..positive thoughts for you.
ML..hope your son has good luck today and this week.
Cruz..glad you did not have to use any of your skills at the accident.
theta..good morning to you
Lexxy..hope your friends little one gets better soon and hope you have a good report at the dr's
Sue.."shaking my finger at you"..you should not miss that appt at the Dr..>G<
Lynne..good luck with the Tree Lighting
Trip..Are you wearing that orange while you shop..>G<..would'nt want anyone thinking you were a shopping reindeer..>VBG<
Phyll..you posted while I was typing..hope you are feeling okay and keep feeling better..your strength will come back..it just takes time.

Everyone have a great day and hope you stay safe.

Post Edited (11-29-04 07:55)
Old November 29th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Monday Morning.

I am sure glad there is an edit button...LMAO..let's just say that "shift" is suppose to have an "f" in it......................>g<

Post Edited (11-29-04 08:00)
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Yeoman

Happy Monday all! We got our daughter moved in yesterday in the rain & wind. Now it's time to start getting ready for Christmas. We are having my husband's family get together at our house this year (again). There will be about 45-50 people. So it's time to start shopping.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal, high of 3C but sunny and still NO snow!
Today, it's off to the hospital again with my mom for blood tests and a Dr. appointment.

ML and Sue, sounds like you've got some Christmas spirit - I could sure use some!

Ed, welcome back on board. have you caught up on the news yet?

Lexxity, hope your and your friend's daughter's health issues clear up soon!

VTJen, I'm glad my schedule doesn't look like yours!

Phyll, hope you are not feeling to bad after your treatment last week. Hang in there!

BigJohn, your countdown is going fast!

Rebel, I understand about moving in the cold and wind and rain - and snow!

Have a good day everyone!

donna

Post Edited (11-29-04 09:00)
Old November 29th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

It is a balmy 22 degrees here in the great brown, with a bit of white, north. This afternoon we take Kramer to the U of M Vet hospital and tomorrow morning he has his hip replacement removed. I have already wrote "THIS SIDE" on his right thigh to make sure they take out the correct implant. I wish they would have just let us do the shave but the surgeon wants his people to do the prep. I also have a hotel room near the U so I can stay with him for awhile tonight and then be there first thing in the morning. Yes folks, I am a member of PPOA. Pathetic Pet Owners of America. :-) Betty will hold down the home front with our granddaughter and my daughter will scrub in and observe the surgery.

I'm glad everyone had a good weekend and I hope the Turkey Cruisers aren't being hit too hard by reality. To all, I hope you have a great Monday and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

P.S. BigJohn: I did the same thing a couple years back when giving computer advice here on the boards. I told someone to hit the shift key but forgot the same letter you did. I didn't catch my mistake, someone else did. So much for proof reading. :-)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 29th, 2004, 10:26 AM
cruisinKandJ.

Good morning, CM's, from sunny and chilly Southern California.

Gotta pay bills today. Ugh! Maybe return the sofa slip cover to Macy's that didn't fit.

Have a good day, all. Welcome back to all the cruisers and bon voyage to those leaving on theirs.

Judy
Old November 29th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin - cloudy, cold with snow/slush predicted for later today.

Had a nice weekend off, so it is back to the grind today....sigh........

Have a great day everyone!

Old November 29th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good Afternoon All !

DH and I had a pretty good weekend. We got a late start on Saturday, because he was up all night with his headache, nausea and chills, but he was feeling better by morning. We decided to ski on Sunday because we didn't get up there until noonish. Unfortuneatley Sunday was a washout, we took one run and got our money back for the lift tickets. We also saw some very unusual sights in our travels. It was nice to get away for a couple of days!

BTW while we were up there we found a farm that raises deer for thier venision. There have been some posts on here recently about deer hunting, so if any of the hunters who came home empty handed would like the web address to the deer farm, email me and I will give it to you. They do mail orders. I bought a couple of steaks for my Dad, and when I handed him the bag I said, "I went up north and was able to bring back what 3 generations of men in this family were not !!" hehehe

Have a great rest of the day all!

Carnival Inspiration Feb 19, 2005
Old November 29th, 2004, 01:22 PM
DENISE H

good moring mary lou is sunny 30 degress and dustine of snow it is realy refashinf
wish winter could be like this all the time i hope you have a good day
Old November 29th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Dreary and soggy here in beautiful British Columbia - as usual - but they promise us some sun for tomorrow - so dh can get back up on the roof and finish the Christmas lights - after I get them untangled! Those darned Christmas light gremlins had a busy summer. Have a great day all TTFN Jennifer
Old November 29th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Judy, if you had to return those slipcovers because they didn't fit, then I think you maybe had WAY too much turkey at Thanksgiving!! <VBG>

donna