Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Default I love my cruise credit card!

Using the points we've accumulated from our cruise-travel-agent credit card (I won't mention which one in case that's considered advertising), we got $500 off the cost of our 3-day cruise on the Fascination in January.

For our anniversary we're going to St. Augustine for two nights over a weekend... and I am paying $60 more for that trip than I am for our cruise! It's nothing but a hotel room for two nights. The cruise is three nights and includes all those cruise amenities - a room, meals, and entertainment!

Wow! Just can't beat that!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Terri Ann

Default Re: I love my cruise credit card!

Michelle,

That is fantastic!!! Congrats to you.. it is funny isn't it how these things turn out? Enjoy both "outings".

Terri
Old November 30th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Admiral

Good for you Michelle. I know you will enjoy the cruise much more.

Carnival Glory
Old November 30th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Michelle,
I also love my cruise credit card. I've booked three cruises with it in the last 8 days.

I wonder if Kuki will be mad when he finds out that it's his card. <VBG>

Take care and I'm glad you were able to reap the rewards.

Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 30th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Michelle, I can't believe it's your anniversary coming up already! Seems like only yesterday you were getting ready for a wedding!

donna

Old November 30th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

A big yayayayayay for you..you deserve it!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 2nd, 2004, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Michelle, just don't do what I did this past anniversary.

Chris and I always celebrate our anniversary TG weekend. We follow a strict routine. Thursday--turkey dinner at home with her family. Friday--Japanese lunch with my sisters. Then we drive to our hotel.

This year the hotel was located in northern KY on the Ohio River. I really looked forward to watching the tows snake their ways past the Cincinnati skyline. We had only done a Kentucky hotel one time before several years ago and I managed to get a cold.

So this year, after turkey dinner and an evening playing Scene It, we loaded the suitcase in the Jeep. Friday morning, I drove Chris to work. Noon, I picked up Chris and we drove to the Japanese restaurant. After lunch with 3 of my sisters, and their children and grandchildren, we hit the road. Two and a half hours later, we walk into our hotel room.

How can I describe the view out the window? Look! There's a dumpster! Look! There's a dike! Look! There's a flood pump station! See the output nozzles on top of the dike? I admit it, we paid the cheap rates and got what we paid for.

All was not ugly, however, not to me at least. Towering over the scene, was the superstructure of the I-75 bridge. And I happen to consider bridges the epitome of practical art. European cities have their cathedrals and fountains. US cities have their bridges. And the Roebling Bridge, which was the smaller scale prototype of the Brooklyn Bridge was only a mile away. But I was not to see more than a glimpse of it.

Chris and I had a light dinner in our room, and enjoyed a romantic Friday evening--and the honeymoon renactment was over! I woke up early Saturday with dizzy spells and general malaise. As the dawn brightened, my health dimmed. As the day progressed, whom I intended to treat as a bride became my nurse, eventually my chauffeur. Saturday dinner for me consisted of a bowl of Panera chicken noodle soup and a sandwich--Hold the malaise, please!--washed down with an impromptu cocktail of Tylenol and lemon Brisk.

When she bought me the Tylenol, she also bought me a flask sized bottle of bourbon, but I didn't break the seal. I wasn't sure how the alcohol would affect my stomach at that stage of the infection. As soon as we got home, she added the contents of the bottle to my decanter of the same brand so she could use the bottle in a craft project.

I was so sick, I barley even argued about who was driving home on Sunday. And I know she hates driving the Jeep, almost as much as I hate having anybody but myself behind the wheel. I spent the trip home knodding off every ten minutes and the next 30 hours after arrivng home, knodding off every ten minutes. And so it continued until Tuesday morning.

The good news is that Chris has remained healthy and symptom free. But I'm standing by to become her nurse if necessary. In addition, some time between now and the next cruise, I'm going to surprise her with a makeup getaway some weekend.

So stay healthy and enjoy that little piece of cake you froze about a year ago.

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!