Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Good Saturday morning!

Good morning from Orlando. I'm up and at 'em early today because my son's marching band is in the Winter Park Christmas parade this morning.
Yay for clear dry days!
Angela Z.
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Good Saturday morning!

Good Morning CruiseMates. Brrr, a chilly 25 here in NH's Lakes Region. It is not going to get above 35 today. It would be a nice day to curl up by the fire! Have much to do today. Have a great day all.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old December 4th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning All !

Busy day today, DD and I are going to meet a friend at the mall at 9am then lunch at noon and on to see another friends daughter preform the lead in the Nutcracker at 2pm. She is only 12 or 13 and already a beautiful dancer.

Have a great day all !

Carnival Inspiration Feb 19, 2005
Old December 4th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I am off to the wondeful world of retail today..I hope I wait on very happy people Will probably do a holiday window, too...I wish you all a happy salesperson [like me,] to wait on you in the stores today Have a good one kids!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 4th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Yeoman

Happy Saturday all. I'm hoping to have a more successful day of shopping today. And Trip I'm also hoping for happy salespeople. Bless you for being one of them!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old December 4th, 2004, 08:57 AM
VTJen

Angela Z - my Pastor's parents live in Winter Park. Hope you have an great parade.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old December 4th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the chilly Arizona desert, where I plan to do some Christmas shopping today. I wish all my Cruise Mates health and happiness at this blessed time of year. For those of you who are hurting, either in body, mind or spirit, my prayers are with you.

Old December 4th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning all from chilly NE Florida where a cruise is notably coming over the horizon. Just a bit more than a month from now the buddy and I'll be sailing.

Today I'm cooking gumbo for tomorrow nights tailgate party and doing a little yard work.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 4th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Jennifer, Arizona can't be nearly as chilly as it is here in Montreal! My computer says
-9C but they're already talking in "wind chill factors". Glad I don't have to go out today!
My kids are decorating our tree today, as is their tradition. My daughter will be bringing over her "new" boyfriend, who is actually her "ex" making another attempt to be a decent human being. We'll see...
Hoping that tree decorating, Christmas music, and home-baked cookies will help to put all of us in a happier mood, especially my mom, who is not doing so well.
As for the rest of you CMs, don't shop till you drop!

donna

Old December 4th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Everybody!
It's now 10AM and 57, with sun, here in Avon Park,FL. I'm not sure what we're going to do today. DH is figgity and I've recently returned from chorale rehearsal. It's the last time I'll be with the group until the Concert next Saturday night. I'll miss two reherarsals and a performance this week.
Wednesday we go down to Ft. Lauderdale to join my son, from Ohio, on his winter holiday.That will be great. The weather is supposed to warm back up so we won't be dealing with frigid temps (for these parts). It will be nice to see all the ships in port-including ours from Sept.
Yesterday we received our first Christmas card-from my dad and step-mother in Toronto.I look forward to the "gift" inside every year, and sure enough, it was there.Right now it goes into the Bank.
Speaking of Banks-yesterday Trevor received a call back from a representative of the bank where he interviewed on Tuesday. She wasn't in her office,and it was already close to 4PM. She wants to talk to him about a part-time teller position at the Branch nearby-in Sebring.This gal left a 1-800 # which is a page, but nobody answered. He left his name and will try again on Monday.I hope it works out for him.

That's it for now. We go out to dinner with friends tonight, then our choir sings at both services tomorrow-then- a chance to relax a little before work again Monday.
Take care. Lynne

Old December 4th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cloudy, chilly SE WI.

I am feeling so good. :-) It was nice to really enjoy my breakfast out with Jake this morning.

It's looking really Christmasy around our house. My daughter spent half the night decorating. She didn't want any help, so I just sat back and pretended I was on one of those home decorating makeover shows. It's fun to sit back and watch her creativity.

Hope you all take it easy with the Holiday stress. Enjoy the sights, the scents and the time with family and friends. Don't worry about all that shopping and cooking and cleaning. My motto is, if it doesn't get done there is always next year. :-)

Phyll

Old December 4th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Saturday morning!

Good morning from very chilly florida....I begged my dh to turn on the heat but he said no. I am almost out the door to go to church. Yesterday I did sent out my package to Germany for my aunt postage was $40 wow. Still have to get my fathers out which should be less since the box will be smaller.

Last night we went out for dinner dh and I to take advantage of a gift certificate we had gotten almost 1 year ago. It was about to expire next week. It was at a steak house and they sell a porterhouse for 1 at the price of $61.90. Thats without anything else. It was a very good steak. Thank goodness the certificate was for $100

I have to run..take care mates

Old December 4th, 2004, 11:20 AM
cruisinKandJ.

Good morning from a chilly Southern California.

Soon my DH and I are off to the Holiday Look-In, a tour of four Pasadena mansions professionally decorated for Christmas. This is a charity event for the Pasadena Symphony. There are probably many such tours all over the country. I am not a classical mujsic fan, but I love to go through beautiful houses! Four florists decorate real trees, sometimes two or more depending on the size of the house. They do gorgeous Christmas arrangements and incredible dining room tables. Sometimes the home owners do a remodel before the event.

Have a good Saturday, CM's.

Judy
Old December 4th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Passenger

Hi, from sunny San Jacinto, California we wont get rain till tomorrow and right now its in the high 30's. Got most of the Christmas decorations up and the place looks and smells wonderful.
Since I don't work, I try to go shopping during the week and early. Last year my sister and her dh was here staying with me for the whole month of December. We had fun shopping and I didn't mind the crowds, it's different this year being by myself. Not as much fun.
Lots of parties coming up and I pray all of you will have a safe and Christ filled Christmas holidays.

Old December 4th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Hi, guys--while it is still morning on the West Coast!

Chris and I are having a busy weekend. Last night it was Scrabble at my oldest sister's house. She looks and feels much better than she has in some time. She feels so well in fact, that a week from now, she, her son, and my second oldest sister will be in Sydney, Australia. They tried to recruit me to go along, but it just isn't in my budget.

Tonight will be our annual zoo under Christmas lights trip. Five years ago, that was the occasion when the daughter of some long time friends introduced to her parents the young co-worker I had introduced to her. Tonight their 5 month old son will be enjoying along with us. I call myself his grandchemist, since I brought together the ingredients that produced him.

Have a great weekend, all

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!