Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default POLL- How many of YOU read the artilcles on the Home Page, a

I know the ariticles on our home page (which get added to each week) are well read.

But I'm curious... how many of the folks on the Chit Chat message board read the articles on the home page, and how many are simply "message board junkies"? (don't mean that in a bad way at all.. btw <G>)

And how many of you visit Chit Chat, but don't read, or participate on many of our other message boards?

The site gets 1000s of "lurkers" visiting each day, who read the articles and reviews. Guess I'm just curious to see how many of the "regular" posters do as well.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Default Re: POLL- How many of YOU read the artilcles on the Home Pag

I must admit I am a “POSTER CHILD”. My bookmark goes directly to this board. 99% of my posts are here. If an article is mentioned I will look elsewhere on CM for articles. I will peruse the other message boards at CM and I always look at the pictures. I think I have been in the chat room maybe a dozen times.
This place is in trouble if I’m the CM Poster Child…

Post Edited (12-10-04 11:33)
and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old December 10th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Admiral

I check out the chit chat, gripes and cruise line boards as well as reviews of any ship I consider planning to cruise. I also check out any new articles on the home page.

Then I get back in bed and sulk under the sheets because I am not on a cruise!
Old December 10th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

I read the home page articles, ship reviews, and of course come here to chit chat most mornings to see how everyone is doing.

Old December 10th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

I try to read them all. Do Not make very many comments on Boards and others but I enjoy reading them all time permitting.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old December 10th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

I mostly stick to the boards. First stop being the Carnival board (our upcoming cruise), and then right to the chit-chat. When I get time through out the day I visit most of the other boards. I read the articles if one is mentioned in a board. Guess I should venture out more. ;o)

Old December 10th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Admiral

I read all the Home page articles that interest me . I must admit that every once in a while there is something there that is of a topic not of my interest, ie singles cruise stuff,
Gram does not let me read that.
I await your next article and the reviews of your last two cruises with much anticipation.

I look at the cruise line boards for the lines I have cruised, the destinations for those places I have been, and look around at gripes, excursions, hotels , shopping , first time cruise, family cruise etc.

I like to look at photos posted by familiar names like yours Kuki or Ray's and Michelle's
etc. Loved the photos of Harry's Christmas decorations.
Old December 10th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Passenger

I'll be honest, I usually just check the message boards unless something in one of the messages prompts me to go looking for more info on the home page. I did try the chat one night but it got a bit confusing with so many folks all chiming in -- hard to follow three or four conversations at once. I'd probably do better after a time or two.

I do read the reviews periodically to see if anything new has come up on the ships I am interested in.

Volendam Panama Canal Repo
Statendam to Hawaii 2004
Old December 10th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Kuki:
As you know I visit almost every board. I guess I have to. <g>.

One bit of board trivia. Even though Chit Chat has the most posts, on average the Carnival, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean boards are visited by more people.

The Home Page and the rest of the main site has a wealth of information and is well worth a visit every few days to see what's new. I personally love reading reviews.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 10th, 2004, 12:22 PM
pg

I read most of the message boards, then reader reviews, I have rarely read the writers reviews.
Old December 10th, 2004, 12:49 PM
First Mate

I read everthing and anything articles, boards, reviews, anything pertaining to cruise ships. I can't get enough, I think I may have a problem.

Imagination 95
Sensation 96
Ecstasy 96
Destiny 97
Sensation 98
Imagination 99
Spirit 03
Valor 05!!! Here I come I'm into double digits 99 and counting...3-20-05!
Old December 10th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Admiral

Like Jason, I have the message boards bookmarked and that is where I visit mostly. I have to remember or be reminded to go to the home page to check out different articles. When I have a cruise booked, then I spend more time at the message boards for the cruiselines.

I love the nightly chats. Mary, it took me a while to get the hang of it, and even now I can have trouble keeping up with it when it's busy, but it's a great way to get to know the folks around here a little more.

Phyll

Old December 10th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I read a lot of the home page but not all. I mostly post in "chit chat" and "Carnival" I have posted on other boards but not as much. I read reviews of ships I am considering for a cruise. I love to look at the galleries and am beginning to put faces to names. In my ICQ profile I have written about my interest in cruising. Many ICQ members have contacted me asking my opinion of a ship or cruise line. I usually refer them to this site. On my personal website Ihave a link to Cruisemates. I am "cruise crazy and crazy about CruiseMates.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old December 10th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

As a moderator, I visit the G/L boards first and then Mexico. But I always start at the home page. I always peruse the articles that are new ... especially Anne's new ship reviews (the MSC one was very interesting).

After that, depending on time, it's to the Carnival, Princess and RCCL boards, then to Chit-Chat and then to Ask a Staff Member. If I can answer anything on those boards, I do.

Finally, I invariably wrap up my vsiit to see what in the latest cruise photo galleries.

And so begins my day and results in me always being 30 mins to an hour late for work.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old December 10th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Yeoman

I visit the message boards, the chit chat, RC, Carnival, Destinations, and photo galleries, along with several of the others when getting ready to cruise. I also read ship reviews, and articles on the home page, along with checking the specials for cruises on the home page. I visit digi-chat occassionally to visit with fellow cruisemates, and am looking forward to meeting all the cruisemates on the company picnic Jewel of the Sea the end of January.

I have visited other cruise sites in the past, but once I found cruisemates, I knew I found a new home. I very seldom check any of the other sites now. I do a lot of reading on cruisemates, but have slowed down with my posts. Was very busy with my work in the fall, and now the holidays, so in Jan., I may get back to more postings, especially with the upcoming cruise at the end of Jan. I would like to do more with the postings and with pics in the photo gallery, but I am not very computer savy, I have a lot to learn on this darn thing!

Happy Holidays to all my cruisemates friends!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old December 10th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I read the articles, most of the message boards and the ship reviews for the ships I am interested in going on. I also read the reader review of the week.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old December 10th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: POLL- How many of YOU read the artilcles on the Home

I Iike to read "Cruise News" every week, articles, "Ash the Staff," "Hotels," and "Shopping," but by far, I go on Chit Chat. People have been so nice to Keith and me. We're still booked on th Diamond at Easter, but I rarely go on the cruise line messsage boards. I enjoy the ship reviews, too, and find them very helpful.

Judy
Old December 10th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Passenger

I read the home page and then check out the board. There is always new and interesting things!

Micki
Old December 10th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Terri Ann

Default Re: Re: POLL- How many of YOU read the artilcles on the Home

Kuki,

I start at the boards then I go back and see if there are any new articles, reviews, etc. I read your new article and look forward to many more.

Terri
Old December 10th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Passenger

Hi All

The home page is the opening page for my browser...I read most of the articles, many reviews, and also post on the boards.

Bill

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
Mark Twain
Old December 10th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Chit Chat is my first and only experience with a chat room, and I have to admit, I am addicted to it. In fact, it took awhile before I discovered there were other boards or even a home page! I love the photo galleries, and I check specific boards (eg. Carnival's) if I am booked on a particular cruise. I have also enjoyed the home page articles and ship reviews and learned an awful lot about cruising from them. Thanks CruiseMates for being so educational, friendly and fun!

donna

Old December 10th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

Message Board Junkie here

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old December 10th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Admiral

When I don't have a lot of time, I just come here to the chit chat board where all my friends are, but I usually read all the articles on the home page. Cruise Mates home page is where I spent a good year before I ever came to the boards! The layout was different back then. The newest article was always at the top of the page and it made it really easy to make sure that I didn't miss anything! Love Cruist Mates!

Old December 10th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Admiral

I read most of the articles (if not all) from the home page and I am as hopelessly addicted to the reviews as I am to the boards themselves.

Here's a sad, sad story.....I keep a "cheat sheet" with the name of all the Carnival ships and a few other ships I am interested in. Next to the name of the ship, I put the date of the most current review. When a new review is posted, I can look at my cheat sheet and see the date of the last review I read, so I don't re-read them.

How strange is *that*??? But in truth, I love reading the reviews. I take all reviews with a grain of salt, but it's wonderful to read different "takes" on the same ship.

Hey Kuki, maybe you can hire me as the official "reviews editor."

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old December 11th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I come to the chit chat board first, then check the Ask the Staff and Gripes boards, then on to the specific cruise line boards (Princess, Celebrity, RCCL and Carnival usually) then off to the home page to see what is new and then check out the reviews.

Old December 11th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Passenger

I read it all!! Wouldnt miss the latest "MooseMan" review!!
Oh, and I lurk too!

PS...DOC DANCE!!!

Diamond Princess
Old December 11th, 2004, 11:26 PM
First Mate

Default Re: POLL- How many of YOU read the artilcles on the Home Pa

I usually read the chit chat first then go to the cruise lines, destinations and then to gripes. I like to check out all reveiws, and any news about cruising, My DW and myself love to read the reveiws together when we have a cruise booked. Tried chat line a few times but I always seem to catch it when everyone is signing off

Post Edited (12-11-04 23:27)
Old December 12th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Admiral

First I look at the home page to see if there are any new articles I might be interested in readng and then I go to the Chit Chat board. I have a Carnival cruise booked for next year so I occasionally check out Carnival board as well.