CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Who would you like to sit next to? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/271035-who-would-you-like-sit-next.html)

Cruznut2 December 11th, 2004 05:17 AM

Who would you like to sit next to?

If you were flying to your next cruise and got bumped up to 1st class and were placed next to a celebrity who would you like it to be?

I have soooooo many choices but I will say Oprah Winfrey

VTJen December 11th, 2004 06:45 AM

Re: Who would you like to sit next to?

Good question, I'm not sure. It would have to be someone fun, but not too annoying, so that rules out Richard Simmons. Those shorts reveal more thigh than I would like to see. Maybe Dr. Phil, or Ty from Trading Spaces/Extreme House Makeover. Or Rachel Ray, she could give me ideas on the best places to travel and eat ($40 a day on the Food TV Channel).

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004

salem5050 December 11th, 2004 06:59 AM

Paul McCartney.
But I probably would be a basket case and not even be able to speak to him, because I would be so nervous.

Mary Margaret

Thomas December 11th, 2004 07:40 AM

The Grassy Knoll Gunman, just to ask him who hired him.

Regards,
Thomas

CruiseAholic December 11th, 2004 07:52 AM

President and Mrs. Bush without a doubt, two people I admire greatly.

venice December 11th, 2004 09:24 AM

Lena Horne, she has had such an incredible life and in her 80's is still one of the most beautiful women in the world....she can have the window seat, I'll take the aisle and right across would be Halle Berry and on the other side of her would be the top cardiologist in the world because I would be having a heart attack sitting between Lena and Halle so I would need the heart doctor

rayb December 11th, 2004 10:53 AM

Celebrity??? That would be my lovely wife HELEN.

Jim Bragg December 11th, 2004 11:26 AM

There are quite a number of folks I would like to sit with and I agree with CA that the Bushes would be on top of my list. We have had the pleasure of meeting and dining with the former President and Mrs Bush and they were delightful folks and I've meet JEB as well and enjoyed his company. I would however like to dine with Col. North, Sean Hannity, Arnold Swartzaneggier, or Dick Cheney. Agree with them or not, they are all very intelligent and interesting people.
Jim

Cruizin K and J December 11th, 2004 12:27 PM

Re: Re: Who would you like to sit next to?

Definitely President and Mrs. Bush. Also, Emeril Legasse.

Judy

lougee1043 December 11th, 2004 12:51 PM

first class seating is 2 x 2 so you with have to pick dubyh or mrs b and the secret service agent will sit on your lap-------------air force one run out of gas

karessamom December 11th, 2004 01:16 PM

I think i'd settle for Marie Osmond--don't laugh lol--but she and i are same age and only 1 month apart--she seems like a really interesting person but i'd probably BORE her to tears LOL

hazelson December 11th, 2004 01:53 PM

Jay Leno - I think he would be a great conversationalist -ttfn Jennifer

Roberto December 11th, 2004 03:17 PM

I am a long time lurker - first post.

Mine would be Mahatma Ghandi, Mother Theresa, Jesus Christ, or Howard Stern.

I'm surprised that people would choose GW Bush or Cheney, both have been convicted (convicted means guilty) of drunk driving, and neither has expressed any remorse about it. Bush even smirks about it.

I lost someone very close to me to a drunk driver so I am probably more sensitive about this issue.

robert in georgia

Jim Bragg December 11th, 2004 04:57 PM

Yes Robert I think you are. People do make mistakes in life but it is what they do after that matters. In addition, all of your choices would be either boring or profane as three are dead.
Jim

PS Yes I know, Jesus speaks to many people anyway. <G>

rollerdonna December 11th, 2004 05:01 PM

Definately, without a doubt, it would have to be Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees. It's been a life-long dream of mine (well at least since I was 13!) to meet him in person, and maybe have him sing me a song. If he were to sit down next to me on a flight, I'd probably faint and miss the whole experience!

donna

Fisch December 11th, 2004 05:33 PM

The Dalai Lama.

Kuki December 11th, 2004 05:58 PM

Mine would be Freud... to ask if he really does wear a slip.

And then move across the aisle to Robin Williams, to laugh about it.

BTW... don't think it's necessary to question other people's selection in an imaginary poll.
Come to think of it, Freud would probably have something to say about that <G>

Post Edited (12-12-04 11:46)

Roberto December 11th, 2004 06:10 PM

Jim Community Staff Supervisor, it offends me when you mock Jesus, grin or not.

Of course people make mistakes in life. Good people admit and atone for mistakes. Bush and Cheney have done neither, and Bush has mocked people who dare speak of his.

robert from georgia

Fisch December 11th, 2004 07:35 PM

I already responded but I need to add Ellen Degeneres.

Landlubber December 11th, 2004 08:40 PM

Gen. Chuck Yeager for me.

salem5050 December 11th, 2004 09:45 PM

I love Ellen Degeneres! Can I change seats and not sit with Paul McCartney?

Ugh sorry to say...I would not sit with a political person...either democrat or republican..I choose funny people! But to each their own.

Mary Margaret

PaulaJ December 11th, 2004 10:29 PM

I'd sit with Mary Tyler Moore and ask her to say "Oh Rhoda!", and then "Mr. Grant!" Then I'd ask her about all the great work she does for juv. diabetes.

2nd choice would be Billy Connolly. But no plane crash jokes until we land.

Paula

Mike M December 11th, 2004 11:49 PM

Former Minnesota Twins great and Baseball Hall of Famer, Harmon Killebrew. He was my boyhood idle and others I have spoke with that know him say he is a great conversationalist.

I was lucky enough to sit across from another Twins Hall of Famer,Kirby Puckett, on a return from Fort Lauderdale. It was interesting to know that the most enjoyable memories he had in baseball were the first time he put on a big league uniform and that you didn't have to carry your own bags when you traveled. His worst memory was waking up one morning with a blind spot in his eye. It was the start of the glaucoma that ended his career.

Take care,
Mike

Jim Bragg December 12th, 2004 11:09 AM

Robert, again, I think you misunderstand. The reason I pointed out that Jesus talks to many people as I am one that thinks he speaks to me. Others of differant religions do not feel that way. I also will not get into a political or religious debate as it is a futile excersise.
Jim

Roberto December 12th, 2004 05:57 PM

"Robert, again, I think you misunderstand. The reason I pointed out that Jesus talks to many people as I am one that thinks he speaks to me."

And that thought made you <G>? Or was that a smirk?

If you will "not get into a political or religious debate as it is a futile excersise", why is it religion and politics less futile than any debate? ( And you're sure not shy about debating.)

("Yes Robert I think you are. People do make mistakes in life but it is what they do after that matters. In addition, all of your choices would be either boring or profane as three are dead.")

1) Smarmily debating my status. 2) Debating people's actions. 3) Debating my choices for seatmates.

Yeah, you sure do hate debating.

It seems to me you hide behind bites like "futile debate" to mask your own aggression.

Very Big Eyeroll,

robert in georgia

no one special.... December 15th, 2004 10:54 AM

hmmm, I think the only response to this conversation is....Lighten up people.