Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Default Our Cruise Part I

Here goes it...
I will try to do justice to this trip by putting it in to words to the best of my ability. I will be honest in telling you our experiences. Hope you enjoy.

PRE CRUISE: We left about 2 hours late due to very foggy conditions here in Hot Spirngs, Ar. So we ended up leaving at 7am on Saturday. It was still foggy for the first 60 miles. The fog gave way to sunny skys and it warmed up into the upper 50's. We still had an uneventful trip all the way in to New Orleans, arriving at the Maison st Charles hotel at 4:15pm. We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. It had a very elegant lobby and beautiful courtyards. This is a very old Hotel but has been refurbished into a very nice establishment. Our room was very clean and had the antique furnishings. Very comfortable at the least. Very Very clean. I know this will be of interest to K-Mom because she will be staying here. The Valet's name was General, that IS his name. Very nice man and very funny. He was also our Limo driver. I would also like to add that we recived 2 complimentary drinks at the little bar in the center of the hotel. The name was Chez Pierre. Very friendly place. The morning of the cruise we stepped next door(connected to the hotel) to La Madeleine resturant. This was a very pleasant experience and they were faster than a fast food place with the exception, every order is cooked when you order. Very Very inexpensive and the food was exellent. There is also a Wendy's and a Popeye's chicken place withing 50 yards of the hotel.

EMBARKATION: We were suppose to leave the hotel at 11am on the second run of the Limo. BuuuuT the Coast Guard picked This day to pull a surprise inspection of the ship and this delayed the Limo appox and hour and a half. We finally got to the port at 12:45. Due to the new construction going on it was only a 1/2 of a nightmare.
After going through the long lines and getting to the check in, it went very fast. It then slowed down, going from one large room of yellow chairs to another room full of yellow chairs.>BG< We finally stepped on board at 3pm for our first of many photographers. Since we boarded after 2pm, our room was ready to be occupied and we found it with no problem. It was an inside cabin. I want to put your mind at ease about the inside cabins on this ship. It was plenty big enough and had a very large bathroom. It was all in the way it was layed out. We never felt closed in and during the day it is like night time when you turn the lights off. GREAT for napping. We had our all of our luggage by 5pm

More to follow.. I am trying to download some photos in the Gallery but this Computer is slower than maple syrup in January.>BG<

Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Our Cruise Part I

Keep it coming, BJ!!! Bummer about the Coast Guard and their inspection, but we must adjust to their schedule.

Gotta remember the name of your hotel.....Maison St. Charles. Did you book online?

Old December 14th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Admiral

LIsa..I found it online after a suggestion from someone else on the boards and called the 1-800 number..they were very helpful and booked on the phone. No problems what so ever. they did send me a confirmation by email.

Old December 14th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom

thanks bj--keep it coming!
When you check the hotel--you need to book thru the phone and REQUEST the cruise package for the special rates etc.

Old December 14th, 2004, 07:01 AM
VTJen

I'm anxiously awaiting for more...
VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old December 14th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Our Cruise Part I

Keep it coming I just took a look at the pictures. I did not picture you at all like that. It's funny how we perceive someone in our mind and then we look at the picture and we are like "Oh"......Nice pictures!

Post Edited (12-14-04 07:25)
Old December 14th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good start BJ, can't wait to read more...going to check out the pics....

donna

Old December 14th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Oh John the pics are great. Please tell Marsha I loved her formal night dress, and you clean up pretty good too! <VBG>
It certainly looked windy on deck, but that's part of cruising isn't it?
I also loved the Margaritaville pics, I really want to go there one day!

donna

Old December 14th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Big,
Thanks for the appetizer. Can’t wait to get to the soup & salad. Please don’t wait too long. There is that retention problem we all share at this age…uhhh not “that” retention problem but the other one. We’re depending on you, or there is a Depend on you. What ever the case may be…<jk>
Good to have you back buddy!

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old December 14th, 2004, 08:39 AM
First Mate

Great pics BJ!

Robin

Costa Atlantica 3/2004
Brilliance 2/2005
Brilliance 2/2006
Brilliance 2/2007
Explorer 2/2008
Old December 14th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Yeoman

Hey John, I especially like the pics from Margaretaville, I will be going in May. Looks like you had a great time there!

Can't wait to hear about the rest . . . . . . keep it coming . . . . . . .

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old December 14th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Big John, Keep the story coming..!! I will now go look at the photos!