Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Poll: Do you get a Christmas bonus?

Nope,,,no bonus, no pay raise for the last 7 or 8 years, no extra days off, and no cost of living raises, and no partys. They tell us we're lucky to be working. Isn't that nice.
I'd sure like to go to JeanS's party!! I'd loved to have seen Jay Leno. One of my favorites.....That's why we need to cruise 3 or 4 times a year....

Happy Holidays to you all,
Ken

P.S. Just returned from the Splendour of the Seas. A great cruise on an older ship...
Old December 19th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Admiral

I was thinking. (again, very dangerous and somthing that just isn't safe) He we are worried about bonuses for Christmas, and really I guess that is natural and normal, but let's remember those that not only do they not get bonuses for Christmas, but they also have to work and many even risk their lives for the rest of us. I'm thinking Nurses who work hard including holidays and nights, Police and Fireman who also are 'on duty' 24/7 and there is no such thing as a holiday and are risking their very lives. Let's also not forget our Servicemen and women that are also away from home risking it all for the benefit of others. Most of all, let us know forget that Christmas is the day that has been chosen to celebrate the birth of a child that the Christian world considers their Lord and Savior.
Can I get an Amen! <G>
Jim

Old December 19th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Admiral

You are absolutel right, Jim! Let us not forget out brave men & women who are so far from home. Hubby & I sent some hand held video games that even have flip cover lids on them (I hear there's a lot of blowing sand over there!) so help ease the time. We also bought some toys for some foster children that my organization sponsers. The pictures they took from last year of this kids, standing there holding hands looking at all of the gifts, was enough to move you to tears.

I recall one year when we were younger someone left a box of gifts on our porch. We didn't have much, my mom was a single mom raising 4 kids, and it touched me that someone cared enough to do that.

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old December 20th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Poll: Do you get a Christmas bonus?

no bonus for either of us and working on Christmas!