Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Good Friday Morning

Good morning, CM's! It's 9:13 p.m. here in Southern California. All week, temps in the 80's.

Keith and I are on the mend. So it's onward and forward, albeit somewhat stumblingly.

Well, it took almost all day to get two parts for the furnace. One of the biproducts of Keith's seizures is that he doesn't know where places are. He think's he does, but he doesn't. In Arizona, where he should have known from lifetime experiences where places were, he didn't. Today in SoCal) was no exception. After this, we check where we're going before we go, unless I know the location. Anyway, the furnace got two Christmas presents: a pulley and a belt. It wears a 44 <VBG>!

When the repairs were done, Keith could not get up. His knee collapsed, he said. He nearly fell into a stucco wall. I finally got him up with a walker and a chair for him to slide into. After this, any more problems with the furnace, we call a repair man.

More Christmas shopping today.

TGIF< CM's!
Judy
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Good Friday Morning

Good morning Judy and all the CM's to follow.

Yesterday was a bad one for me - my back gave out and I essentially had to rest most of the day.....but since I had some christmas shopping to do I HAD to get out and do some....and I think I overdid it just a little. Paid for it this evening, but as of now the pain has lessend to a dull ache and hopefully I will be able to work the next few days. My last day off before Christmas is next Tuesday, so that is the day I must wrap all this stuff (and ship out the final out of town gift.) I am thinking that the Christmas cards will be replaced by e-cards this year (yeah, I know it is tacky, but right now it is all I feel I can do!) Christmas has snuck up so fast this year - I have never been so unprepared!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day!

Old December 17th, 2004, 01:44 AM
Admiral

Good Friday evening from Wellington, NZ.
Nice and barlmy 19 degrees C here today with no snow! |-).
Lovely day to get a sun burn.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old December 17th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! It is 28 here in NH's Lakes Region. The weatherbug is telling me it will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. Nothing planned for today except housework and grocery shopping. Have a great day all.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old December 17th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Angela Z,

Good morning from Orlando where we'll be back to 70 degrees today but expecting another cold shot later in the weekend.....at least it makes it feel like Christmas!
Angela Z.
Old December 17th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a regular "heat wave" around here...it's 32F!! But the wind is whipping around, so the wind chill brings the temps back down. This is my last day of work until the week after Christmas, so I get to do some industrial strength shopping starting tomorrow. I'll spend 3 or 4 hours at the mall tomorrow while I wait to get my truck serviced. Something to look forward to...somewhat akin to a root canal. <G>

Hope everyone has a great day and a fabulous weekend.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 17th, 2004, 06:10 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All
Its a frosty 25 here in Ga; warming to about 60. Its Friday & I'm off Mon. One party tonight & 2 tomorrow. Hopefully we will get all the little stuff left to do this weekend & can relax & enjoy next week.
Hope everyone has a good day & a great weekend.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old December 17th, 2004, 06:53 AM
VTJen

Good Morning

It warmed up a little today, and it is now snowing. At least it is pretty outside. Another cold wave will be sweeping in and it should be 0 tonight.

My son's concert was enjoyable last night, his solo went well and we got home by 9:30.

Today my friend and I will assemble about 140 christmas bags for all the children at our church. They have some sweet treats as well as age appropriate books and small toys. It is a lot of work, but the kids look forward to it every year. Each year I say I'm not doing it again - as we have to start in August ordering the stuff for the bags. And we have to figure out each age group and how many in that group. But then August rolls around and I feel bad, so I start the process all over again.

Also tonight is the Church Council Christmas Party. The Councilmen, their wives and the Pastor and wife and Asst. Pastor will all meet at the Church for a potluck. Then to our newly constructed Parsonage for gift exchange and fellowship. Again, I volunteered to do the decorating. Unfortunately the room I had planned on using is a huge mess because of the Childrens Christmas play on Sunday - costumes, sets. lighting. So now I have a huge challenge as I have to use a Sunday School room and none are really sized right to make it comfortable and cozy. I don't know how to try and hide some of the stuff that is in them for supplies and such that can't be moved out. I also have to make my meatballs and prepare a shrimp platter - my contributions to the potluck. I also have to finish up a little office work. It will be a long day.

Tomorrow looks to be a little calmer.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old December 17th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Friday Morning

Good morning mates...Lisa I sure hope your back is getting better...maybe heat will do some good?
Today we are going to see the "Unfortunate Events" movie around noon and after that I am picking up the food at the Honey baked Ham Comany. I tried to make chocolate dipped strawberries yesterday but it did not work. I need to get some other strawberries today. Last night I did not feel well all of the sudden..the anxiety bug is trying to sneak in.Not a good time right now! I went to bed and woke up a few times. I am okay today and I am praying I will hold up. Only with the grace of God that's for sure!

I wish I could take the bonus and get us on a Christmas cruise. But we need to pay bills, put some away and the kids want Christmas at home. Next week I need to go Christmas shopping ..it will be busy.

Okay, this is my report for today. Have a wonderful day mates

Old December 17th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Everybody,
It's 8AM-Already????? .It's 54ish and overcast here in Avon Park FL. As Angela Z reported, we'll get up to 70ish today but then the bottom will drop out by Sunday afternoon. How cold we'll get next week depends on that big cold front heading east and hooking up with the low pressure that will form off the East Coast. It will rest on how strong the Low Pressure will be and where it will be.
The New Orlean Saints are due to play the Tampa Bay Bucanneers on Sunday in Tampa at 4PM.The forecast calls for chilly/windy/blustery.Then the sun goes down by the second half. Sounds like Buffalo Bills weather,Eddie!!

Take care,my friends. We have a group of 1st grade carolers "entertaining and mingling" with my assisted living folks at 9:30 this morning during our coffee hour. I alerted the Nurse last night so she and the Staff will be prepared and have more residents up and moving by that hour! Then the kids head over to the Health Care Center. (nursing home). Tis the season!!!
Bye. Lynne
PS. We haven't done any Christmas shopping yet. Hubby and I are inclined to give our families with kids a check and let them by for themselves this year. No time or interest. Plus, we just spent a big wad in Ft. Lauderdale last week.

Old December 17th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from a cold, snowy Montreal. Yes, MORE of the white stuff. Today I am taking a "day off" from the hospital visits, and accompanying my son's Gr. 11 class on a fieldtrip. They are visiting Montreal's TV station CFCF to help sort and distribute tons of food, toys, and clothing that the station has been collecting for the less fortunate of our city. Afterwards they will be given a tour of the TV staion and a pizza lunch. I am very much looking forward to this, partly to spend the time with my son for a change, and partly to meet local on-air personalities. Of course, I will be visiting my mom later in the day.....good news is we're starting prepartions to bring her home for Christmas!

donna

Old December 17th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The Boston are had some snow squalls, go through this morning amd the roads are slick, and accidents everywhere..I need to go out to get some beads, but will have to wait till the sun melts the roads...

Lisa , sorry to hear about your back..join the club Judy you must put your furnace on the slim fast diet!! Hope it's going to be a good day for all the Cruisemates
Old December 17th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Yeoman

Happy Friday everyone. My daughter & I did some power shopping yesterday. 7 hours at the mall. We did take an extended lunch break though, and my son came & met us for lunch which was great. We got lots done and I finally feel as if I'm getting somewhere! Unfortunately the day ended with me taking my husband to the hospital. He went to play hockey and his asthma kicked in as soon as he got on the ice. He managed to get home, but then I took him to the emergency room. Some good inhalers and he was much better. The worst part was that he was scared, which makes me realize how serious it was. I told him to never do that again!
I hope you all have a great day,
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old December 17th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Goood Morrning Mates..Hope all are warm and well..It is in the upper 30's here in wc Ark this morning and seems we are going to have a warming trend(40's)this weekend.but then it is going to dip into the teens by Mon and Tues and they are even talking snow, SNOW for us?..dont belive it.>G< Hope you all have a wonderful Friday and all of you that are doing that last minute shopping..good luck. I havent bought a thing as of yet.

Lisa..I know how you feel with that back problem..get well soon
RollerD..You tell Tyler that I am not only impressed with what he is doing, I am proud of him too. I love to see young people do these type things. He will feel so good later about it.
Judy.hope you and Keith are on the mend now after the furnace fiasco.
Trip..be careful on those slick streets.

Everyone else...Just have a great day and please stay safe.

Old December 17th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates. It's an off day but I'm at work to make up personal time. They're testing the fire alarm, though, and I can't concentrate on anything!!!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old December 17th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
Running a bit late this morning. They actually expect me to do some work! The nerve... Cloudy and slightly warmer today, but getting ready for the big freeze.
Everyone have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old December 17th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Jupiter Fl.

I will be flying out of here tomorrow morning instead of Sunday. I want to beat the cold front out of here. I'll get home to Wi. , and prepare to face the 0 degree weather instead. Jake is flying into Milwaukee tonight ,and I really didn't want to entertain myself down here on Saturday.

Lisa, I'm glad your back is feeling a bit better today. Take care of it and don't push to do too much. You won't be the only one who hasn't gotten it together for Christmas. :-)

Trip, be careful on the roads.

Have a good one all. I'll be pushing the vac, running the washer and getting the place closed up again around here today.

Phyll

Post Edited (12-17-04 10:38)
Old December 17th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

afternoon all,
got back from a VERY cold NYC yesterday so a bit la la still through jet lag! Had a great time and can't wait to go back. Looks like it's going to snow here soon, the sky has gone that funny yellow colour! Going to get our tree tonight and put the lights up.
catch you all later
lexx

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old December 17th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates. "Balmy winter weather continues in Calgary... probably until Monday, with temps near 50 F.

Snow and cold predicted for next week though..so the party is about to end.

Just 6 weeks of winter to get through before I head back to Florida, and the CruiseMates Company Picnic group cruise.

Old December 17th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! Beautiful sunny day here in Palmer, all weather reports are that the storm thats brewing is going out to sea and will miss us, we will just have to wait and see, will probably get slammed. That's just how new england weather is.
Waiting for the UPS driver to show up with RJ's present, they promised i would have it before Christmas, getting a bit anxious, not stalking the UPS driver just yet <VBG>.
Presents are wrapped, cards have been sent,cookies and breads are made, just have to make one more batch of fresh dinner rolls for Christmas dinner and a Pina Colada Cheesecake for dessert. Good thing its all done as i am going to be working nutty hours at Kmart next week, sensible comfy shoes and a brandy after work and i will make it thru.
My boss left for Syracuse to pick up his son at the university this am so work in the office is a bit slow. Hope he doesn't run into any of that nasty lake-effect snow that is so common this time of year.