Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2004, 01:35 PM
salem5050

Default Woman robbed of her baby...

Is the story of the woman who had her baby cut out of her womb one of the worst things you have ever heard? It makes me sick! Does it seem that the news just keeps getting worse? Does it have anything to do with new generation of living and people?
What do you think?

Mary Margaret
Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Woman robbed of her baby...

Though it is a horrible crime, I don't this this is the correct place for that topic.
Old December 19th, 2004, 03:41 PM
salem5050

Here we go again....Ok stxer, as I have said in the past over and over and over...if you do not like the topic, just pass over it, why waste your time leaving negative response about not likeing a topic.... Sheesh...what a world....and it is chit chat right? So guess everyone now is afraid to post something cause they might "rock the boat"?
I always take the news so much to heart, and just worry what the world is coming to and wonder if you all think its something to do with enviroment, food, up bringing, etc....what do you think?

Mary Margaret
Old December 19th, 2004, 04:11 PM
pg

stxer, I have to agree with Mary Margaret, if you don't like this topic pass it over and don't feel the need to police the boards for topics you don't like. It is neither polictical, religous, or racist, so really just ignore it if you don' t like it.

I agree it is a shocking story, I think it is a good warning about not trusting someone you meet online, which is how the poor mother was orignally approached. Also I guess it is not safe to give strangers your address when you run a business out of your home. It is a shame that one has to be so cautious, and as usual someone will note the one in a million chance thing, but , who would have EVER thought that someone would have committed such a crime before it actually happened.
Old December 19th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Though this is a disturbing and disgusting incident, I don't think it has anything to do with society, the environment, or how anyone was raised. Just a case of crazy people doing crazy things, and those have unfortunately been around since the beginning of man.

Old December 19th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Woman robbed of her baby...

Hi Kuki!

I completely concur with your observation. There are crazy people in the world and there will always be horrible stories in the news about sick people doing dastardly crimes.

Nevertheless, I thought this was a forum about cruising, not about general news stories. Of course, I could ignore it and only read the cruise-news as others have suggested. But, there are a zillion websites on the Internet that are dedicated to news. I come here to read about people's cruise experiences - that's why it's called "Cruisemates", not CNN!
Old December 20th, 2004, 07:13 AM
salem5050

Well Stxer, sorry you do not like the forum. But if you have been here any amount of time you will see that there are many topics talked about here in chit chat. Especially good place for prayers for sick, etc. So as I said before, sorry you did not like the topic, but just pass over it. The other places on this board have wonderful topics on cruiseing and I for one love them, they have be so valuable to me learning about what, where and when to cruise.

Mary Margaret
Old December 20th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Every other forum on this message board is about cruising but this one is dedicated to, as Cruisemates states, "Open Forum for what's on your mind. Feel free to say it here"

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 20th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Admiral

In a way this is related simply because we are on the Internet. Seems that the murder victum was contacted via the Internet by the suspect concerning buying a puppy as she was a breeder. This is how the received directions to the victums home and also I might add, how they tracked the suspect down, through the help of those in the chatroom who knew her and who she was talking to. Sadly things like this HAVE occured in the past. We just were not aware of it as much simply because the media was not inclined to pick up these types of storys in the past. Those of us who have or are in the Law Enforcement community or nurses know what horrible things man is capable of doing to other humans. I do believe in my heart that here is a special place in hell for people like that.
Jim

Old December 20th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Passenger

What a horrible thing to happen to the family.Im sure they are torn with saddness at the loss of the young mother and joy over the new life.I have heard of this happening many times.It was even mentioned around the time that Laci Peterson went missing.I just cant imagine how someone could do such a thing,and it is a true blessing from God that the baby is in good health.