Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2004, 11:50 PM
Angela Z,

Default Good Thursday morning!

Good morning from Orlando where we haven't gone to bed yet......have been playing Scene It DVD Disney version.....fun......really should have been cooking for Christmas eve and day but it was more fun to play......there's always later today....I guess after we go see Phantom of the Opera.
Angela Z.
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2004, 02:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Good Thursday morning!

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! It is 3:00 AM and I just can't sleep. 30'F here in NH's Lakes Region. The weatherbug is saying 45 for a high today. I am going to bake some pork pies today. Planning to stay near the phone. I placed some job applications yesterday and hope I hear from some of them. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old December 23rd, 2004, 05:51 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Thursday morning!

Good morning from swfl...we did Christmas shopping yesterday and spend about 4-5 hrs doing so. I am sooooo tired. I woke up at 4am to the thundering noises from my sleeping dh again. Today is more shopping, trip to Sams to buy diapers and food also. I ran out of wrapping paper and need to stop at Wal-Mart.My dh is taking the girls tonight out to get something for me . Tomorrow my dh is off and we are kind of hoping not to do anything. Not sure if this will come true Maybe him and I can get some breakfast somewhere.

Have a good day!

Old December 23rd, 2004, 06:08 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All
Rain in Ga. its warm about 70 & supposed to freeze tonite. i'm off after today for Christmas eve & Christmas day. I'll be out early in the morning for few last minute items; something I always like to do. Just stocking stuffers no major gifts.
Ya'll have a great day; Santa's fueling up the reindeer.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old December 23rd, 2004, 06:27 AM
VTJen

Good Morning

It is very mild out today. We had a little rain yesterday and the snow has begun to melt. The temps are to stay up today. I got most of my baking done yesterday. I hope to finish this morning, then do a major house pick up. I've bought everything I need, everything is wrapped, mailed and ready to be opened. Husband was supposed to get done at noon, but with the high wind advisories that may not come to pass.

Hope you all have a productive day, with lots of fun thrown in as well.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old December 23rd, 2004, 06:51 AM
Passenger

Good morning to all from balmy Pittsburgh. It's 55F at 6am but supposed to be in the teens by this afternoon. This is my last day at work<G> until Tuesday. Down to 17 days 'til we cruise!

I want to wish all you great people the happiest and safest Holidays!!!
Old December 23rd, 2004, 07:08 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hello,
It's 66 here in Avon Park,FL and rain is moving our way from the West Coast. The temps will be falling all day after a high of 74? That sounds high-but it won't be up there for long.
I had a good time at my outgoing bosses Christmas party last night. Lots of laughing. The uncomfortable part for me was that the other staff members, all new, bought and brought presents for everybody, me included, of course. I'd already given the one present I'd purchased to the outgoing boss at work on Tuesday. The rest of us hadn't really exchanged during the season. So, I told them they'd be getting New Year's Presents from me. I've been thinking of something for my new boss all the time but haven't been out to shop. Trevor elected to stay home, probably expecting to be late at the Bank.
I don't see any signs of him up and it's 8:06. This morning I noticed that the old newspapers had been taken to the trash, dishes washed and put away and a load of laundry was done. He was a busy bee. He's used to housekeeping!
Better go. It's getting late. Ah, the light is on in the bedroom. He's up! I bet those of you anticipating cruises are really getting excited now!! Take care. Lynne

Old December 23rd, 2004, 07:16 AM
Yeoman

Happy Thursday everyone! Am I the only one with tons of things left to do? I haven't even started wrapping. I got a new dryer yesterday though. Mine has needed replacing for a long time. It is so much faster, I love it already. My old one was so slow it took 3 hours to do a load of towels. It may not sound exciting to anyone else, but I think it's fantastic!
Keeping good thoughts for those who need them.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old December 23rd, 2004, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Morning everyone! It is a cold morning this a.m. and feels wonderful. 99.9% of Christmas shopping done. Getting ready for several family members arriving for the holidays. Gotta get that wassail pot ready and make some pies. Other than that, I am just waiting for the weekend!

Old December 23rd, 2004, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning from frigid WI. Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

I'm feeling pretty good this morning and might just join my friends for breakfast.

Is Christmas really in just a few days? I somehow feel like I've missed a lot of it this year. Rebel, you aren't the only one who isn't ready. I think I'll go back to believing in Santa and let him do it all. No matter, it's a beautiful time of year and I'm going to enjoy it anyway.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Phyll

Old December 23rd, 2004, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Good Thursday morning all, its really yucky outside today. The temps are rising, everything is melting mess and its supposed to rain like crazy this afternoon, looks like we will loose most if not all of our snow.
i think i am all set for the holiday, i don't have to work tomorrow so if anything needs getting done it will get done tomorrow.
Have a great day
Old December 23rd, 2004, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Arizona desert. It feels a little chilly to me, but after hearing on the weather report about the kind of weather most of the nation is getting, I feel very lucky to live where I do!

I'm off work now until Monday. Today will be spent wrapping a few last gifts, doing laundry, and cooking. We're going to Flagstaff tomorrow to spend Christmas with my parents. They live in an assisted living center where they have their own two bedroom apartment. But their little kitchenette doesn't have an oven and is very small, so I'm doing some cooking here and we will reheat in their microwave. We all decided we would rather do that than have Christmas dinner in their community dining room. My brother who lives in Flagstaff is coming down here to the valley with his family to spend Christmas with my sister-in-law's family. My SIL is so gracious! She usually does the holiday dinners at her house since she's the only one in Flagstaff now who can do it. I'm so happy for them that they don't have to go to all that work this year. We will keep things simple at my parents' house. The important thing is just to be together. December 2nd was the 5th anniversary of my mother's stroke, and we give thanks every single day that she was given the chance to spend these last few years with us. We look at every day as a gift.

Merry Christmas my dear friends at Cruise Mates! Happy holiday season to those of you who don't celebrate Christmas.

Old December 23rd, 2004, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It's getting cold in Calgary ! Forecasters are calling for -34 Celsius temps by Monday.. which is around 24 BELOW zero F. HOPE they're wrong!!

Kuki Jr made this dad very proud this week! Got the results of his LSAT exams back yesterday, and scored in the 97% percentile of those who wrote it. Combined with his GPA from his undergraduate degree, should be enough to get him into any number of law schools.

He's still hoping to get into grad school for film production, but at least now has a firm Plan B in place.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 23rd, 2004, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal, where it's dull and melty looking. All the snow has turned to mush and it's supposed to be freezing rain and/or more snow later today. I'm supposed to drive downtown this afternoon for an appointment at the Childrens' Hospital for Tyler , but I think we will cancel due to bad weather. And Nancy, no you are not the only one "not ready"!! I have barely started shopping and haven't even thought about wrapping. Nobody's getting much this year, just a basic gift, no extras - no money and NO time!

donna

Old December 23rd, 2004, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning from SE Wisconsin where it is 6 degrees and the wind chill is -12. And it is supposed to be colder tomorrow! Kuki - you can keep that cold weather up by you!

I hope everyone affected by the storm yesterday to the south and east of me are all safely tucked in their homes and are staying warm.

Have a great day!

Old December 23rd, 2004, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I hope everyone has got most of their errands done. I've got to go down to the church and decorate. I've been putting the lights on the five trees we have in the church for the last 8 or 10 years now. Once you do something for the church, you seem to own it. <G>

We've got our presents under the tree and the cats are mad! They couldn't get underneath and sleep, so I had to move some of the presents. Boy, the things we do for our animals!

This may be the last chance I have to get on the computer before Christmas, so I'd like to wish all of you a very merry and blessed Christmas.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 23rd, 2004, 10:30 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Good Thursday morning!

Good morning from Southern California where the sun shines and it doesn't rain.

Keith and I are officially done with our Christmas preps. Now we have to figure out what to have for dinner on Christmas Eve. Keith always makes huevos rancheros on Christmas morning. Dec. 25 is my birthday, so I don't have to cook

Have a wonderful day, CM's.

Judy
Old December 23rd, 2004, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Okay, it's afternoon here, but that's just Eastern time. I'll be out the rest of this week and all next week so I wish everyone a great Christmas and New Year's.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old December 23rd, 2004, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates from a cold(I think it got down to freezing last night!-sorry Kuki -), foggy Vancouver. I have already made the Poppycock(uh.., is there another word for it?) for my husband with the help of my youngest. 2 or 3 more baking items to do and of course I have barely started wrapping!
I wish everyone well and keep warm and have some fun this Christmas season.
Judy-Happy Birthday- in case I forget/don't make it on the computer in the next few days!!
Nancy-congrats on the new dryer. I thought ours was 'toast' last week, but my husband turned it on its' front', turned it back and whatever was rubbing went back into place! Whew!!
My husband has tomorrow off: Christmas Eve he usually has to work, but due to Xmas being on a Sat. he gets it off and Monday!! :-)
Take care. Bye for now. Brenda in Vancouver