Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Happy Friday Christmas Eve morning

Happy Friday morning all. And for those that celebrate Christmas, good Christmas Eve morning.

For us a busy day. Lots of last minute items to do. Picking up food orders. We do a simple meal on the Eve, soup, salad, snacks, bread and libation of choice. Why bother cooking when someone else will do it for you, as the soup, no hassle, no fuss.

Got the day off, that makes me happy.

Have a great day everyone.

Round trip San Francisco Mex Riv, Mercury May 4, 2005

Sea of Cortez on Ryndam 9-28-2005

Round trip Los Angeles to Hawaii, Summit March 26, 2006

Post Edited (12-24-04 03:21)

Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Happy Friday Christmas Eve morning

Morning Steve, and all to follow. It's 4 a.m. and I can't sleep, so I made myself a snack and here I am. Somehow, all the shopping got done, and even the wrapping, so later today I have nothing special to do other than spend some valuable time with my mom.
Perhaps I will challenge her to a game of Skip-Bo, her favourite!
Wishing you all a Happy, Peaceful and Safe Holiday!

donna

Old December 24th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning All !

Am I the only one still NOT ready for Christmas??? I still have a couple of last minute gifts to purchase, the tree is still not decorated and I only have 3 gifts wrapped which DD did for me last night. No wonder I woke up at 4:15 and couldn't get back to sleep!?! Oh well, I know it will all get done.... I guess I just like a challenge?!?

I hope everyone has a happy holiday!!

Carnival Inspiration Feb 19, 2005
Old December 24th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! It is 30'F already here in NH's Lakes Region. Yesterday it got to 54'F. I thought spring was here!!. Patty goes off to her nephews house for tonight and has Christmas with them. Lane and I will be all alone for Christmas Eve and most of Christmas Day. Sunday we are having Lanes brother and lady friend over for dinner. They are driving here from Gardner Mass. I hope the weather stays good. Have a great day everyone.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old December 24th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning, friends! So Christmas is really here? It sure came fast, didn't it? Believe it or not, I am going to venture to the mall first thing this morning. Seems I bought a pair of pants for my son in-law....they were supposed to be 32-30, but when I got home, I saw they are 30-32. I don't think that will work. So while I am there, I might as well drop off a gift for my hairdresser. Then I have an eye appointment right down the street at 9:20. Then it is back home to finish wrapping just a few small gifts and off to church. I wish you all a beautiful day tomorrow.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 24th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

My rotten puppy woke me up.much too early, so Here I am..I have to go to Marshalls for a refund today, than it's back to clean, bake, shampoo rugs, and Aiden proof the house..This adorable anklebiter will be with us this weekend, and I cannot wait to kiss his sweet face..Yesterday,I bought a fabulous winter coat, at an even more fabulous price, today it may just be cold enough to wear it..Way down from the 59 degrees of yesterday..Well, shop like you mean it, if you need to, to all others, rest, get ready to rock and roll ....Wishing you a happy holiday..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 24th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

TGIF and wishing you all A very Merry Christmas and happy holidays. It is a very foggy morning, so will just curl up with my coffee and relax. Prime rib and yorkshire pudding is on the menu for tonight.! Enjoy the wonderful weekend.

Jeanne
Old December 24th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi There,
It's approx 61 degrees and very overcast/misty here in Avon Park,FL. I don't think we're going to see the sun for 2-3 days. Presumably, it will be a wet Christmas afternoon tomorrow.
I just sent Hubby off to work. It seems strange to have to move MY car for him to get his out of the garage first. I do have today off, as the holiday day, but, I elected to go in until noon so I could do my regular TGIF Coffee and Tunes time with my Assisted Living folks. Some of them are so in tune with routine, while others would sleep right through the weekend if we let them. It also gets me out and about.
It's an old excuse but I'm going to use it--Christmas came too fast for me this year and I haven't had the chance to get out and shop! I only had a year to do it! . This fall has really messed several of us up, with the hurricanes, etc, and I believe I'm in the group that is sustaining a touch of post traumatic stress. Also, there have been many changes with a new boss coming in, while the outgoing one is still sharing the office with us.Now his last day will be January 7 instead of Dec. 31 (he has to take down all the Christmas decorations he and his elves put up!).I will be moving to a new "space" upstairs next week. Too much at once!
This afternoon I anticipate doing some shopping-little stuff.Hubby and I have been spending practically all fall, and our biggest expenditure was the 3 1/2 days in Ft. Lauderdale when we were there with my son, Jamie, Dec8-11.The newest cost comes with the purchase of work shirts and new ties for Trevor for his bank position. He does look pretty snazzie, though! We don't need anything for ourselves. Christmas cards for people are still in my purse!
So, have a great Christmas Eve. I'll be singing with the choir at our evening service tonight.Bundle up those of you in the snow belt!! Take care. " I'm dreaming of a nice cruise, just like the one's that've come before" (to the tune of White Christmas). Lynne

Old December 24th, 2004, 07:17 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

The baking is now done, all that is left to cook is what I need to bring for Christmas dinner, so I'll be doing that on Christmas morning. Today I must power clean the house, deliver a few presents, bring son's girlfriend shopping, and be at my in-laws at 4:30. We will eat an early dinner. Then my MIL and her grandchildren and youngest daughter will leave for Church to prep for the music (the church is right next door). I always feel abit strange because it is not our church and then the kids come in and take over, but my MIL is in charge of the music. They don't seem to have many able or willing so she relies on the grandkids to help out on Christmas Eve.

After mass we troop back to the house, eat a bunch of desserts/snacks and visit. Then we open presents, load the cars and arrive back home about midnight.
Then it's time to fill the stockings and head to bed. I never sleep on Christmas Eve night. I don't know why. I'm tired - just too wired I guess.

I hope all of you who have to travel have safe journeys.

A very happy day to you all.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old December 24th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Angela Z,

Good morning from Orlando where I just have a few things to do....like pick up around the house, wrap a gift that FINALLY arrived yesterday,and put the last touches on some homemade ornaments that my daughter and I have made for a friend.
My brother and his fiancee are coming over from Largo today. We're going to visit our dad and also go to the Morse Museum in Winter Park to see the Tiffany glass.
Dinner tonight will seem odd to only be 7 at the table instead of the usual 15-20. My sister and her husband moved to California this year so we'll be without his family. And my dad doesn't leave the Alz. unit so it's going to be a quiet Christmas.
Felix Nativitas!
Angela Z.
Old December 24th, 2004, 08:29 AM
First Mate

Morning All
Its off to pick up a few last things; back home to make all kinds of food. Its a wonderful day.
I am very happy to be off today & tomorrow; my thoughts & prayers for you that are working the holidays.
Ya'll have a great day.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old December 24th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI where the themometer outstide says -6. BRRRRRRR! I'm not going outside that door today. At least the sun is shining.

Jake should be in later this afternoon and then have next week off which will be very nice. Kelly decided to cook us a lasagna for our Christmas meal. That will be a first, but I'm looking forward to it.

I slept through most of yesterday and last night. The chemo is over for now, and it's not quite as bad as the first round was. For that I'm thankful.

I hope you all have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and enjoy the holidays.

Phyll

Old December 24th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Oddly the temps for today and tomorrow in Calgary are expected to be in the 40s F.. not too bad. BUT then in the MINUS 30 range by Sunday.

Hope all our cruisemates have a wonderful holiday with their families, and if I had one wish right now, I'd wish that all our ill cruisemates get a Christmas miracle!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 24th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:
I just got back from breakfast with my sister. I will wrap two gifts today, do some standard house cleaning and make a couple of dishes for tomorrow. Betty will make lasagna (Phyll, we're on the same menu) for our Christmas Eve supper. She will be working so I'll try to leave her some.

Trip: We never had to grandchild proof the house. It was already "Mike proofed". :-)

I hope everyone gets what they need for Christmas. For me that will be a hug, a kiss and hearing the noise of family in the house.

Take care and Merry Christmas,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 24th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good Christmas Eve Morning from SE Wisconsin - Mike, I think you guys left the freezer door open - it is only 0 right now. Doing some light housekeeping today before heading off to work this afternoon - tomorrow the rest of the siblings will come over and we will spend the day with my Dad.

Have a great day everyone!

Old December 24th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Happy Friday Christmas Eve morning

Good morning from sunny but chilly Southern California where we're finally talkin' rain for Monday.

I tried to get on the Internet to post at 5:30 a.m. CA time, but couldn't get on, so I'm late again. I have laundry and errands to do today. I made a big batch of beef stew last night. Should be even better tonight.

Tomorrow, Keith and I will open gifts in the morning and then to go relatives later in the day for more gift opening and dinner. I'm told that prime rib is on the menu and a triple chocolate birthday cake. Yum!

I wish a safe, happy Christmas Eve for all my CM's.

Judy
Old December 24th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Good late morning CruiseMates from a warm(?11degrees Celsius about) Vancouver.Supposed to rain tomorrow and MAYBE a touch of snow Sunday-we are hoping for the snow!!
We have been out for breakfast, bought a few last minute things at the local stores and then I just sent my husband to the big grocery store(poor him!!) to buy my sister(who lives here in Vancouver) an amaryllis. I told my middle sister I would;my Mum used to buy my sisters one every year. I stopped getting one from her as the one I would plant would be severely neglected!!lol A bit more wrapping, and prep to do and then I will have to be ready. We usually just have snacks/party food for Xmas Eve.
I wish everyone here at Cruise Mates a very Merry Christmas!!
Bye for now. Take care. Best wishes from Brenda in Vancouver(who will be on her cruise in less than a month!!! )