CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Do You Sneak a Peek? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/271248-do-you-sneak-peek.html)

Trip December 29th, 2004 06:15 PM

Do You Sneak a Peek?

Do you wander by the dining room during the day,[probably right after you eat lunch] to check out the dinner menu ? If you are like my husband, you do. There is no mystery when he sits down:)So are you a peeker, or a surprise me, kind of diner?

jack124 December 29th, 2004 06:18 PM

Re: Do You Sneak a Peek?

i am not a surprise man. i need to know asap so i can plan where i would like to dine.

Cruizin K and J December 29th, 2004 06:22 PM

Re: Re: Do You Sneak a Peek?

Mostly, I like to be surprised, but once in while, I peek.

Judy

Donna December 29th, 2004 06:46 PM

If we happen to be close to the dining room during the day, we'll take a look too.

Jeanne&Ellis December 29th, 2004 07:39 PM

Almost always sneak a peak. We might decide to eat elsewhere that evening.

dot December 29th, 2004 08:28 PM

I have to find out asap whats on the menu in the dining room since Im a very finicky eater! I know most of you wont believe this,but I seldom find anything I really like to eat in the dining room except for the desserts! My hubby on the other hand LOVES just about everything.He loves fancy and I love plain.I have to tuff it out on lobster night,as I dont eat that OR the prime rib! I know I know...good thing I dont cruise to eat!

Paul B December 29th, 2004 08:34 PM

I AWAYS check the dinner menu!

TIA December 29th, 2004 09:03 PM

I am going on a cruise 03/05, I am very picky eater, I dont like gravy's or sauces
because I know it is used to cover inferior meat. I will check menu before
going in.

Reen December 29th, 2004 09:13 PM

We will sneak a peak if we are in the area.

kris12 December 29th, 2004 11:35 PM

Peeker!!

Lisa December 30th, 2004 12:31 AM

Peeker!

Tia - you can always ask for the sauces and gravies to be held........and there are always pasta dishes, etc. to be had and they are very good!

bigjohn461 December 30th, 2004 05:41 AM

I am for sure a Sneaker and a Peeker..>G<

fasteddie December 30th, 2004 06:05 AM

Peeker--no. Drooler--Yes! We usually check out the menu so that we can plan what we are going to have. I have to be careful of what I eat, so a little planning goes a long way to avoid problems later.

Ed

dezertcruzer December 30th, 2004 07:03 AM

Wow! I'm really in the minority here! I never go look. I know there's always going to be good stuff to eat, so I just go to the dining room and get surprised!

Mermaid December 30th, 2004 07:55 AM

Good question Trip!

Okay, sometimes I'm a peeker. Don't know why though, because I always eat in the dining room in the evening. I do like to check the lunch menu from time to time as well, as I like to try to eat there for lunch once or twice as well.

Phyllbo December 30th, 2004 10:02 AM

I'll take a peek if I think about it or happen to be going by the dining room. Unless we are going to the specialty restaurant, we always eat in the dining room. I've never worried about finding something I like on the menu.

Phyll

Set2cruz December 30th, 2004 10:04 AM

No one has ever accused me of being a peeker, but when it comes to the dinner menu, you bet I am. this way I can get my drool glands going. {{grin}}

Post Edited (12-30-04 12:55)

Mike M December 30th, 2004 11:01 AM

My wife ALWAYS checks the dining room menu. She will make a special trip to do so.

On most days we are on the ship at lunch time we will go down and check out the dining room menu for lunch and most often we end up eating there instead of in the buffet.

Take care,
Mike

MaryLou December 30th, 2004 05:39 PM

I have to admit, I like to know ahead of time ....so I usually sneak a peek.

HappyCruiser383 December 31st, 2004 07:26 AM

I'm with Dot! I don't like that fancy food. Just give me a steak! I learned to just simply ask for a steak, even though it's not on the menu (this in itself will probably start another discussion).

My husband will want to try everything on the menu. He doesn't peek because he knows it's all good stuff. Heck, my 9 year old will tell him to taste something and he doesn't even look at it!

MichelleP December 31st, 2004 10:50 AM

I love to peek. The dinners are one of the highlights of cruising for me.

Cheers,
Michelle P.