Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:14 AM
FrankP

Default Southwest Airlines

Has anyone had problems with southwest airlines or other airlines. We are sailing on the Mariner on Apr. 17. and we are flying out that morming. After the holiday fiasco, we dont want to get caught up in something not of our doing
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Re: Southwest Airlines

I've always had a fine experience on Southwest.
You could tune into A&E on Monday nights at 8 to watch Airline which follows the trials and tribulations of Southwest passengers.....just be sure to get to the airport early!
Angela Z.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Mickeymom923

Cancelled US Air and flew with Southwest for the first time on Dec 17th and Dec 24th when the Philly fiasco started. I loved it and will always fly Southwest. The flight attendants were great and made the flight fun and were so nice and friendly. While people were waiting hours for their luggage in Philly due to US Air, we had our luggage within 20 minutes from Southwest. The people from Southwest said they love their job and it shows. Have a great trip.

P.S. I always fly to Florida the day before a cruise because you don't know if there is any delays etc.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Frank,

Southwest has a good record overall, from my observations, and its service to and from Orlando International (45 minutes from Port Canaveral) is no exception. For more info about SWA & Orlando, go to this website:

www.rapidrewards.info/cities/mco.html

Jack

Post Edited (01-02-05 11:11)
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old January 2nd, 2005, 02:27 PM
Passenger

We always flew NWA until last May when their prices were so high and we found a terrific price on SWA..of course they had just start their routes to Florida. Well they have continued with the great prices. Get there early..there are no assigned seats. When you arrive they give you an A,B,or C ticket. As you can guess, the A's get on first, etc.
We were A's on our flight out and C's on our flight back and had no problems sitting together.
The crew was fantastic, always cracking jokes. Like: all electrical equipment must be turned off for take off and yes gentlemen that includes you nose hair clippers! Even at the airports jokes were flying over the P.A. system....like: Willy Wonka meet your party in baggage. The ompa loompas are waiting for you.
I was a little distressed at the possiblity of not sitting with my husband but all worked out. As a matter of fact, we are with SWA for our flight to Ft.Lauderdale, to our next cruise on Feb. 26th. Great price; rt from detroit to lauderdale $347 total for two!
Good Luck
mickig
Old January 2nd, 2005, 05:07 PM
booboo4031

Southwest now has online check-in. So it makes it much easier to get the 'A' boarding passes. You can check in 1 minute after midnight on the day of your flight and you can print your boarding passes. It makes life much easier.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 05:58 PM
venice

one of the greatest advantages of Southwest over almost every other carrier is high frequency of flights per day between cities so if they have a problem with a flight they have a greater flexibility to recover quicker than others
Old January 2nd, 2005, 06:56 PM
Passenger

I love SW! The crew is always great.Had one flight that the pilot sang to us! And,he was really good!
Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

How come whenever we fly with them the crew dosent crack jokes or make us laugh!?

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old January 3rd, 2005, 12:20 AM
pg

Ffrom watching that show( Airline) I have two things to say!!!

Don't try and board drunk!
Get there early and make sure your paperwork is in order!
Old January 3rd, 2005, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Southwest is the BEST airline we've ever flown....a couple of years ago we got stuck in Albequerque due to the southern California fires, and they did EVERYTHING they could to accomodate us, hotel, meals, and personally assigning someone to us to help storing my husband's wheelchair, getting him extra medication (now he FINALLY listens to me about bringing extra!!) and anything else they could do to help us thru a situation that wasn't their fault....

The people there are the BEST!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old January 3rd, 2005, 04:07 PM
First Mate

Just leave the day before the cruise we did it was the best decision we ever made. I will always leave out the day before I cruise.

splendor of the seas