Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Wonderful day

What a wonderful day we had yesterday, New Years Day.

Slept late after staying up late on New Years Eve. Wonderful Progressive dinner we had. Visited 3 homes in our neighborhood and all had scoumeous food (sp). Delicious it was.

Then Yesterday Gaile and Harry (Tweety and Da Coot) came over. We had a long talk bringing up memories of our cruises then out to Dinner. Had a nice meal at Olive Garden. Then back home again and continued our talks.

Gaile and Harry are looking for a location in the Orlando Area to move. Selecting the location is primary then a house to buy. We hope they find one and will be able to pack up and move down from Long Island. We will be be meeting them again on Tuesday.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2005, 12:27 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Wonderful day

Sounds like you did, indeed, have a nice day. I admire Gail and Harry for taking on a relocation. I can't imagine making a move like that.; too much uprooting for me, but I wish Gail and Harry well and good luck in their search.

Judy
Old January 2nd, 2005, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Ray.. a nice way to start off a new year.... visiting with good friends, and cruise reminiscing.

When you see Gaille and Harry again this week give em a big hug for us!

Hoping a move to Florida will be the beginning of a much better year for them than 04 was.

Old January 2nd, 2005, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Sounds wonderful, Ray. I wish a lot of Cruismates lived around here in San Antonio. As a bit of contrast, we had wonderful home made beef stew on New Year's eve and watched all the celebrations on television.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Sounds like a great way to start the year. Glad we're having great weather and hope Tweety and daCoot find a great place.
We'll have to get together!
Angela Z.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Ray,
What a wonderful day, be sure to say "Hi" to Tweets for us when you see her on Tuesday.....hopefully they have had some good luck in the house hunting in Orlando.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 2nd, 2005, 05:20 PM
Admiral

Ray, what a wonderful way to start off the New Year! Nothing like a visit with good friends to make a "Happy Day". I think I should look up some good friends and extend an invite, thanks for the idea!

donna

Old January 3rd, 2005, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Nice to hear about your Wonderful Day, Ray.

Say hi to Tweety and Harry when you see them on Tuesday.

Phyll

Old January 3rd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Ray and Helen,
I remember the nice time we had with you two and the gang in Orlando. I'm sure you had a super day with Gaille and Harry. If anyone can find them a nice location, you can. Then, I hope we're invited to the annual get-together again so we can meet them.The four of you must have had several cruising stories to share.

We visited my mother and stepfather in Englewood,FL on New Year's Day which was a nice time. On Sunday I went to church, then to Walmart, then vegged out the rest of the day watching football games! Trevor studied his banking materials, after doing some things around the house-inside and out.

Take care. We think of you often.Thanks for the Greetings at Christmas! Lynne