Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2005, 06:09 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning..It's Friday!!!!

Good morning from sunny Florida! I have not posted much this week. My dh car broke down and needed a new starter. My car needs a new starter also and it will be ordered today. Our taxes went up and our escrow bill states our mortgage bill will increase by $200 per month. This sounds very fishy and we have to call City Hall next week. I have been on my diet since monday and lost so far 8.5 lbs wow! Radical change in diet and my daily 3 mile walks have gotten me this far. But I am grumpy so I stayed away from here.

Daughters boyfriend got the job as a restaurant manager and he is starting traning end of this month in Orlando. We managed to get him a place to stay near by with some young men who are all christians. The boyfriend should get here next week and he will work with someone my dh knows until the end of the month.

My dad called yesterday and told me they are not coming and instead booked a trip to Egypt <again for the like 20's time> I was pretty down there for a while. But he cant make the long flight here. Tonight my "other" in-laws are visiting. After coming to FL here last week they finally made a call to us..

Phyll, the MRI is great news. I am so happy for you and Jake. Maybe now you can plan a cruise? No cruises for us, have to get to Germany in the summer which will cost us an arm and a leg

Be blessed mates and have a good day!

Post Edited (01-07-05 05:19)
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Angela Z,

Default Re: Good Morning..It's Friday!!!!

Good morning from Orlando. This is the first full week I've worked since Thanksgiving....seems like it lasted forever!
Angela Z.
Old January 7th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning Sue, Angela and all the CM's to follow. TGIF. I really need a weekend without work...this might just be it! I do have some fun planned for the weekend though. Tomorrow is my annaul "tea" with my daughter and her best friend and then on Sunday my hubby and I and two friends are going to see Tim Conway and Harvey Korman. That should be a riot. There is talk of them doing a new show next year and probably including Carol Burnett. I think we could use a show like that again. The weather is bearable here in the "Burgh". Just wet and still flooding worries. You all take care. Hey, we all made it through the first full week of 2005!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 7th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! It is a chill 30F here in NH's Lakes Region. It is supposed to warm up to a nice 38 here today. That is a pleasant change from yesterdays mixed bag of snow, sleet and freezing rain. Not much planned for today, I am going to check out two new job leads this morning. Have a great day all.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 7th, 2005, 06:37 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All
It is a sad day in our community; a train crashed yesterday morning across the the river from us in a small mill town in South Carolina. The wreck caused a tanker car to rupture spilling chlorine gas. The area was evacuated but the emergency people canot get into the area. At least 8 have died from this deadly cloud. It is still spilling gas into the air.
At least the winds have been favorable as not to blow the gas into Augusta & hurt a larger population.
The weather is spring here; hope ya'll have a great day & a fun weekend.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old January 7th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Only 3 weeks until we are "leavin on a jet plane"...but who's counting? Got the sloppy snow cleaned off the driveway, just in time for another storm that's supposed to drop 3" of snow.

Hope everybody has a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 7th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. What a lousy day yesterday ended up being. The snow plow hit our portable basketball hoop that was in front of our house. They tried to tell me it was in the street until I showed them the bare spot on my driveway were the hoop has been for 12 years. They claim that they're not sure if the town is responsible for the damages to it. A supervisor did come to my house to take pictures. We'll have to wait and see what happens. The bright side to this story is the damage to the town's brand new truck. The mirror on the truck actually caught the basketball net, the driver was alittle too close to my property. (we don't have sidewalks) This caused the mirror to pull away from the truck along with the entire side fiberglass panel of the door. The two plow guys had to bungee cord the door and mirror to the top of the truck. They nicely told me the town is resposible for the damage to the truck. Well, duh!!!! Like I was going pay for their stupidity. Oh, well.

Today is cold, gloomy and everything is icy. I just keep thinking about leaving for Tampa next week. Good news is, no snow in Tampa. Bad news, taking both my kids back to school at the University of Tampa.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.

Cheryl C.
Old January 7th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
Just a minute ago (it seems) it was 7:55AM. Now, it's going on 8:03! It's sunny here in Avon Park,FL with the predicted temp to rise to 82.
Nothing on the agenda today.Tonight I have no where to go, so that is my good news.
Take care Everybody. It's time for me to go to work. Lynne

Old January 7th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Good Morning..It's Friday!!!!

An early good mornoing from Southern California where the monsoons have started. Rain the next five days.

Keith's brother, Wendell, is now home after seven months in the hospital. As I posted earlier, he came home for one day. This is recommended for people who have been away for a while to see how they acclimate and find out if there are physical problems that need to be resolved. Anyway, Wendell is happy to be home permanently, although there will be frequent trips back to Good Sam Hospital for physical therapy.

Everyone have a good Friday. Drive safely!

Judy
Old January 7th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning and TGIF. Another busy day today. Just 3 weeks until I cruise, though, and we're also thinking about taking a 4-day in May. Good times!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 7th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning All !

What a mess we had yeaterday, weather wise. Today the sun is shining and hopefully the snow will start melting, to get ready for the mess they are predicting for tomorrow. Not much going on for me today, just work!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Carnival Inspiration Feb 19, 2005
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi from sunny Boston,tomorrow will be another story though..I have got to go to the dentist to pick up my exray..Leave it to me to need a root canal, that is above and beyond, what is usual.After getting the news yesterday, I took my frustrations out on making the window treatments,,jabbing with pins is a good thing..I finished another book, so the library is on my list. My plate is full this month, and I wish I was writing February on my checks!!! I will stop whining now..have a good one!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 7th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Morning Cruisers! Even though it has been a short, 4 day work week for me, I AM ready for the weekend. Not much on the agenda for the weekend....a few errands, and helping my daughter get some more packing done-hopefully they will be moving soon!

Ya'll stay warm and dry,

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Yeoman

A very late good morning. Have a great day & a wonderful weekend everyone.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! We're freezing our "butz" of in Calgary! Major winter storm hit yesterday. Not all that much snow, but with high velocity freezing winds, it created white out conditions.

And the forecasters say it's going to get worse! :_(

With wind chills, we could see 25 BELOW zero temps today. 19 days to suffer until I'm out of here!

Old January 7th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all, (it's officially 12:14p.m.). I'm late posting today because I had an early appt. at the hospital for an ultrasound, now I'm home for lunch, then back out to another hospital for a follow-up with my son!
The sun is shining bright, but there's alot of snow to clean up. It's -8C, not too bad.
For those who are wondering, Mom is still doing well, eating well, and in good spirits!
Have a good weekend everyone!

donna

Old January 7th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Good morning from a very windy, cold(few degrees below freezing),SNOWING some more Vancouver. No plans for today until later this afternoon when the girls have Ballet Festival practices! Walked to school again today, as I thought the roads would be slippery-they weren't then! Have to work tomorrow , but I will phone them and tell them I will not risk my life/my car's life to get to work on-time. Not many outpatients go to the labs on bad weather days here in the Vancouver areas anyways. There is one person who is working tomorrow who lives closer than me to work!
Yesterday my 7 yr.old had a tooth pulled out at the dentist office as her permanent one on top was almost all the way in and was coming in behind her bottom teeth when she closed her mouth. She had the numbing stuff and then the Dentist gave her 'a pinch'-I wonder if she knew it was needle of novocaine?! Then they just wiggled it out quite quickly. She is quite tough-didn't really bother her too much. I felt a bit 'woozy' though!!
So Trip- I sympathize with you having to have a root canal. I have never had one, but my husband has had root canals and LOTS of dental work. I always try and think to myself when getting dental work done:'I am lucky to be able to have this done and not have my teeth painfully rot out of my jaw!!' Also helped onetime when I had a crown done, I took a 'walkman' and listened to some soothing music. My husband carves walking sticks;did your husband just get a plain one?
CherylC-bummer about the snowplow accident!!
Jim&Leslie-sorry to hear about the railcar accident. We live near a big rail 'depot' area-I sure hope they never have an accident here!
Bye for now. Take care. Brenda in Vancouver!
Old January 7th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good afternoon from frozen Kansas. We've had devastation here. With the freezing rains, all of our trees have broken branches and a lot of people have power outages. We've had electric crews from Texas, Missouri, Iowa, W. Virginia - all coming to help. I think they said about 230,000 people over the State of Kansas was without power. Luckily ours never was off. Some people have died due to having generators in their homes - overcome by carbon monoxide. Gov. of Kansas toured yesterday and estimated about $11 million in damage! Yikes!

We've had to cancel our cruise in March. DH's company laid off about 20% of their workforce and he was one of them. But I'm confident he'll find something else, therefore a cruise just isn't in our budget DD and boyfriend are still going, so hopefully they have a great time. We have already bought our airlines tickets, so maybe we'll be able to use them in the future.

Phyll, that's great news!! Hope everyone else has good news too!

Take care - Jan