Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Admiral

Default January cruise blues

Maybe it's because I sailed the first time in January, but I am suddenly just OBSESSED with cruise thoughts! I honestly don't think I'll be able to wait until our September cruise.

Maybe actually booking that Sept. cruise will help, but I have begun to scour the ads for a short cruise sooner than September.

Maybe it's the new Carnival commericals.

Maybe it's the long stretch until spring, but I am just itching to get onboard.

I've dragged out my Fodors and my Frommers, looked at MORE travel books in Borders today and am starting to pour over my brochures again.

I've got it baaaad.....Is there a certain time of year you get the cruise blues more than another time?

dorothy

Post Edited (01-08-05 19:46)

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: January cruise blues

Dorothy - I get the blues all year long - especially when my next cruise is more than a month away! lol I say get a short 3 day cruise in before the big one in the fall.....but be warned that those 3 day cruises are just way too short! I have vowed never again!

Old January 8th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Admiral

Dorothy, for me it has something to do with the endless weeks of minus zero temperatures, the snow shovelling, the ice scraping, the fact that my Fall cruise was cancelled and there is not another to look forward to....yeah, I've got it bad too!

donna

Old January 9th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

My "blues" season seems to be January1-December 31. I am always looking, dreaming and researching cruises, flights and hotels.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 9th, 2005, 08:59 AM
cruisinKandJ.

My blues will start after Easter when my cruise will be but a memory. None will be planned unless I win the California lottery. Too many expenses looming.

Judy
Old January 9th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

I've got the cruise blues too. another 4 months till we go on our Alaska trip. I have been scouring the Alaska web sites for information, bought a book, and have travel brochures to look over.
Still I'm dreaming about the next one after that, maybe Hawaii, or the Panama Canal?
Everyone have a good week.
Old January 9th, 2005, 11:33 AM
susancruzs

I have the blues, too! I'm doing alot of research for 2006, waiting for September 2005 Transatlantic on the Sea Princess!!! I'm looking at another 3 week cruise, probably Europe/Mediterranean! Ahhh, my dream cruises!

Doing a biggie cruise is nice, but that means once a year instead of twice! 2001, 2002 and 2003 got me spoiled big time! Its hard to adjust waiting for Fall to get here!

Susie
Old January 9th, 2005, 12:09 PM
venice

what you have is very normal..it''s a year round affliction and probably contributes to most CM regulars buying a lottery ticket to pay for their next cruise based upon their cabin number of their last cruise (smile)
Old January 9th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

Got the blues big time right now! Keep sneaking a peak at the brochure and getting my photo albums out....sigh...........

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old January 9th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Admiral

I just got back 2 weeks ago today...(dont throw rocks at me)..and I am already getting the PCD's..

Old January 9th, 2005, 06:32 PM
First Mate

Hi:
I cruised last month and my dh and I usually cruise the end of January for his birthday. I wish now we would have waited, but we got a reallly good deal on the Caribbean Princess last month.

My next cruise isn't until September and I'm having a hard time coping with that. I know it's not that long, but we're usually packing in January to go........

From now on; I think we're going back to the end of January to go on a cruise.
Another thing making it really difficult is the weather we've had in Iowa, which has been pretty bad and the fact that I changed jobs 2 months ago, after being at my last job for 15 years, and the one I got is really awful. I need to escape, but I have to wait a few months.

I've really got the cruise blues or maybe just the "January I hate my new job blues"; not sure which.

Happy cruising.....Anita
Old January 9th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am really feeling the blues, also. We usually cruise in January or February, but have to wait until December - that's when my brother & SIL want to cruise with us. We can't cruise now anyway because I started a new job last May and don't get a vacation until May. I took one unpaid vacation in October (to visit family) and can't afford to do that again! I should be getting ready for a cruise instead of watching winter storm weather reports! I think I'd better book right now, so I have SOMETHING to look forward to!
Old January 10th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Admiral

I made myself a good stiff margarita this weekend, but it didn't seem to help! I got a sale announcement from a carnival PVP advertising a $179 (of course that would be for a 1A) rate for a 3 dayCarnival Holiday cruise out of Mobile (easy driving distance from Atlanta).

Never been in a 1A, but frankly if I didn't already have plans for that specific weekend I'd be going!! Anything to tide me over until September....

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old January 11th, 2005, 06:39 AM
VTJen

I too have the cruise blues - none booked and none on the horizon. Wish a million dollars would fall into my lap...but since chances are slim to none - I'll just live vicariously thru all who are lucky enough to cruise and nice enough to share their adventures with us.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004