Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday morning.

Good morning....it is Monday again. Where does the weekend go? This past one was a busy one for us. Saturday we had our annual "tea" with the girls. Sunday we went to see Tim Conway and Harvey Korman. Harvey Korman said he will be 78 next month....and you would never know it. Those two put on a heck of a show. But, now it is back to reality.
I hope you all have a wonderful day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:42 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Good Monday morning.

Good morning all,

It is 29 degrees in Southern NH. I just got information on one of my courses and boy is it a lot of work for only eight weeks.

When should the summer of 2006 be posted any ideas?

Have a great day

Carnival Miracle
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Not much to report about this weekend. We had our X-mas party for our church choir Sat. night. Fun was had by all. Yesterday we took down the church decorations for another year. During choir rehersal, we got to listen to a recording of our choral concert before Midnight Mass on X-mas. We weren't too bad, if I do say so myself! But I'm a partial observer. We never get to hear how the congregation hears us, so it was sort of neat.

I hope everyone's team won this weekend, but if they didn't...wait 'till next year! <G>

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Monday morning.

Good morning from swfl...did not post yesterday too busy. Went to church, afterward we gave my girlfriend a surprise birthday cake at church. By the time we got home it was after 4pm. At 5pm we went out again to have dinner with my in-laws at the Olive Garden. I have never been there the food was okay. Saturday evening oldest, baby and youngest went to a church to see the Zoe Girls in Concert and my dh and I took middle daughter out to dinner at a steak house. The food was very good and we had a nice evening. Now that I gained 3 1/2pounds I am back on my diet /walking.

I did look into the CM Hawaii cruise for next year but my MIL or dh can't take time off for this long.

I wish everyone a great day!

Old January 10th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Angela Z,

Good morning from Orlando.
Sue, you're not the only one with a few extra pounds creeping on......also trying to get back into the walking routine.....we certainly don't have the excuse of bad weather!
Angela Z.
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Admiral

Morning Cruisers! Where did the weekend go? This will be a full, 5 day work week in a long, long time for me. No vacation in sight till 2/19 for the CruiseMates Pirates of the Texaribbean cruise on the Grand! Hope I can hold out till then ; )!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old January 10th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Admiral

First day of a wonderful week. First full week of Weight Watchers for me and DW. I figured I might as well join since wife did and I was going to eat that way anyhow. Looking to lose 25 as my first step. Since I have diabetes I consulted my doctor first I barely got "Watchers" out and he said great! Supposed to be fairly warm this week in South Jersey which is fine with me, although I have to admit I am still the little school kid when it comes to snow days.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 10th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! A lot warmer this morning at 28F It is supposed to go to 38F today. It will seem like a heat wave. Have a great day all.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 10th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
I think we should start a dieting buddy system!!! I do a lot of walking at work, but it's not the same!
It's 8:01AM already, 57 degrees here in Avon Park FL and the sun is out. For all of you northerners who are getting jealous of our weather, a cold front is predicted for the end of the week.We're supposed to cool down to the high 60's with some rain. Ahhhh.

We didn't do much yesterday. If any of you saw my late post, Trevor managed to get the icons back onto the desktop. Evidently they were hidden behind it when he tried to print a map at 150%. I watched the football games. At least, Indianapolis won!
Last night we got sucked in to the TV show "24" and now have to keep watching it to find out the results of the 2 hour premiere. "More of the story" will be aired at 8PM tonight.

I'm getting to think more about cruising now that it's in to the new year. The question is where to cruise next.We've done the Caribbean 5 times already.
Bye for now. It's getting late. Have a terrific day! Lynne
fasteddie, I always enjoy listening to our choir and chorale performances after the fact. Doesn't it seem as if you've suddenly memorized the pieces, but then you don't get to sing them again????!!!!!

Old January 10th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI. We'll enjoy our heat wave in the 30's before the below zero weather hits later this week.

Doug, good luck on WW. I've taken off 45 pounds on it in the last year, and have a bit to go yet. I've been off of it with all the surgeries and treatments, but I need to start logging in my points again. It really works, and you can cook up some very tasty meals. Eating out was and is my biggest challenge.

I'm off to start my last round of chemo today. YIPEE!

Have a good one all.
Phyll

Old January 10th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cold, gloomy, chance of snow/freezing rain Massachusetts. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I also have started to the diet thing. Was going to start on January 1 but parties, parties, parties. Guess I'll dust off the treadmill and hope it still works. Good luck to all us dieters. How about a CM diet support group?

Starting to pack to take my 2 kids back to school in Tampa on Thursday. Sad to see them go, but at least my laundry will be cut in half again.

Phyllbo--YIPEE from me too!!!!

Looking forward to the Patriots game this weekend.

Have a great and safe day.

Cheryl C.

Post Edited (01-10-05 07:35)
Old January 10th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Mary Lou, I can't think of a more entertaining show than Tim Conway and Harvey Korman! Their dentist routine from the Carol Burnett Show years ago is still the funniest thing I have ever seen on TV!

Here in Montreal, it's cloudy and dull, just below freezing. We had more snow overnight, but not too much. It looks like a fairly mild week ahead, with more snow and rain in the forecast.

Yesterday we had a great family party/dinner for my DD's 21st birthday. Even her new boyfriend was "inducted" into the family! We had food, decorations, presents, and fun, and of course, took alot of pictures. My mom seemed to really enjoy all the excitement.
We are now hoping and praying she will still be with us so we can celebrate her big 75th on Jan. 28.

Donna

Old January 10th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning all !

I too am back on the diet today, and I am all for a CM diet support group!!! I have been having the hardest time getting back into the swing of things. I suddenly realized over the weekend, as of this coming Thursday I have only 5 weeks before I head for Fl. My goal is to lose 15 pounds by the time my plane leaves the ground. BTW I am doing the Atkins plan, it has worked great for me over the last year (30 lbs!!).

Hope everyone has a great day and those of you who are beginning a diet achieve whatever goals they have set!

Carnival Inspiration Feb 19, 2005
Old January 10th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Passenger

We saw Tim Conway and Harvey Korman in Detroit on Saturday night. You're absolutely right they were a hoot!
Old January 10th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning amigos. Not much to report here. Just counting down the days until I cruise... the sad part is that it will be over that much sooner, too.

This weekend I helped my in-laws book a cruise in June. Wish I could go on that one, but it's so expensive and I don't have any vacation time. They had to go that week because their sister-in-law, who is going with them, is a teacher and can only go then.

Have a great day.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 10th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Even though I don't think they're around anymore, I lost alot of weight on Diet Workshop a couple of years back. I found my old information and am going to do this diet again. The best thing I found was WALKING. Luckily, I turned on my treadmill, after getting an inch of dust off it, and it still works. If I can only find a way to walk on it while checking out CM on my computer.

Cheryl C
Old January 10th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! COLD, cold , and colder. That's Calgary this week! We've been entrenched in a low pressure cold front for a week.... now an Arctic cold front is headed our way. NOT my idea of a good time

I'm into doc stalking mode... but if they do arrive we may have to burn them in the fireplace for heat. NOT! 16 sleeps to relief <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 10th, 2005, 09:13 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........it's warming a bit here.....30's this am.....<S>
Phyll......I'm sure you'll come thru with flying colors.......you're in my prayers......
RD......I'll be celebrating with your mom........that's mine too......<S>
Hope everyone has a great day............

Sharon

May 14, 2005 Diamond Princess

Old January 10th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Good Monday morning.

Good morning from wet and soggy Southern California. Lots of damage and problems because of the heavy rain. If all we have is plumbing problems, we've gotten off lightly compared with a lot of others.

Plumber will come this a.m. (hopefully . . . you never know with plumbers) and pump out the septic tank. Finally, I get to do the laundry!

Have a good day, all!

Judy
Old January 10th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..Foggy,Foggy,Foggy,,,is the word here in wc Ark..at least it is not snowing and real cold. I wish you all would stop all that dieting talke>EG<.. Since I quit smoking, last Sunday, I am eating everything that is not tied down. I have even looked at that wonderful, darling, pooch and saw pork chops on her. ...but AT LEAST I am not smoking!!!!...I am off the next 2 days and I am not able to do anything due to my back still acting up. SHeeesh, I wish I could get this fixed.

Phyll...YiiiIIIiiiipppppeeee from me too. You go girl..I am so glad you have tolerated all this so well. I know it has not been easy.

Doug. I KNOW how hard it is to loose that weight. I too am diabetic and have a tough time controling it. Hang in there buddy, you can do it.
RollerD..I have looked at all you pics and they are great..tell you mom I think she is a "hottie" >VBG< You have a good looking family kiddo.
Kuki..if you are trying to get any sympathy out of me..IT ain't happening.. have a great cruise you ol' mooster
Ed..congrats on the choir having a good time.
ML..how does your brother like our "crazy weather" now?...

Everyone else...just have a real wonderful day and please stay safe.

Old January 10th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin. Cloudy and 23 right now........hopefully the ice storm that is going to hit Chicago tomorrow will stay far enough south of us!!! I don't feel like battling ice again!

Old January 10th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Vancouver. We are still in our 'cold'spell-a few degrees below freezing. We are expecting a bit of snow tomorrow. I am at work later today and tomorrow-I am hoping it will snow enought to shut down the labs tomorrow! On Fri. the late shift people did not have to go to work because (they shut down the labs at 1 pm) of the 'snow'-?? We didn't even have any our way plus the roads where I had to drive were perfectly fine:??!
We are really getting into Cruise Mode. We have only booked our Stingray with Cptn.Marvins and we are going to the Orphanage in Roatan with some supplies and hiring a driver from there to take us snorkeling as well as a bit of a drive. Cozumel we want to do some snorkeling(unless we are tired of snorkeling by then!) so I THINK we will go to Chan.Park as they have some snorkeling OR Paradise Beach(no good snorkling, but free/$5)OR Palancar Beach and maybe I will get an excursion to the reef there-probably just me though. Belize ,we want to go snorkeling. If anyone has any good suggestions please let me know! So many other details I have to get ready for the cruise!
Phyll-I am wishing your Chemo goes well!! You have handled your illness with much grace(I hope that is the word I am looking for!).
Lynne- get the weather HOT in Florida by the 21st please!!
Everyone:hope your dieting/exercise plans go well.I should be doing it also!! Take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old January 10th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning again!!! I have been following the thread on weight loss buddy group. I am sure up for that!! I do the Atkins diet and have great luck with it. I find it to be comfortable without those cravings that used to do me in. I have many of Dr Atkins books and find the lifestyle to be be very healthy. I admit I was worried about my cholesterol going up because I could have red meat and bacon. After 6 months I went back to my Dr for a checkup and found everything to be right in line, where it should be. Even my slightly elevated blood pressure was coming into place. It also works well in our house because Lane is diabetic and cuts carbs too.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 10th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Again, Too,
It's now 7:20PM so I don't know how many of you will see this. My parents used to manage a Diet Workshop franchise in Western New York several years ago. I still have some of the cookbooks from that program. Whenever I start gaining more than I think I should, I revert back to some of the basics of DW. My grandmother used to live with them and called the meals, "imitation food", because she was from a German family of 18, and was accustomed to making mashed potatoes and gravy, real egg noodles chicken noodle soup, and everything from scratch. She was insulted if we didn't take a second helping of her Sunday dinner before the Diet Workshop days.I still use the "pink packet" in my coffee, and carry some with me. I don't like the alternatives.

Now, if I can give up the cherry ice cream Hubby gives me for dessert, and stop eating the pies he brings home from the grocery store ("you have to help me eat it"), I'd be in better shape!
Cruising gives us more incentive to get those pounds off! Lynne