Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Good Morning Tuesday

Good Morning CruiseMates. A fairly nice 27F here in NH's Lakes Region. Today is the big day, I go for the interview. I got an email from Carnival asking me to complete a survey I did it. Anyone else get this email? Have a great day Mates.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Morning Tuesday

Hello everyone from Ohio. It is 43 here this morning and more rain. We are under flood warnings again. It is suppose to rain for the next three days. Some people are still trying to recover from the last rain. I am just waiting for my cruise. Oh yes.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruznut2, Carol and all the CM's to follow. Good luck witht he interview Cruznut...I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Carol, we have more rain also. The rivers are really swollen here and we lost 4 crew members of a tugboat the other day due to the currents. It was very sad. On my cruise note...I finally arranged my post-cruise hotel stay. I was having a terrible time getting anything on Priceline so I switched to Hotwire.com and got Amerisuites in Ft. Lauderdale at a fairly decent price. So, now I'm ready to go! Just need to start packing....which I am hoping to do this weekend. Have a great day folks.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Angela Z,

Good morning from Orlando. A fog advisory is out this morning. Yuck.
Hope all our mates with extreme weather are safe and sound.
Angela Z.
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Not much going on here in Upstate NY, just waiting for the snow to start falling. 2-4" with freezing drizzle afterwards. Yuk!

Good luck, Cruznut, on the interview.
MaryLou, I seem to be having the same problem with Priceline. Maybe I'll do the same as you did.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 11th, 2005, 06:05 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All
Another spring like day in Ga. Back at work after a day off. Our neighbors across the river are still displaced from the train wreck last week. Thousands have not seen their homes in almost a week; living in motels & shelters with no clothes except what they had on when they were evacuated at 3:00am last Thurs. Good news for the 2000 mill employees that they are getting paid while the mills are shut down.
Lets remember these folks & the people in Ca. with the flooding in our prayers.
Ya'll have a great day & a better week. I need to go over my packing list again.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old January 11th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning Tuesday

Good morning from swfl...today oldest daughters boyfriend is moving here to FL..we are expecting him around noon. Tonight he will check out his new home.
I am looking forward to saturday as I am going deep sea fishing in the Gulf of mexico.Can't wait since I love fishing. We are on a chartered boat <myself and two female friends> I will try to remember to bring my camera to snap a picture of the big one!
Not much else on todays agenda. The weather sure seems whacky around the globe.

Have a good day mates...

Old January 11th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Everybody,
It's about 7:43 AM here in Avon Park FL where we also have the fog. It's pretty dense at the moment. The temp is about 61 degrees. By the end of the weekend, our lows will be in the 40's !! with highs in the upper 60's.
My mother has learned, which is really a confirmation by this new neurologist that she really doesn't have Parkinson's Disease, but a related syndrome.The Dr. upped one of the medications she's been taking which should help her. That's better than the possible brain surgery she was facing. Now, she'll be scheduled for cataract surgery so she can see more clearly.Everything is behind a curtain, and she can only see "dots" on the TV, rather than people.
A couple of my roll call friends are still anxious to see if we'll surprise them and sign up for the same cruise we were on last September-same week, same ship, but to the Eastern Caribbean where we were supposed to go in the first place. Never say never, but, it's probably a long shot since Trevor put in his vacation for the second week in October. That might be able to be changed on my end if he's no longer at the bank, and our arms are twisted enough!
Take care everybody. I saw the flooding Ohio River this AM in Covington, which is really Cincinnati South. My son works in Cinti. Bye. Lynne

Old January 11th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal where it's -14C and trying to be sunny. After today, it's supposed to warm up and rain tomorrow. Not bad for January!
I'm off early this morning to take the dog in for a professional grooming, then run some errands for my mom, then visit her this afternoon.
Hope everyone has a good day!

donna

Old January 11th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning from another gloomy day in Massachusetts. Waiting like fasteddie for the snowy/freezing rain to come again. Glad I'm leaving Thursday for Florida.

CRUZNUT--good luck with your interview
MARYLOU--have fun packing for your trip. I still need to pack for Florida and I leave at 6:00 am Thursday
SUE--good luck when your daughters boyfriend arrives and have a great and safe time on your fishing trip. Be sure to post the picture of the BIG ONE
LYNNE&TREVOR--hope all turns out well for with your mom's new medication and with her cataract surgery.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day despite the weather.

Happy cruisin'
Cheryl C
Old January 11th, 2005, 07:33 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All

I did survive my hectic weekend. Saturday's wedding went well - of course the bride was beautiful as was everything. They made all the decorations and food themselves. What a lot of work. Of course getting to see husband cousin (he is 19 and same age as our daughter - and they are quite close) was a highlight. He was just back from Afghanistan and will be headed to Iraq next month. We have two young men that are close family friends - one is my niece's boyfriend in Iraq, and one in Saudi - they tend to be in our thoughts and prayers alot.

On Sunday we went to church. One of they boys that goes to school at same university as daughter was going to spend the night with us as he needed a ride to the airport. He is dd ex-boyfriend from High School, but they've always remained good friends. He is another one that has been literally abandonded by his parents. They moved while he was in High School and signed over guardianship to the Pastor 6 month before they moved and had him move out and move in with the Pastor. He is a good kid, but they just got tired of parenting - except for giving lots of advice and guilt trips. This poor kid is a hard worker and has had to rely on the kindness of his friends parents for the last 3 years. One of his friends family owns a huge business, so they supply the job, and let him use a company truck during the summer months. The pastor housed him and financed him during his senior year of High School. Another friend's father owns a motel, so last summer while home on break, and this Christmas they supply him with a room at the motel, in exchange he helps out some when he's not at work.
Well, we help out with what ever extra stuff we can - like bringing him to Tenn to college and helping get the stuff his room needed and small expenses (we can't doo a whole lot as we are also helping son's gf). Well, his Birthday was Saturday - no one from his family called our sent anything. It made me really upset. How do people just disregard their children like this. I don't get it. These are good kids, well behaved, smart, involved in sports, not drugs...both sets of parents treat their pets better than their children.

Well, to make a long story even longer, I added to my weekend by having an impromptu Birthday party for the kid. I made a big meal and invited my family over, bought a cake, decorations and gifts. He was very thankful. I can't imagine what it feels like to not realy know that your parents care - and have to rely on other adults to do all the things that your parents should be doing, like suppling food and shelter.

Oh, well he enjoyed the party and all the Red Sox Themed gifts I gave him as well as all the cash from my other family members. My family always comes thru, they been very kind to my son's girlfriend as well.

Yesterday we drove daughter, the above mentioned boy, and another boy all to the airport to head back to school. Each time she leaves I feel a litte worse. This time I'm having a hard time. I don't really know why...
After we dropped her off DH and I had a lot of errands to run. I fell in "love" with a 34 in widescreen, flat screen Panasonic HDTV, but my husband said "no", it isn't in our budget. I was a little disappointed. The feature that sold me is that it not only does picture in a picture, but goes to a split screen so in the fall I could be watching the Patriots on one side and the Bo Sox on the other and flip back and forth for sound. The little Picture in a Picture is just to small for me to keep good track of what is going on in which ever game is in it. Dreams do come true, so I'll keep on dreaming... (he should be thankful I don't have my heart set on an LCD or Plasma)

Today is back to work...I don't feel like it at all, but the Pastor is out of town, so I'd better get up there soon, to hold the fort down.

It took me quite awhile to catch up on the Boards - I've missed alot over the last few days. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope you all have a truly wonderful day,
VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old January 11th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI. Weather is light mix this morning and lots of rain tomorrow.
Day one of chemo left me feeling pretty ucky last night, but I'm back to my old self this morning and ready to face day 2.

Cruznut-good luck with the job interview.
ML- I'm so glad to hear that you got the room in FLL. Now get packing!
Sue- I never pictured you being a deep sea fisherwoman. Sounds like fun! We will want pictures.
Lynne- Good thing your mom got a second opinion and is getting some help. I hope her catarac surgery goes well.
Jim & Leslie-I'm keeping those folks in my prayers. What good news to hear that the mill workers will still be getting paid.

Those of you in the flood areas or the snow and ice areas, take care and drive carefully.

Pyll

Old January 11th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning from Ohio, little snow, now rain.

Phyllis--So glad to hear you are feeling better today. We missed you in chat last night!

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old January 11th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. I have excellent news. Mark has his best lead yet for a job - it's from a friend who is looking to hire. Please, please keep your fingers crossed. He's been unemployed for three years now - he needs this so much, for his own sanity if not for the money.

In other news, two and a half weeks until we are cruisin'. I am SO ready!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 11th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Actually had a nice day in Calgary yesterday, with temps going above 0 farenheit. But tonight the deep freeze is forecast to return... windchills to 45 BELOW zero ... and no improvement for at least 4 days.

And people wonder why I like to cruise so much!!! It's to save my sanity<G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates and I am running late this morning. The weather is so crazy in every area of the globe. We are suppose to have temps in the 70's today. Then this evening a cold front is coming thru and poss thunderstorms tommorrow if we get the instability in the atmosphere.
Going to the Dr this morning for xrays on my back and see if there is anything they can do for me. I refuse to live in this kind of pain for very long, but then again I may have to.

I just hope you all have a wonderful day and Please stay safe.

Old January 11th, 2005, 10:05 AM
cruisinKandJ.

Good morning from Southern California where the sun came out for one brief and shining moment. Some terrible things have happened across our state, all weather related. Houses and people buried in mud in Ventura County and a six-month-old baby rescued from a flood swollen creek only to be lost again along with the swift water rescuer, then both found by yet another rescuer. Baby is hospitalized, but apparently will be okay. That one was close to home.

Well, the septic tank works, the toilets work, and the laundry is nearly done. I must call Princess at noon to see if they got my check and if not, put a stop payment on it. Don't know if the cruise will be automatically cancelled or not.

Time for breakfast and then get the ark out to run other errands. Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old January 11th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Happy Tuesday from the great white north. We actually had 1/4" of snow. It is actually white outside. It isn't deep but it looks more like January. I could have lived with it looking like mid-November.

Things are going with nothing exciting to report. That is a good thing. I hope everyone has a safe day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 11th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning from another cold(for us RD&Kuki!) Vancouver. It is about 4 degrees below freezing and we are expected to get some snow-about 2 inches where I live. I have to go to work and early this afternoon is when the snow starts. I sure hope I can get home OK at 9:30 pm tonight!
Phyll-glad you are feeling better this morning! :-)
Kuki-with cold like that in Calgary, no wonder you cruise a lot!!
VTJen-You have been busy as usual. Good for you for helping out those children.
Everyone-hope your day goes well.
BigJohn-I hope the NS(nonsmoking) is going great, and your back smartens up!
Take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Terri Ann

Default Re: Re: Good Morning Tuesday

Hello Mates,

Returned last nite from our cruise on the Valor. I miss the 80 degree temps!!! Came back to snow and ice and 30 degree temps....yuck!! I will post a thorough review as soon as possible. I give it a 2 "thumbs up" and a 8 out of 10. I had 2 negatives and they are not big ones: soft-serve ice cream machines ran out frequently on the LIDO deck during sea days and were not refilled very often. The coffee needs major improvement. We had an enjoyable cruise and our expectations were met and no major dissapointments. Major plus: Ron Pass at the LIndy Hop Piano Bar!!! Embarkation was superb, no lie here, we were onboard in 20-30 minutes and we arrrived at noon. (Fun Pass line was much shorter and quicker.) More details later.

Terri Ann ( oh yes, DH wants to book as soon as possible for a Southern Carribean cruise, yippee!!!!)
Old January 11th, 2005, 01:51 PM
DENISE HINTZE

good moring its 22 degressand cloudy here in mpls hope you have a good day