Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Congratulations to early Europe bookers.

Yes, Europe is hot. I am in sticker shock at the prices that I am seeing for this summer's Europe cruises. Celebrity pulled Century from the Caribbean to cruise Europe and the prices are still $175/day for an inside.

Balconies for the Baltic are well over $300/day. Last Spring they were around $200. So for all of you early birds I hope you enjoy the "cruise worm". <VBG>

Take care,
Mike(Who is glad he booked The Cruisemates Lots of Time Little Money Cruise)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Congratulations to early Europe bookers.

$300 per day for balcony, highway robbery. How much for tips, sodas, wine, and drinks on top of that?

Sure glad I book early.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:58 PM
John F

Mike, yes those prices are going up. We have been lucky enough to get some pretty decent fairs. We are going on a Transatlantic (Legend of the Seas) on 4/10/05,
a Baltic (Constellation) on 6/04/05, and the Cruisemates Transatlantic cruise (Liberty) on
10/24/05. We booked these early enough not having to pay a "big price". We are very lucky this year to have a chance to enjoy all these wonderful cruises. John & Priscilla
Old January 11th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Administrator
Admiral

John:
I have been looking at the Legend of the Seas Transatlantic. My Aunt and Uncle have a house, north of Lisbon and they want us to meet them there. Unfortunately, Betty's work has once again got in the way of cruising.

It would have been great to see you and Priscilla again. Oh well, we'll see you in October.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 12th, 2005, 06:04 PM
John F

Mike, that would have been terrific if we could have sailed with you and Betty. We ended up getting a great deal on the trip that I couldn't pass up. We are Diamond members and got a Cat. D-1 balcony on the stern with air back to Ft. Lauderdale
for around $ 1250 per person!! Good deal I think!! We will really be looking forward to seeing you guys in Rome on the Liberty. I am heading off for three + weeks of scuba diving in Micronesia (Truk Lagoon and Yap) at the end of Jan. Priscilla does not go on these "hard core" dive trips. Take care. John