Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Good News, Bad News

Well, the good news is that the Princess situation has been resolved. Our cruise is still on, and barring any unforseen illnesses or emergencies, we're goin'! Please keep Keith in your prayers. No more seizures!

Earlier, I posted that my long-time neighbor and friend had a double mastectomy. The fast-moving, aggressive cancer she had has, indeed, metastasized. There are spots on her kidneys, and she has been told that at some point, she'll have to have kidney dialysis. She has had one chemo treatment. Now doctors don't know how long these treatments will go on. The original plan was twice a week for 12 weeks.

Please keep Georgia in your prayers.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Good News, Bad News

I know what your friend is going through, having just been through it with my mom. One devastating piece of news after another. But tell her not to give up - fight fight fight!
My mom's will to live, despite all the setbacks, has been unbelievable - she is a strong woman!

donna

Old January 11th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Good News, Bad News

Georgia says she'll do anything to live. She has more courage than I would. I nearly fell apart with Keith's illness.

Judy
Old January 12th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Sorry to hear of your friends illness. What a horrible illness it is. My thoughts and prayers for her.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 12th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Having a friend like you will help her indeed. Just stay available with your broad shoulder and listen, listen, listen! From what you've reported, Georgia is a fighter, and she will look to you , and others for a lot of support. She may fool the Doctors. She'll need a lot of hugs! Best regards to her and to you as you go through this together-long distance or right there beside her. Lynne