Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Thursday Morning!

Well, the weird weather is over here in SE Wisconsin.....THREE thunderstorms yesterday afternoon and evening....hard to believe it is January in Wisconsin!

Have off of work today - last night was interesting to say the least. I really need today off to recharge.

Have a great day everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Good Thursday Morning!

Good Morning Lisa,
Thunderstorms in WI? That is weird in Jan. We are still having funky weather here in St Pete too. Not bad just really different for this time of year. we are in the 70's right now and will still be warm again today. DH had to fly up to R.I. for business.and got a taste of winter weather. This weekend will be a little cooler but not too bad. we are way warmer than last year. Makes it great for picking all of our florida sunshine (oranges).
I'm off to school for another day of trying to prepare the youth of America to become productive citizens. Have a good one
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old January 13th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning from rainy Ohio. It is 59 this morning and more thunderstorms today with more flooding. This is crazy weather. It is suppose to be in the 60's today and only 30 tomorrow. Crazy. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old January 13th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning, LIsa, Anne, Carol and all the CM's to follow. Pittsburgh is also experiencing this very strange weather pattern. It will be 68 today. Of the first 12 days in January, we had 9 with rain. But as I keep saying, "It is better than snow".
I believe I will begin packing on Saturday for the Jewel Company Picnic Cruise.....I cannot wait for that cruise. Have a great day folks.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 13th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Angela Z,

Good morning from Orlando where the rain is predicted to show up here today. Of course it is, Orlando is hosting it's largest convention to date....something like 100,000 extra people in town.
Angela Z. who vows not to set foot in the southwest part of town this weekend.
Old January 13th, 2005, 05:51 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All
Warm high 70's in Ga then it supposed to go back to freezing this weekend. makes no difference to me I'm packing for the caribbean.
Hope everyone is having a good week.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old January 13th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I think my countdown clock is stopped! I don't know if I can stand it. If it were up to me, I would leave tomorrow. <G>

Not much going on here. We actually had some t'storms yesterday. Caused a few problems at work. Hopefully things will be better today.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 13th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Good Morning. DW, who had been moaning that she didn't think she had lost any weight, lost 4.4 pounds on her jfirst weigh-in at Weight Watchers. My first weigh-in is Saturday Morning. So far I am adjusting well to the plan. Bridezilla returned to Jersey and is roaming at-large, she briefly talked to her sister but has not contacted anyone else.

Everyone have a great day!

Post Edited (01-13-05 06:43)

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 13th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Everybody,
Not much time to chat. Hubby will be calling momentariily to check on our bank balance. He's already seen what my paycheck will be=Biggest Ever (yeah). Better cut out some of the overtime. . He wants to see what his second one will be.

Then I have to hustle so I can get to the store for the weekly donut run which has turned into Danish for a change! It's also less expensive.

I've gotten permission to use my cell phone at work so people can reach me. I've moved to my new "space" upstairs and have no phone extension. Sometimes the Nurses Station is closed while the girls are doing their rounds. This is for in house use only, so the boss and residents can find me. I roam in my job so by the time someone might know where I am, I've already moved, am on the elevator, or am conducting an activity.

Bye for now. It's 8:05 and I haven't felt any vibration on my lap yet! Better get going.
The current temp in Avon Park,FL is 70 degrees and sunny! Lynne
PS. When I got home from work last night, Trevor was on the Princess website!!!!

Old January 13th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone! Looks like a beautiful day in Florida. Too bad I am stuck in an office. But on a bright note, our cruise is in two weeks! Can't wait!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 13th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Good Thursday Morning!

Good morning from Southern California where the sun shines once again.

We bought a new car yesterday, well, new to us. It's a beaut! Does everything but polish our shoes and make us a BLT. I'm a little too excited, I guess. Couldn't sleep. Buying a new car is not an every-day occurance for Keith and me. My old car was almost 15, and I was getting afraid to drive it.

Lots of errands today starting with a dental appt. I think I'll try for more sleep now, though.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old January 13th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The warm weather touted for us may not be, in Boston. Drat, may have to put my flip flops away...Errands to run, and I think I will make a nice soup for supper, with a loaf of crusty bread....Come on over and I'll save a palce for you at the table...Have a good day kids.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 13th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Late this morning due to server difficulties. It is going to be near 50 today. Hard to believe it is January. Have a great day all

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 13th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..we dodged a bullet last night with all the storms. It got a little hairy last night but the worst of it stayed to the south. Had one tornado touch down and 2 killed and several injured. It was still 68 at 10pm last night and 58 when I got up at 5am this morning and now its dropping..it is 47 right now.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and a great weekend coming up

Old January 13th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, the City of Ice. Everything is solidly covered in ice this morning, but the sun is shining and it's melting fast. We are supposed to reach a high of +11C today (51F), and that is amazing for January! Last night I was out driving in the miserable freezing rain and guess what played on the radio? Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett! Ahhh, the memories of cruising.....
Today I am "Mom-sitting" so my sister can take my aunt out for lunch and some shopping. She has been house-bound, caring for my mom since she got here, so she deserves a day out! At least it's warmed up enough for this Californian to bear going outside!

donna

Old January 13th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Still doing the BRRRRR Shuffle in Calgary. Temps are well below 0, and with windchills definately make a BRRRRRR.

It's back to work for me today. I can't avoid it

But 2 weeks from today I'll be waking up in Ft Lauderdale, and maybe seeing a ship or two out my hotel window.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI. Just sitting here nice and warm knowing the temps are falling outside.

This round of chemo has knocked the stuffing out of me a little, but it's over with, and things will get better from here on.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, and catch up on reading some of the posts.

Have a good day all.

Phyll

Old January 13th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning from just near freezing mark Vancouver. Dyed my hair yesterday afternoon using the shade:Caribbean Mahogany and today I am getting it cut. The girls are getting theirs trimmed today also. One week today(after school) we will be driving to Seattle!!
Sounds like everyone is doing fine so far of the people who have checked in. Weird weather,eh?!
Take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Sorry to double post. Just checking to see if my Countdown Clock is back. Guess I was not logged in?-although I don't know how/when I lost it!!