Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Good Saturday Morning

Hi, CM's. Well, I asked myself, should I do this again? Why not . . . I'm here.

We're still trying to learn about our "new car." Errands on the agenda, too. It'll be a warm typical Southern California kinda weekend. I also hear temps into the 80's later on.

Keith and his son will go to the kinki airport and visit with the ol' guys and their airplane projects, then the group goes to lunch at the worst place you can imagine. Suspect that will all be delayed by an inspection of our "new car."

Happy Saturday, CM's.
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Good Saturday Morning

I may as well say good morning before I go to bed. Have a great Saturday everyone!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old January 15th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Back to winter here in NH's Lakes Region. Yesterdays 57 has dropped to 23 this morning. Most of the snow was taken away by yesterdays fog and warm temps. Yesterday we had some real pretty doves come and visit our feeders.That was the first time I have seen them there. I do hope they come again. For a while we had a family of cardinals so pretty and bright against the snow. Have a great day all.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 15th, 2005, 05:46 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Saturday Morning

Good morning mates...did not post for a while expect my poll question. Went out for dinner last night.I am not used to eating this late so off course I did not sleep well. I am also allergic to my new cat so this doesn't help.
My dh has been approached to open his own company and he might go for it. This would be a huge step for us. It would happen end of May..

My BIL and his wife are in Miami and boarding some Carnival ship for a 7 day cruise today. They are from CO and coming from all that snow they must feel pretty happy right now!
Report cards from kids had no surprises..11 year old had all AAA'S and 13 1/2 year old one needs to get her act in order so she can go to High School after the summer.
Our fishing trip for today got cancelled due to the bad weather. It rained yesterday but it seems to be okay today. But might as well, I am not feeling too hot this morning anyway.

We are trying to figure out our travel plans right now. My dh wants to do something without the kids somewhere along the way.

Anne Marsh i wrote you an e-mail..please let me know ok?

have a good day mates

Old January 15th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning 'mates,
Sue, got your email. Good morning y'all. Cruizenut 2, I feel for you. My mom and dad are here from New London NH, waiting for their car to arrive. Left NH on Tues on a truck. Anyway, it's cooled down here to a 60's. Had a rainy and somewhat cool ( ok, for Fl it was cool) day in the 60's. It's a soccer morn with 2 games before 10 and concession stand duty. Ok, now that I have my coffee, here's what's been happening. Foster daughter has moved back to Fl, is in the process of moving to Orlando and getting situated in school. MichelleP and Angela, she is moving to apt on S Rio Grande. We are looking at a move in date of a couple weks so maybe we can see about another cruisemate get-together. Also have mom and dad here, so am having lots of fun between moving FD's stuff to storage area, getting Mom and Dad off to Seagrove and all the everyday stuff. Glad we have Mon off. Ok, yes, teachers are spoiled. Ok, off to get DH up so we can do the great soccer sock hunt. Have 1 green one, need another. Hmm... where did I see that? The joys of boys.
Take care
Anne

and as soon as the coffee hits will try and set up my new clock

Caribbean Princess
Old January 15th, 2005, 06:57 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All
Yahhooo I'm at work this wknd so that next wknd I'll be on my way to Port Canav. & Mariner on Sun.
Ya'll have a great weekend. packing for a cruise is such fun.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old January 15th, 2005, 08:10 AM
SarahJ

Judy -- Maybe I missed it. What kind of new car did you buy? Congrats on the purchase.
Old January 15th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning all, from Montreal, where yesterday's mush and mild temps have turned back to ice and -9 freezing temps. Such is winter is Montreal!
Housework is on the agenda for today. Maybe I should take my own advice from a previous post <VBG>

I want to say thank you once again to the many Cruisemates who have responded to my birthday postcard request. I was overwhelmed - even the lurkers came out of hiding!
I can hardly wait for the cards to start arriving next week, boy, will my mom ever be surprised!

donna

Old January 15th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. It's chilly (to us) here too. I need to get started baking cookies. Going to a going away party this afternoon. A good friends' son is going into the Navy this week. We're all very proud of him.
Angela Z.
Old January 15th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Good Morning to all my CM friends....Hope your day is planned with lots to do and fun. I am going to watch the playoff games and we are suppose to have another couple over for dinner and plan our summer land vacation.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and please stay safe.

RollerD..I hope your mom is surprised..getting my card today and getting it in the mail.

Old January 15th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Slight warming trend beginning in Calgary today. We might make it to above 0 F.

My partner is still on vacation in Hawaii, so I'm off to work this morning.

Two weeks from now I'll be boarding the Jewel of the Seas!!!!

Old January 15th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning from east Texas where it is a bit chilly-34 degrees! Oh well, we needed a little winter here.

I do not have the opportunity to post during the week, so I thought I would try and join you on the weekends. My DH and I have cruised twice and love it. We won't probably do a cruise again until 2006 (going to Europe in May), but I would love to do a cruisemates cruise. On our last cruise we did EOS and did the Meet and Mingle and it was a blast, so I think a Cruisemate cruise would be great fun!!!

We have four sons 20, 22 and twins (boston terriers) that are 1 1/2. The latter two were unexpected and very much loved, I know many of you can relate!

I enjoy reading your posts and do so every night. Thanks for letting me join in-

Renee

11/10/05
Explorer of the Seas 9/19/2004
Rhapsody 9/2003
Old January 15th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Admiral

You're welcome Renee, nice to have you aboard, "twins" and all!

donna

Old January 15th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Welcome Renee to CruiseMates! I assume you do mean 34 degrees not -34!!
Good morning from a cool-still a bit below freezing Vancouver. We are off today to visit with my sister who lives in another Vanc.suburb. THEN ironing,packing etc.etc.
Yesterday I learned a bit more about using my camera and had my first 38 photos burned to a disc. Then this morning I put them into My Photos. I know some of you are thinking:Big deal. Well for me to actually try and do it(and it worked!)-that is a 'Good Thing'! I even had some Photo paper and printed out a few. I tried to email one picture to my niece and myself but it did not work-some error about using hotmail. Oh well!
Everyone-hope you have a good day. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda

Old January 15th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin where right now my thermometer says it is a balmy 2 above zero with sunny skies. I would love to be in FLL right now stepping on my next Princess cruise! I can dream, can't I?

Have a great day everyone!

Old January 15th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Afternoon,
It's now about 2:10PM and Trevor just went down for his nap. That trip over to Tampa did him him. He's not used to so much activity all week! . He just finished beating me at Scrabble by 8 points so he's content!
It's pretty overcast here and dreary in Avon Park FL. The computer temp has us at 64 degrees. It is damp and cool enough to have had Trevor turn on the heat. HE was cold first! I took a shower and warmed up to get a head start.
Somehow, some bug has caught me and I'm at the beginning of "something". Yesterday evening my throat really tightened up so I started drinking water to keep myself hydrated. I blamed it on drinking too much coffee and drying myself out. I usually don't get the "crud" that goes around the building, so hopefully I can shake this by Monday. Could also be that I've been on a high carbohydrate diet this week---fattening stuff. Yeah, that's the ticket!! (doesn't agree with my need to drop calories!).
I was looking over a Princess Travel brochure before, and the only ship in the Caribbean until the Fall is the Caribbean Princess( in the Princess line). Then it will be joined by the Star and the Sun. Maybe we could go on the Star, since we've been on the other two. I really don't care where we go-just as long as we go!! Take care. Lynne

Old January 15th, 2005, 11:02 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Joe the Cruise King

Howdy~Ho Cruisemates!
On Wednesday I called the local t&t (time and temp.) and it was an odd temp. for Jan. in Indiana 64* then on Thursday it was 34*, school was cancled on friday so the teachers could put our grades in our report cards.(i'm in 6th grade)But besides that on Friday it was 18* and this morning i woke to realise that our road was closed do to the salamonie reservoir was flooding!!! What a Saturday mornin'!Today the Temp. was close to 23*.

Have a merry Sunday everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!