Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Poll: Things That Have Disappeared Without Our Noticing

I remember those Cruznut2! Haven't thought about those for maybe 40 years! Yes Arby's is still running strong and there are lots of them here in Florida and the South. Same for Hardee's to answer anothers question. I used to hate them but the new angus burgers are wonderful! Drive-inas are all but gone everywhere with probably less than a hundred running in the USA now. So are the gas stations when you pulled in and were immediately taken care of by an attendant who washed the windows, and checked the oil, water and tires and then they gave you stamps, glassware, or other 'gifts' for stopping in. Many even allowed you to run a 'tab' and pay up later in the month. Now you have to pay before they will even turn the darn pump on and if you want to fill it up YOU have to give THEM lots of money to hold and afterwards they give you the change. A switch in trust?
Jim

Old January 20th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Passenger

sea trekker - we have a new drive-in movie theater coming this summer! Can't wait for it to open. Hope it does well.

How about 1-2-3 Jello. You added water, whipped it with a mixer & it would separate into 3 layers.

Also Space Food Sticks (I think that's what they were called) I loved the caramel flavor.
Old January 21st, 2005, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Here is something else long gone. Howard Johnsons!! remember that bright orange roof? They alaways had 28 flavors of ice cream. They used to be everywhere now gone into the past.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 23rd, 2005, 04:43 PM
maxine

A really good fudgsicle; and also when I was a kid there was an ice cream bar called a Scotty Bar. It was like an Eskimo Pie but the outside was butterscotch flavor.
I know Dairy Queen has one, but it is not as good!

Here's something interesting; last week my five-year old granddaughter found my jar of marbles, and now she wants to play marbles everyday.....
Old January 23rd, 2005, 04:43 PM
maxine

A really good fudgsicle; and also when I was a kid there was an ice cream bar called a Scotty Bar. It was like an Eskimo Pie but the outside was butterscotch flavor.
I know Dairy Queen has one, but it is not as good!

Here's something interesting; last week my five-year old granddaughter found my jar of marbles, and now she wants to play marbles everyday.....
Old February 26th, 2005, 08:50 PM
snuks2

well, well

some of the things disappearing,,,,,,,,,from school,,,,,,,,skipping ropes,,, double dutch,,,,,hop scotch,,,everything that lasts for yeas and years,,,,,,,,,,now almost eeverything is disposable,,,camera,, now they have digitals the regular cameras are going out the door

Belle