Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Spell Checking Help

There was a time that I could spell reasonably well. We won't go down the grammar and punctuation road. In recent years my spelling has become worse and I have resorted to using a spell checker. This one was recommended by a Cruisemates poster a few years ago and I installed it and have been using it. I'm sorry but I forget who it was. It works quite well and is easier than writing in Word or other text editor and then cutting and posting. You may wish to give it a try.

Remember, it only checks spelling, not grammar or punctuation but it helps. You also have to remember to hit the "abc" button in the IE tool bar to run it. (I've not done that on a number of occasions.)

It is free and as of the last time I downloaded it, it was virus, malware and adware free. I make no other endorsements of the product other than the fact I use it and have been happy with it.

Here is the link.

http://www.iespell.com/

You can just click "download" on the left side menus.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Spell Checking Help

Thank You ser Mike..do you theenk I mite knead it?..>VBG<..That is a real good one, laying all jokes aside. Good to see ya posting..I have missed a few of yours lately. Glad Krammer is fat and sassy..smart too.>wink>

Old January 20th, 2005, 02:56 PM
John F

Default Re: Spell Checking Help

Hi Mike: Many thanks for the tip on the spell check web-site. It works great. Something I
need from time to time!!! John