Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Default Arm, Foot, pins, screws, freedom, etc. (update)

I'd just like everyone to know that my progress is continuing as planned. My arm is gaining strength after the break and my physical therapy is really helping my somewhat frozen shoulder. If any of you are ever unfortunate enough to break any bones, be sure you push to get the physical therapy you will need, because it's amazing all they can do to speed up your recovery.

I've had the first pin removed from my foot and will have the rest of the pins, screws, scaffolding, etc. removed from my right foot next Wednesday. This will be done as a surgical procedure. I'll be a bit groggy but will not be put totally out for the procedure. All I know is that I'll be glad to get "The Erector Set" removed from my foot and I'm ready to begin to re-learn how to walk. It will be such a treat not to have to hobble with only one crutch or use the wheelchair that I hate so much.

Our new house is looking great! They are finishing the exterior cement work today and the landscaping begins Monday. Then its just final finishing and clean-up stuff.

I doubt the doctor will let me help with much of the moving. (We begin our move on February 3rd.) Luckily we are rich with good friends and have a crew of about 12 people coming to help us move. I guess I'll have to sit in a chair and pretend I'm the C.E.O. of the move. I wonder if anyone will listen to all of my oh-so-clever advice??? Hmmm???

We're going to take all of the moving volunteers to a local pub after the move for a few pints of microbrew and some good pub grub. We thought that would be a nice way to thank the many helpers. Plus we need something to celebrate.

Cheers to my Cruisemates friends. Thanks for the encouragement along this bumpy road. Things are definately getting better.

Post Edited (01-21-05 12:50)
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:46 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Arm, Foot, pins, screws, freedom, etc. (update)

Chuck, Congrats on your continuing recover. I know first hand it is a long and tough road and you are doing great! Keep working with them and even after make sure you do the range of motion excercises to keep it free and usable. The feet are really tough and I feel your pain there. All I can do is offer encouragement and advise you to follow the Dr's orders and therapist even though it is hard. Best Wishes
Jim

Old January 21st, 2005, 02:27 PM
L&S80

Congrats Chuck on the bones getting better.....also on the house.....it is exciting to move into a new house......places to find to put things....<EG>
We'd help you move if we were closer.......would be fun.....

Sharon

May 14, 2005 Diamond Princess

Old January 21st, 2005, 02:34 PM
Admiral

Congratulations, Chuck, on your continued healing. It must also be so exciting to see your new home being finished up and ready to move in to. Have fun being the CEO for the day and continue the therapy.

Phyll

Old January 21st, 2005, 03:09 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Arm, Foot, pins, screws, freedom, etc. (update)

Congratulations on the move and on your continuing recovery. I know first hand what wonders can be done with physical therapy as I watched my husband regain strength and movement after three weeks flat on his back.

Have a good time at the big move!

Judy
Old January 21st, 2005, 07:33 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Great news of your recovery and the move! I to wish I lived near so could help out. Keep doing the physical therapy it is very important. Good luck and keep smiling. you'll make a great CEO!!
Old January 21st, 2005, 08:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

How nice to see how well you are progressing..keep up the good work!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 21st, 2005, 10:56 PM
Admiral

Chuck, so good to hear that you are recovering nicely. Isn't it great to have such good friends to help you move? You can sit back and "direct". I had to do that once; I was 7 months pregnant with my first child and put on bed rest, just as we were about to move into our 1st home. Neighbours and friends saved the day, while I sat in the middle of the living room on a borrowed lawn chair and directed traffic! I like your plan for thanking your friends afterwards at the pub - great idea! Have a safe and fun move!

donna

Old January 22nd, 2005, 07:57 AM
VTJen

Chuck,
Glad to hear that you are well on the way to recovery. Physical Therapy is great. My son thinks that is the field of study he will pursue after high school, I'm glad for that.
I'm sure you must be very excited to be moving into your new home. I'm sure that your friends are very glad to help. So many times we want to do things for others when they are sick/injured and there is little to do, this time they can really give back. I'm sure that makes them feel really needed.
Enjoy your celebration, and don't overdo.

VTJen
Old January 24th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Hope your recovery keeps going speedily... seems pretty well-timed to me, so you don't have to help move! Hope that goes smoothly!

I think y'all need to book a cruise after this!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 25th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Chuck, glad things are going better.

By the way, I have an Oosterdam article from Cruise Travel if you want.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!