Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2005, 07:21 AM
VTJen

Default Update on Baby Jayden

Finally had word about the health of baby Jayden. It seems the doctors at our local hospital misdiagnosed him, no tumor or stroke. Instead he has a very rare brain disorder. The right side of the brain is larger then the left side. This puts constant pressure on the brain, causing the seizures. The doctors say this is nothing that he will outgrow. The best they can hope for is to try and control the seizures somewhat with medication, but he will still have seizures regularly, for his entire life. They are trying to take him off all the other medications they have given him, except the seizure meds, to ascertain what, if any, other damage has been done by this disorder. Because of the smallness of the left side his fine motor skills will certainly be effected.
It is a sad situation. Mostly because the people who are most directly involved in his life parents and grandparents are not able to really take care of him. His great grandmother and one aunt who really have stable lives and common sense are looked down on by the family because they go to church and not allowed to help very much, thus denying the baby any real chance of a normal life at all. They parents and grandparents (both sides) think normal, is drinking, drugging, running around on each other, and criminal activities are the norm.
Oh, well, we can only hope for a divine intervention.

Thank you again for your prayer and concern.
VTJen
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom
Default Re: Update on Baby Jayden

How sad. It's too bad that the parents have that kind of attitude. One can only hope for a miracle or a change of heart from the parents. Of course if the parents (and grandparents) are leading that kind of lifestyle maybe dfcs will get involved and intervene because obviously the parents from what you say are unfit to provide the care that this infant will need. I do hope things work out for this poor little guy. He's definitely in my prayers. and thanks for the update

Old January 24th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the update. I will continue to pray for Jayden. But will pray harder for his family. Maybe, hopefully, they will wake up and see that their lifestyles affect more than themselves. I hope his great grandmother and aunt who are stable continue to try and help him.

Cheryl C
Old January 24th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Admiral

That is so sad VTjen..I cant imagine. We will continue to pray for this little guy and hope that God will intervene in this situation.

Old January 24th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Update on Baby Jayden

Thanks for the update! Very sad...
Old January 24th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the update, Jen. That is so sad that this little guy is in the situation that he is. I pray that he gets the care and love he needs, and for his very needy family too.

Phyll

Old January 25th, 2005, 05:06 AM
Yeoman

It really upsets me when people don't think of what's right for the child FIRST. Drugs and babies don't mix. I know a lady who is on drugs and told her 14 year old daughter that she was pregnant and got an abortion AGAIN! Without getting into the abortion subject .. . why in the world would she tell her daughter that? The daughter is devistated as she wants a brother/sister. For the children, I pray for strength and happiness. For the parents . . .I shake my head and ask "why would you do this?"
Old January 25th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Our prayers are with the baby and his family. Drugs destroy lives I hope and pray that
God will intervene and will stop the maddness.

The Valencia and Stein family
Old January 25th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Julien A

I hope that the boy can adapt to his abnormality as sickness can really make one depress even a child. It is worse if you living environment is full with problems and you are in a sense alone with your sufferings.

May he receive the best medical care and more attention from his relatives.

Julien
Old January 26th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

How sad. I will continue to pray for him.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain