Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Default Dreaming of Paris and NYC in April

I just saw a deal for RT air and four nights at a 4+ star hotel in Paris for $769. (Hotel Aster Saint Honore) This is available the first week in April, during my spring break. I think I feel my credit card getting warmer through the back pocket of my trousers. Hmmmmmmm????

Any thoughts, should I?

I could also arrange a two night layover in Newark and thus could have a weekend in NYC on the way. This would break up the long flight from Portland, Oregon. The only additional charge would be a hotel for two nights in Newark or NYC. Hmmmmmmm!

Does anybody know a good but reasonable place to stay in New York or maybe Newark???

Post Edited (01-25-05 08:31)
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Dreaming of Paris and NYC in April

Do it! Do it!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 25th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Being from the NY area means I don't spend a lot of time in hotels in NY. What I can tell you is that if the ads are to be believed that there are generally very affordable weekend (Thurs to Sunday) deals for many of the better hotels. If I had two days to spend in NY, I would not want to spend it commuting back and forth between Newark and NYC. I suggest a midtown or downtown hotel. Any extra money would be greatly offset by proximity to the things you will want to see and do.
PapaBill
Old January 25th, 2005, 10:28 AM
AR

Sure, why not.

See the string on the ask the staff board entitled "Hotels - New York." It's probably down a page or two now. Good advice there, I think.

Lots of good hotel deals in NYC now, probably be somewhat more expensive in April, but hey, it's New York.
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Chuck if you do go let me know how the hotel was. We are planning a trip to Paris July4th and are trying to find a place to stay close to all the places we would like to see.We only want to stay 2 days since we are going to the Netherlands afterwards to visit Amsterdam and a close by town I used to visit a lot in my teen years.