Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday and I'm outta here....

Good Friday morning. The day is finally here.......we are outta here later today and cruising tomorrow! It is 3 degrees here today with windchills below zero. I'm counting on seeing a jump of at least 70 degrees later today when we arrive in Ft. Lauderdale. I was supposed to be off today to finish up...but, here I sit at work. Oh well....soon enough. You all have a great day and week. I'll be thinking of you all!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Admiral

Default Re: It's Friday and I'm outta here....

I don't know why my post is showing up that way. I am logged in as Mary Lou.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 28th, 2005, 06:01 AM
VTJen

Good Morning Cruisemates,

MaryLou - have a great cruise. I keep telling myself I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous.

Today will bring the son to school, then go get his girlfriend. Then do a couple of errands, gas up the van and head to the Medical Center in New Hampshire to have my pre-op exam. Still have a lot to do before Tuesday, but I'll get it done somehow.

Yesterday found out that I will be released from the hospital on Wed (if all goes well), then on Thursday my husband will have to have surgery on two hernias here at our local hospital. He went to the doctors two weeks ago, met with the surgeon last week and given a date. Not a big deal, but with both of us having surgery in two days, and trying to figure out how to get him to and from hospital, as I can't drive for 2 weeks, is a little nerve wracking. I was looking forward to some down time, alone, but I guess that is not to be, and I know it sounds really selfish, but when I'm feeling poorly I just like to be alone. Guess God's trying to teach me something.

Well I'm running late.
Hope you all have a stressfree day.

VTJen
Old January 28th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl...brought youngest daughter to the doctor yesterday because her temp was 103.6. But he seems to think its a virus and did nto give her any meds. This morning she is still feeling lousy . Gave her some more fluids, tylenol and now she is sleeping again.
We did get our DSL package but they say our lines are not activated until the 4th. Tonight my dh and I are going out to dinner with my MIL if youngest daughter is feeling well enough to be left at home with oldest and middle daughter.

Next weekend we are going to Miami for a church event. ML have a wonderful cruise I am sure you will enjoy it a lot!
I am off to see if I can find some cheap fares to Europe....
Old January 28th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Admiral

Temperature today is -2 degrees in Massachusetts. It seems to go the wrong way everyday.

Sue--hope your daughter gets better soon.
Marylou--have a great, safe and warm cruise. Very jealous.
VTJen--good luck with your pre-op.

Everyone already posted and everyone to follow, have a great and safe weekend.

Cheryl C.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doug--til Sunday 2/6
Old January 28th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning, Everybody,
The sun is shining in Avon Park FL and the temp says 57 degrees at 7:56AM.

Today our Activities Staff gets to wear our new department shirts--tangerine (orange?). The old ones were a dark teal, my former boss's favorite color. Apparently there were none left when my new boss went to order for some employees who didn't get one, so now we have the bright citrus look! I think it will brighten and perk us up a lot-we are a dept of women, who go for the fashion!! I don't know about up north, but this is one of "THEE" colors down here this spring.

Nothing too sensational is going on except we were on the computer a LONG time last night looking at possible cruises. As much as we'd like to go in May during our anniversary week on the Caribbean Princess, the much better rate is on the Star Princess in October. We read that it is a beautiful ship and the reviewers gave it pretty high marks.Plus, it is a ship we haven't been on before----5th different ship for 5 cruises. But-we have to book by Feb. 17 to get the good deal. The balcony rooms are already pretty sold out.

Yesterday I got all the way to the grocery store for the work pasteries and I discovered that I'd forgotten my name tag, keys with the time clock swipe card on them. UGH. So, I got the groceries and delivered them to work then came home and got the keys. I'm glad I live closeby. I had to just "write-in" my time so it wouldn't screw up my time, and then double punched out last night. (in then out) I hate it when I do that!!

Better go. it's already 8:05-I've been pushing my luck with the clockin anyway. Bye. Have wonderful cruises this week!!! Lynne

Old January 28th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! A very chilly 1 degree here in NH's Lakes Region. A good day to stay in and stay warm. Still job hunting though and have a few places to go to this morning. That cruise on the Glory sounds interesting. If I get a job real soon I will look into it. Have a great day all.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 28th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where that thermometer is still stuck at -22. I don't even want to know the wind chill! I'm off early this morning to pick up some more of my mom's things, and spend the day with her at the Residence. We will be celebrating her actual birthday with a few visitors and the cook is making her a cake. Thanks once again to all you CruiseMates who have sent her cards and postcards filled with good wishes.Prayers and best wishes are the reason why she's still here to celebrate her big 75th!

donna

Old January 28th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's so cold here that the computer wouldn't even let me get on the website this morning. So I had to go to work. An exhaust fan belt broke up on the roof, so I had to go outside and tear the enclosure apart to find the broken belt. It's -11F out there, so I didn't spend too much time out there. Hopefully, I can't find another belt so I don't have to go back up there. <G>

I'm leaving work at 1:00 this afternoon so I can go home and pack. Don't laugh! I told you I wait 'till the last minute. <VBG> Then at 5:00, we fly off towards Ft Lauderdale, via Philadelphia. We don't get in till late, so we'll miss the CM get together. Bummer!

Everybody have a great day, and a fabulous weekend. And we'll see you in a week!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 28th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi kids,
Morning from cold [brrrr] Boston...I am off to the Dr. today, going to take part in a study....Hope I don't get the placebo No work tomorrow for me,since they are putting in a new boiler, they have had no heat all week, so tomorrow I will be off to Conneticut, to see the kids, and baby Aiden...I cannot wait to pinch his tushy ! I hope all our cruisers have a safe flight, and a fabulous cruise.....Remember, a foo foo for all of us is a given! have a good day, Donna give Gladys a big Cruisemate group hug !!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 28th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr....coldest day yet. Car expressed its displeasure at being made to operate in the weather, but was fine after warming up. Dogs showed little desire to go outside, preferring full bladders.

Keep Warm and have a great weekend!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 28th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Waking up this morning in Ft Lauderdale, looking across the causeway at the piers is one of life's great pleasures!!

Looking forward to see all our CruiseMates friends tonight!!

We're off to contribute to the local economy <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 28th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from chilly central mass where the temperature earlier this morning was -10. Brrr. Bon Voyage to all our CruiseMates, oh and Ed i betcha that the party will still be going strong at the Marriott into the weee hours of the morning. I hear that antlers are hollow allowing for a large consumption of alcohol<VBG>
Old January 28th, 2005, 09:53 AM
cruisinKandJ.

Good morning from chilly, gloomy Southern California where mroe rain is predicted.

Not a happy time in this house. We are both very discouraged. Keith's short-term memory seems to be getting worse instead of better. He notices it, as well. He ruined not only dinner last night but what would have been left-overs for the next two nights. The food had to be thrown out.

What was supposed to be a pleasant day for us yesterday turned into a trial. One of our pleasures used to be shopping together. No more! Keith practically crawls along and won't go any faster. Not because he can't but because he won't. Grocery shopping is the same way.

He's got the bank account on the computer all messed up, too. Computers? Oh yes, he's got them messed up also.

Yes, I know it could be a lot worse. But ut could be a lot better, too. Okay, I'll stop complaining now.

Judy
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Mary Lou: Your alter ego is showing up. :-) Even a good workout can't get rid of all those cookies. <VBG>

I hope you have a FANTASTIC cruise. Do me a favor, look around the balcony partition and stick your tongue out at them. <VBG> After that introduce yourself and explain that someone you know was "supposed" to be in that cabin.

I also would like to say howdy to all who will be at the Marriott. I will be there in spirit.

Today will be an exciting day. Our new bed will be arriving. ooh. We are finally going the King size route. I guess Betty is finally tired of the elbow in the ribs. :-)

Judy, I know that the changes from the medication and the stroke are frustrating. Betty and I deal with it every day. I do not move as fast as I used to and I go through mood and personality swings that are very unlike the way I used to be. We both have accepted that life isn't what it used to be and probably will never be that way again. Hang in there kiddo and keep your chin up.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 28th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Admiral

MaryLou and all, I hope you guys have a wonderful cruise and certainl;y wish we could be there with ya'll. Anyone from the mid-atlantic area needs to go now! Ice storm acoming so don't get stuck! See you all when you return and can't wait for the photos!
Jim

Old January 28th, 2005, 11:04 AM
L&S80

Good morning Larry here. Just wanted to tell everyone today is Sharons birthday. Have a great Friday.

Larry

May 14, 2005 Diamond Princess

Old January 28th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates form a very chilly, wet and cloudy day here in wc ARK.. at least it is not snowing and sleeting like they said it might be.

Not much on the agenda for today other than trying to keep the fireplace going.>G<
Have a Great Cruise all you Picnickers down there in Fla. and have a great meeting tonight.
RollerD..hang in there and Hope your Mom is likeing the new surroundings.
Judy..Prayers coming your way as they are for all the ones in need. Just try to encourage Keith and hang in there.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and please stay safe.

Good day to "cruisemates" who ever you are..

Old January 28th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good afternoon from partly cloudy SE Wisconsin where it is actually warming up a little - we broke into the 20's this afternoon!

I am mad at all the Picnicers only because I am not going with them.......sob!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Old January 28th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Admiral

I hope everyone made it or makes it for the cruise. Reports coming in about a huge ice storm hitting Atlanta and it is not known when the airport might have to close or flight delays or cancellations. I hope all our 'mate' get there safely and have a wonderful cruise.
Jim

Old January 28th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Lynne &Trevor

It's 10:11PM at the moment and I imagine that the party is in full swing. I'm also envious of your view of the pier Kuki! The ships coming up to Ft. Lauderdale have left their private beaches and are really trucking towards the Port. Somewhere around midnight or 1 AM, those passengers might start seeing birds flying, and more lights in the distance as the Keys are being passed.
If anyone of you gets up really early, or is still up around 5AM, the sight of the ships coming in is awesome. The Caribbean Princess will be waiting out in the ocean for the pilot boats. You will see her come in between 5:15 and 5:30 AM. She will either come straight in or hang a left and back in to her spot. She is beautiful with her lights on at that time of morning. We've been there to see it.

So, if any of you see this in the AM--another Bon Voyage-have a wonderful time!! Lynne