Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default I Got my Stash..yipeee!!

On my way home from the Dr. today, I passed by a Tuesday Morning. this is new to the area, so, I thought I would stop in and check out what Lauren Bacall has been raving about..[don't bother] what a shlock place!!! Next door was a travel agency, so I figured I would stock up on the newest brochures..Now THIS made me happy, am I crazy, or are you like me, and the thumbing through the pages, sets your heart atwitter? I am going to check out my minisuite on the Zuiderdam, now.........If I squint, I can be on deck, sipping a foo foo, instead of looking at mounds of snow

Post Edited (01-28-05 16:10)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2005, 02:02 PM
maxine

Default Re: I Got my Stash..yipeee!!

I'm with you!

My husband rolls his eyes at me all the time....I keep the Celebrity book by my chair and almost every night I look through it. You would think I have it memorized by now!

We will be on Millenium March 6th for our sixth cruise. If I have trouble going to sleep at night, I start at the dock, board the ship, breathe the ocean air; sometimes I make it to our room or the pool bar. then I am asleep........
Glad to hear someone else uses their cruise memories and cruise anticipation for entertainment!
Old January 28th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

I always get the undated brochures, my TA is also our neighbor/friend, 2 doors down and he hand delivers them, knowing full well that by the end of the month we'll want another cruise checked out and possibly booked.
Old January 28th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Our 12 year old keeps them in the bathroom for reading material (I'm sure he appreciates Mom telling everyone this). I think he has every deck memorized. I agree about Tuesday Morning, a bunch of overpriced junk.
Old January 28th, 2005, 04:01 PM
L&S80

Trip I'm with you.....keep 'em right by my chair......always looking & dreaming!!! Only thing better is waiting for the cruise to get here....

Sharon

May 14, 2005 Diamond Princess

Old January 28th, 2005, 09:11 PM
susancruzs

Me, too! Me, too! I have my Princess brochure at hand, my old CT issue with the Sea Princess reviewed, and I keep thumbing through both!

I also ordered a DK guide to Europe & Mediterranean, which is great! I wish I would have had it for Italy this year. I'm hoping to do the Med next year so it will come in handy then, too!

Sept. 3rd can't come soon enough and I can't believe I'll be onboard for 21 days! :-)

Susie
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Daneen, we've got a stack of cruise brochures in the bathroom, too! How sick is that???

I keep a folder in the bedroom that has brochures from Princess, HAL, RCCL, NCL, Disney, Windstar, Windjammer, Cunard and Carnival (of course). I *meant* to pick up Costa and a few others today at the TA when I booked, but was so excited I forgot.

I look thru one brochure or another almost daily.

Got it bad....

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Admiral

Oh GEEEEEEEZE Now I'm going to have to go out and get my own stash!

Mind you I have quite a few E-Brochures downloaded in PDF format from P&O cruises Australia.

Off to browse them now

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old January 29th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Admiral

Not very often does one come up with a PERFECT WORD.

Kudos Trip! "Stash" is one of those.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008