Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Default Latest Update

To: all my "Cruisemates" Friends!

Wednesday I had the final pins and the external fixator removed from my foot. To everyone's amazement, (including the physical therapists and both doctors) I am left with NO (Yes No) bone or muscle pain in my foot. And yes I can walk quite well. WOW!

This may mean that I'm home free (Knock on wood!) and that perhaps I will need no surgical revisions on my foot. (At least that is what I'm hoping.) Originally the foot doctor felt a second surgery may be necessary. I don't see the surgeon for two more weeks and will know much more then.

I have to use a large boot on my right foot and leg for about two weeks or so as the foot finishes the healing process. There is still some swelling and a small wound that still needs a bit of healing time before I return to work on 2-7-05. That's a piece of cake after the many screws and pins that were fixated to my foot and are now gone.

Anyway I am quite optomistic and my broken arm is getting stronger each day too.

Our new house is really looking beautiful and will close either Wednesday or Thursday of next week and then we can slowly begin the moving process. We hope to be totally moved in by Feb. 12th or so because we need to be out of the "litter box" rental by 2-15.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement during this most difficult time. Life is getting much better now, or so it seems.

Happy Cruisin' !
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Latest Update

Great news Chuck. I am delighted to hear of your recovery. The news of your new home is exciting and I look forward to whenyou can post some pictures. Take care and continue to do well.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 29th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Admiral

That is good news Chuck. An ankle break is usually pretty tricky and difficult to heal.....you have made an amazing recovery. You must have one GREAT surgeon....to possibly have got it right the FIRST time......it's not the norm.

Sending good wishes for a continued uneventful full recovery!

Old January 29th, 2005, 08:42 AM
VTJen

Very good news indeed!!!

VTJen
Old January 29th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Admiral

That is fantastic news, Chuck! It's always nice to hear the unexpected when it is good news. I hope you continue to heal so well that you won't need further surgery too.

Thanks for sharing the good news.

Phyll

Old January 29th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Chuck:
That is great news! I will admit I was worried about the outcome because a friend of mine had a similar break and had a long recovery and rehab.

YOU SHOWED THEM!!!! Now keep it up.

You will soon be doc dancing and I hope the arm has the same results!!!!

I am bummed it had to happen but I am very glad things are turning out as well as they are.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:45 AM
cruisinKandJ.

Grreat news, Chuck. I hope your recovery continues as it is.

Judy
Old January 29th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the update Chuck, glad to hear you are healing well, and are looking forward to the big move. Must be exciting to be moving in a new house, never done that myself. Hope you'll take some pics once you're finished decorating and share them with us!

donna