Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Hog Heaven:)

In the travel section today, I showed my hubby, an article that had him drooling...A Harley cruise on the Explorer of the Seas!! These cruisers are allowed to bring their bikes on the ship!! Can you imagine? 35 bikes are allowed to cruise, and the fare is slightly more, but includes perks like: being allowed off the ships first, & allowed to drive the bikes off the ship themselves, at mandatory inmmigration in St Thomas. the bikers skip to the front of the line, they get white tags at the end of the cruise, letting them, being cleared customs first.
The article went on to say ,some were thrilled, and some were not happy about the total mileage they rode, saying that the longest ride was promised to be 120 miles, but that was the total mileage for all 3 islands. I guess with every new venture, there are kinks to be worked out, but boy oh boy,I bet many would be happy about this option. I had never heard of this before..Bruce wants to know if they allow Gold Wings

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Hog Heaven:)

I suspect this cruise is being "Captained" by a Harley rider. The Captain on our first cruise on Splendour of the Seas (don't remember his full name, his first was Johnny, and they do move around from ship to ship) kept a Harley on board, and rode it around at each port of call.

He was chasing a young "exotic dancer"-type passenger on our sailing.... (a shame, cuz his bio says he's married with children).

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old January 31st, 2005, 08:16 AM
First Mate

Capt. Johnny is on the Mariner now & has his Harley with him. He also has a Harley scooter he rides on the ship.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old January 31st, 2005, 11:43 AM
Admiral

I got very excited when I read your Headline "Hog Heaven"..I thought it was a story about a razorback or something similar. .

Old January 31st, 2005, 03:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

I saw the prices for the Harley cruises, they were absurd! At some ports you can rent a bike if you really want to ride but when I cruise, I like to spend my time diving or at the beach. I am lucky enough to live in the south so I get to ride year round anyhow.